Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

adeine
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by adeine » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:05

Another thing that's missing for fleets and management thereof:

- Mass rename objects: Let us select a number of objects in the property owned list and 'batch rename' them (e.g. prepending text, or giving them all the same name which will be autonumbered). This is important to properly sort the list into categories, and while it's okay to do it manually for smaller numbers, this can be a major pain when you have a lot of objects to go through.

- Allow us to filter the property owned tab by object type and/or selectively hide certain types of entries. Deployables such as laser towers should allow you to hide them, whereas nav beacons, resource probes, etc. should allow you to show them if needed.

Having to manually rename all these so they don't clog up the list is no fun.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:54

adeine wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:05
Another thing that's missing for fleets and management thereof:

- Mass rename objects: Let us select a number of objects in the property owned list and 'batch rename' them (e.g. prepending text, or giving them all the same name which will be autonumbered). This is important to properly sort the list into categories, and while it's okay to do it manually for smaller numbers, this can be a major pain when you have a lot of objects to go through.

- Allow us to filter the property owned tab by object type and/or selectively hide certain types of entries. Deployables such as laser towers should allow you to hide them, whereas nav beacons, resource probes, etc. should allow you to show them if needed.

Having to manually rename all these so they don't clog up the list is no fun.

+1 +1 +1
Yeah, as i'm getting closer to making my own Fleet this is a must, it's getting tiring to just capture abandoned ships and renaming them.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 12:42

ei8htx wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:01
Remoradfc wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:25
- Allow setting a dress code for your employees. Especially with the implementation of sector ownership and creation of your own faction coming. My employees should look the part.
That would be awesome. Color and logo on the uniform would be a bonus too.
Just add it like the ship logos, maybe in a later update/mod

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 16:42

shealladh wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 12:42
ei8htx wrote:
Remoradfc wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:25
- Allow setting a dress code for your employees. Especially with the implementation of sector ownership and creation of your own faction coming. My employees should look the part.
It would be greate to have ability to also select which type uniform for which NPC (e.g. Pilot, Captain, Engineer, Marine) - but I probably ask for too much.

Blitz4
x4

Post by Blitz4 » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 04:59

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 16:42
shealladh wrote:
ei8htx wrote:

It would be greate to have ability to also select which type uniform for which NPC (e.g. Pilot, Captain, Engineer, Marine) - but I probably ask for too much.
I don't even know what to say. Reminds me of the genius words from
Homer Simpson: "Oooh! A piece of candy."

It also, in a small way, reminds me of the futuristic feature invented by Devolver Digital called
Comment Created Content that was showcased in their E3 "Big Fancy Press Conference 2017" on youtube. Brilliant!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 05:36

mr.WHO wrote:
I want my captains in proper uniforms. Not a T shirt or hoodie!

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 07:12

I would like to see an option to sign a peace treaty with NPC factions or declare war on a faction. And I really don't like the fact that when you go below certain rep with a faction that you can't recover from that.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 08:57

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 05:36
mr.WHO wrote:
I want my captains in proper uniforms. Not a T shirt or hoodie!
Or everyone with a T shirt or hoodie.
It's somehow harder (or time consuming) than it seems, because you need to create the same textures on Argon, Teladi and Paranid (and Split and Boron, in the future).

CaptainX4

Post by CaptainX4 » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 16:56

still no classic fps mouse control?

DJC
x4

Post by DJC » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 23:34

CaptainX4 wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 16:56
still no classic fps mouse control?
Nope :x I keep checking in hopes that they will at least say something about it.
But still nothing, very disappointing :( :(
Attention: All of your ships are under attack

vrod
x4

requested features

Post by vrod » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 08:21

1. Allow turn off of highways (without affecting mod status). Increasing travel speed a wee bit for this would be a bonus.
2. Change priority of modules being built on a station. Really handy when you have 50+ modules and you just want to have the docks built first (then storage, then production...etc.)

Billynomates
x4

Post by Billynomates » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 20:06

mr.WHO wrote:
shealladh wrote:
ei8htx wrote:

I already asked for this in the first week it went live, but live in hope like you hehe.

blin25

Post by blin25 » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 20:32

mr.WHO wrote:
shealladh wrote:
ei8htx wrote:

If you go further, then it is probably worth introducing medals and orders for captains and marines. For 100 shot down xenon .. for 10 taken ships, etc. :P

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 11:21

blin25 wrote:
Fri, 22. Feb 19, 20:32
mr.WHO wrote:
shealladh wrote:

If you go further, then it is probably worth introducing medals and orders for captains and marines. For 100 shot down xenon .. for 10 taken ships, etc. :P
And steam Badges / forum medals to compliment them :mrgreen:

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 19:37

Should we expect large number of bugs with the new expansion in the end of 2019? Or from the sounds of it, there won't be any new game mechanics that require additional scripting but only new ships, new sectors, new missions and new race? From what I understand it will be just extra sectors to explore, missions will be similar to what already in game, just nested to new stations, by using similar mechanics that are already in game, maybe new trade guild based on similar mechanics as well, and possibly couple war threat missions, sectors will be similar to what is already in game, just different names and graphics, race will be similar to the humanoids with just bigger squared heads?
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Antonio3333
x4

Post by Antonio3333 » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 18:26

Hi. All my life I play games in the x series. Thank you. I have a question whether there will be new sectors and races? I couldn't find any information about it on your website. Thank you!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 18:44

CBJ, in the opening post of this thread, wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 01:18
First Expansion will introduce Split race

While all of the above (free) updates may also contain new assets, we will bundle a lot of new ships, station modules, missions and new sectors into the first big expansion. Our rough timeline is to have an expansion based on introducing the Split race, their ships, a new Split economy and of course a large new area of space shortly after releasing 3.00.

terkans

Post by terkans » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 19:39

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 11:54
mtoomb wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 03:31
Any news on MacOS support? Pleeeease? My go to gaming laptop is a brick I can’t afford to replace or repair thanks to my wife buying a brand new iMac. So I’ll wait... patiently... ;)
I'm afraid there are no plans for MacOS support, for the simple reason that MacOS does not support Vulkan.
I don't know if it's good enough to support X4, but I easily found a reference to MoltenVK which is a Vulkan implementation for MacOS:
https://moltengl.com/moltenvk/

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 07:34

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 26. Feb 19, 18:44

While all of the above (free) updates may also contain new assets, we will bundle a lot of new ships, station modules, missions and new sectors into the first big expansion. Our rough timeline is to have an expansion based on introducing the Split race, their ships, a new Split economy and of course a large new area of space shortly after releasing 3.00.
:mrgreen:

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 09:09

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 26. Feb 19, 18:44

Sorry to bother with a quote, but is there any approx. eta on 3.0 / dlc release?
I ask for a friend. :lol:
And I wonder if he's going to build his own shipyard before 3.0: he's pretty slow.

Return to “X4: Foundations”