Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lsengrim

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by lsengrim » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:12

Thanks a lot to all Ego team for a great work with the whole game. It becomes closer and closer to perfect condition! Please make more DLCs like SV, money is not a problem for all fans, i believe so! Please hear the wishes of your fan base:
1)Economics, flights, ships and other mechanics are good, and thats the "base" of the game, but at the moment it has a lack of lore, plot and some kind of "soul", which were the positive sides of classic x3. If i can say so, the game feels "sterile". It becomes mostly obvious on stations, you dont really want to visit it, because the pirate station is similar to trade station, argon similar to teladi etc. Please make stations interesting and different, and give us a reason to WANT to visit it, or this "pedestrian" mechanics will be just a burden.
2)Animations, X is not a kojima horror game
3)Make more features of the HQ. I do not have many reasons to visit it now.
4)Make more different software. The "software " mechanics was great in x3 (sorry for comparing). We had exclusive soft from different factions , it was expensive but it was worth that.
5)Getting Ingame money is easy now. Thats a problem i think. You do not feel a real satisfaction earning it. Economics works great, but i think, there are 3 reasons:
-Small sectors. You dont feel Space as it is. You can deliver goods from one end to another for 4 min.
-It is business.If you want to make business, you have to give something. What about paying some money to crew, pilots (depending of their stars)? The second point is fuel. Are spaceships fly with the help of holy spirit? You already have energy cells. Make ships use it somehow. It will give pilots a reason to use their brain more.
- No real threat. I remember time of x3 when i was leaving a pirate sector with shaking wet hands just to sell some microchips. Now i feel just safety everywhere. Space is Not a safe place)
Thanks for attention!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 13:35

When can we expect post 3.0 roadmap and information about DLC 2?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 13:41

There's no point in asking for dates for announcements; we'll make them when we are ready. Right now we're fully occupied dealing with the feedback and issues coming out of the 3.00 release.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 23:49

Egosoft could you please consider the implimentation of nvidia DLSS? You would probably need to talk to Nvidia about it, but if you do work on this you could get some very good marketing on the next driver update install images etc. I think the tech would work wonders in X4 because of how different it is to most games.
Please consider.

valos
x4

Post by valos » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 13:28

For me the emergency are to work on think make the game look like unfinished, and i'ts for my point of view.

many item in encyclopedia dont have description.
It's need some "campaign like" mission for integrated lore and better understanding of the x4 world and the objective of each faction. (for exemple in mission guild)

we can't manage y axis wen give order to ship.
It would be better if the merchant ship awaiting order, stayed on their station, instead of going around in space, full of xenon, Kha'ak and pirate.
It's need more option for carrier, for exemple, if i want put my ships inside i cant
The IA of heavy ship are the same as small one (at least for those of the player), result of great inefficiency.

Station imported from X: rebirth is pretty, but remains immortal, it's a problem because IA (Argon federation or GodRealm of the Paranid) spends this force to tempt to destroy them and not going back until it's done (and Tharka's Cascade XV environment are corrosive and desintegrate argon fleet again and again)
l'organisation est la base de tout succès
dual boot (64bit): mageia 3/win 7
16,0 Go DDR4 Canal-Double en 14-14-14-35;
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (3.2 ghz); RX480 8Gb

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 22:03

Are you actually playing the latest version, valos? In 3.10 you have a number of story missions (even without the Split Vendetta expansion, and more if you do have it), and the issue of ships endlessly attacking the Kha'ak station has been resolved. I should also point out that the AI for capital ships and small ships are not the same and never have been.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 22:12

I would add that, in my opinion, the new campaigns/plots are pretty awesome (certainly on the level of X3).
Can't we change orders in 3D now?
I think you can also set ships to dock when not doing something else, at least as default behavior, but making default behavior changes could be more convenient.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 00:50

tomchk wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 22:12
I would add that, in my opinion, the new campaigns/plots are pretty awesome (certainly on the level of X3).
Can't we change orders in 3D now?
I think you can also set ships to dock when not doing something else, at least as default behavior, but making default behavior changes could be more convenient.
You can move the points up and down in 3D now. In addition, you can also move around some things which were previously unmovable, such as satellite placement orders.

barcharcraz
x4

Post by barcharcraz » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 00:52

Axeface wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 23:49
Egosoft could you please consider the implimentation of nvidia DLSS? You would probably need to talk to Nvidia about it, but if you do work on this you could get some very good marketing on the next driver update install images etc. I think the tech would work wonders in X4 because of how different it is to most games.
Please consider.
I'd wager there are bigger fish to fry in the graphics performance department. I'd like to see some kind of temporal anti-aliasing, and I strongly suspect that rendering perf could be improved across the board with time and expertise. Key word there is time and expertise. GFX development takes time, especially with a game as dynamic as X4, and the current perf isn't cataclysmic or anything.

franck5216

Post by franck5216 » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 16:00

After correcting the catastrophic bugs from version 3.1, see the other post in the support section

You have two priorities.

The first is the training of pilots, since we have habitat modules you should continue with this logic, set up training academy modules, which we should supply with more and more numerous and complex goods according to the evolution of the levels and the time as well obviously, why not reinforce the interdependence between the economies by asking us to bring them specific goods to several races.

The second, you must allow us to ask a vessel to transport this goods to this station continuously, up to the defined limit. After several hundred hours of play, we spend half of our time giving manual transport orders.

Ideas for the next steps I have lots but already finish this step correctly.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 16:26

I'd add ability to buy and ferry workforce (X3 TP class of ships) - I'd easily need some ships that can carry 1-5k of workforce.

That ways we could even set-up space cities which would "produce" workforce.

vertauris
x4

Post by vertauris » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 21:40

Dear Egosoft
I have an idea about more of QoL addition. Since i'm a big fan of Alexei Zakharov work i tought that maybe it will be possible in the future to choose which "sector music" plays on player owned sector ? yet another motivation to conquer! :D

Anchorshag
xr

Post by Anchorshag » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 22:17

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 11. Apr 20, 16:26
I'd add ability to buy and ferry workforce (X3 TP class of ships) - I'd easily need some ships that can carry 1-5k of workforce.

I really like that idea! I miss TPs, would be a perfect reason to reintroduce them! And all the usual ferry/tourist missions.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 00:23

Anchorshag wrote:
Sun, 12. Apr 20, 22:17
mr.WHO wrote:

I really like that idea! I miss TPs, would be a perfect reason to reintroduce them! And all the usual ferry/tourist missions.
I would love this. Hyperion anyone? Would be quite funny to have to wait for a least a few of the passengers to get on the ship too (not all of em if we are transporting a lot, just a few).

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 01:00

Axeface wrote:
Mon, 13. Apr 20, 00:23
Anchorshag wrote:
Sun, 12. Apr 20, 22:17
mr.WHO wrote:

I would love this. Hyperion anyone? Would be quite funny to have to wait for a least a few of the passengers to get on the ship too (not all of em if we are transporting a lot, just a few).

Eh, some of these ships have HUGE capacity for crew - especially the Aux ships.
That said, they're ungodly slow and using the Crew Transfer feature takes for-freaking-ever. I'd be really happy with a S-sized ship that could carry 50, but with the speed of a M-sized transport. And 0 cargo capacity. 0 deployables. etc. Strictly for personnel transportation.

darklead
x4

Post by darklead » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 13:31

Egosoft, thanks for the great game, it really gets even better with patches and DLC.
I have a couple of thoughts on how to make it even better, maybe someone will agree with me.
1. Camera control. In the previous games of the X series, there was a lot of freedom with the camera of the ship. Many players play with the 3rd person view and there are minor problems when rotating the camera. With a free view [F3], camera is not tied to the ship but to the ecliptic of the sector. And if you turn the ship, the camera always remains in one place. This is not bad, but I would like to be able to view the camera attached to the ship, as it was from X2 to X: Rebirth... as an option.. And I would also like to return the camera that changed position when moving around the sector (when you fly past an outside observer).
2. In the game, lights are blinking on each ship, like on airplanes in the night. This is cool, but I would like to have the option to turn them off. Be a little more hidden... There is such a mod, but it makes saves modified.
3. Return the effects of explosions and other things from X: Rebirth. Or similar to them. Rebirth was a VERY beautiful game. With all these reflections ... effects and overall graphics.
4. You need to do something with the engines. They have 3 effects. The first is very cool - the glow of the jet itself. Not a texture that changes its size from the load but the engine itself. The second effect is a round glow that dazzles. Half of the screen is flooded with light from an engine that hides the overall beauty of the game. The third is that terrible texture that changes size from% of engine use. It would be cool if the engines were more like real ones (as was the case in x3).
5. You can add a button or option to the ship so that it hides all docked ships in the hangar.
6. Redesign the interface. (target monitor and messages) Now they are made at an angle, apparently to simulate the ship's interface. But that does not look suitable.
7. Ability to disable the red prohibitory sign on landing sites (displaying it) and the blue glow of the station docks in the game options. There is such a mod, but it makes saves modified.
8. (unimportant) The ability to change the player’s character model.
These are all just assumptions, sorry if I offended you with any statement. It's just that this series of games is dear to me, and i want it to be even better.
The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 16:10

darklead wrote:
Tue, 14. Apr 20, 13:31
3. Return the effects of explosions and other things from X: Rebirth. Or similar to them. Rebirth was a VERY beautiful game. With all these reflections ... effects and overall graphics.
I strongly agree with this, #3.
Not sure about the others. :)
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Parsec29
x4

Post by Parsec29 » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 19:34

tomchk wrote:
Tue, 14. Apr 20, 16:10
darklead wrote:
Tue, 14. Apr 20, 13:31
I strongly agree with this, #3.
Not sure about the others. :)
You can have these XR effects back.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2055992841

Fire and Smoke Mod
It awesome!!

Sadly your save is then tagged as modified!

Hope Egosoft can allowed this sometime. (Please)

Beb07

Post by Beb07 » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 17:20

Have only been back playing X4 for a short time, but l would like to see:

1. More upgrade options - namely engines - there are only nine in total - for over (not sure) but a large number of ships- or just different part upgrades on the engines - new manifolds - new afterburners - a number of different fusion reactors for the engines- you get my drift - would love to see this also in the thrusters and if l am building my own ship - although must be standard turret positioning - maybe customisable turret locations - there are hull factories dotted all over the xverse- different hull plating - maybe-

2. Would very much add to the immersion - if you could have planet based missions- living like a thief - then missions to steal plans or blueprints- a military life - then missions to stop the previous thief - put down resistance -

But- the game is absolutely absorbing - and very immersive now -

just commenced watching StarTrek Enterprise - acting is so so.. but maybe one day we will be out in the xverse...

SRY to the mod - will do...
Last edited by Beb07 on Sat, 18. Apr 20, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 18:02

There's no need to use this sticky thread to post ideas. Start your own threads in the forum please. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”