Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shealladh
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by shealladh » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 10:02

Admiral A-F wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 15:44
I am a "old" user of the series all the way back to x beyond the frontier. These request is not linked together .

1. I would like a game start with 100 Credits missions that do not give more than 3.000 credits for a mission.
When you get Rank 10 with on race then the missions should change from 3.000 to 50.000 credits
with rank 20 from 50.000 to 500.000 and last rank 30 Station building and full quests.
It would also be nice to have different quest on each rank level.
I am also a Veteran ( :goner: ) as well

Starting out with a challenge sounds like my sort of deal.
Give me the worst, just flyable, type of ship you can.
Modify the missions available to reflect the rank with each sector based upon Faction Ranking. 8) idea
2. achievement for not using SETA until 1 billion Credits and another if you use make an action each hour until 1 billion credits (so you do not let the PC play the game til you get the credits, so you do not have to do anything).
Maybe make one of the components you need to be a quest in which you need to search for the lost lock box that's it in. Only one left :twisted:
3. The game is to easy right now for earning credits, I would like it as the old days where you really had to fight for it.
Instead of just credits, you should be able to have something else given along side lowering the amount of cheds.
Pity you cannot find Weapons and Ship Components like games of old. Loved being ale to collect them for "when" I got enough for a ship that could use them.
Have added an idea of a garage to be added, so you can bring back this sort of thing, and you can tune you ship and swap out parts.

Would also like to see weapon, shield, etc. wear and tare added to be required to spend those creds on something rather than having some megabillion number account :?
4. More longer missions for special things, like in X3 to get the shipyard quest with reverse engineering you needed to get so much stuff and many quest for the station. I NEED THAT BACK! Please. Something to work for and hunt for. Not this easy stuff.
Some special unlock items, special ship paint job for helping out the SCA, HOP, etc. Maybe a Special OPs paint job for completing a Argon mission with recon for Xenon, and so on.

Quests should, well most of the time, reflect your actions in a sector, vs. a faction, to be more noticeable, alongside being long or multiple part missions need to be expanded upon. Hopefully they hire that "Mission" person soon to do just that.
This is my short list I have a youtube Let's play where I go thought all the game from start to end. ( not finnish of cause but over 120 uploads with 1-2 hours each so far :D ) It can bew borring to wach but it is the hole game not only small things.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Q8hzY_W1Ls
Someone needs to do a boring video of a tour around each sector as if you're an overworked, bored tour bus driver. "Now on your right is just another rock, to your right, ouch that civilian should have just smoked his own produce, damn look at that, we're at the local Equipment Dock, who needs a loo stop?"

Boring can be good :wink:

Blitz4
x4

Post by Blitz4 » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 04:40

El Novato wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 18:11
Blitz4 wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 21:13
Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 02:49
They may not make promises, because they don't know if they will be able to deliver a fix within a given time frame, but I am pretty sure they are all coming to work each day, they are taking notes on what changes, fixes or features people want, making decisions as to whether they feel they are good ideas, and are not sitting on their bums all day long. Hostility in the forums only tends to drive them away, rather than make them want to engage the community.
Hello, nice to meet you Falcrack. I'm new to this thread and have to say, this is the best roadmap for X4 that I've ever seen.

I would like to engage in intelligent non-offensive constructive discourse, not just with you, but with all, which will reflect the views of all parties and on-lookers for eternity.. I can imagine, that type of discourse, is more difficult than making a game in Proton. Especailly when considering the learning curve of overcoming a new cultural barrier.

I understand X4 is their baby. But a baby can not grow without proper critism or correction. You speak of them them taking notes on what changes the community is complaining about. How do you know this for fact? The majority of complaints that I've come across on Steam aren't concerning a lack of features or new ideas, it's in regards towards existing functionality which is malfunctioning.
About your concerns on the dedication of egosoft in relation to taking notes on what changes the community is complaining about, you can do a survey across this forum and see that moderators and developers are answering to them. They hired or are hiring a person expert on MD, they had or have another two jobs posted, one for design, another for coding if i remember well, they are giving explanation in a constructive way to many of the doubts and about the lack of features, that´s is always something subjective. "Never is going to rain to the taste of everyone", in a direct translation from a spanish saying.

In my opinion they are involved to some degree with what the community say about the game. The final result will not be satisfactory for all, but i speculate it´s gonna be for most.
Could you point me to where developers have stated there are issues with the AI, why collision damage has been disabled, when it will be re-enabled, when AI commands will be fixed, when AI will use travel drive, when fleets will stay in formation, where they are planning on fixing pathfinding or any mention of fixing anything related to what we consider 'broken AI'. I would also be interested in what version these broken features are planned on being fixed, please point me towards any public statements from the devs regarding that as well.

The AI is my main concern. The way I play X4 will change when AI commands are fixed (ie: assigning your ships to auto-Explore). But I'm also interested in 3 other things to be fixed: Economy, Warfare and Turrets. Please point me in the direction of the devs admitting that any of these 4 broken aspects of the game are 'broken', 'will be fixed' and 'when they will be fixed'. If you would, it'd make me sooo much happier.

I don't know what MD stands for. tbh, their new hires don't concern me, unless the existing devs or Egosoft has publically stated that these new hires will fix the 4 broken aspects of the game that I had mentioned and when they will be fixed. If that is public info, please point me towards it.

Their "giving explanation in a constructive way to many of the doubts and about the lack of features" isn't my concern. I know the game lacks features, any fan of X3 knows that X4 lacks features, my concern is the broken existing features and their plan on adding new features before fixing the existing broken features.

A roadmap that includes menton of a DLC and new features without any mention of fixing the major issues in the game .. it feels wrong.
This is a hard post for me to make becuase, I love the X series. I'm simply confused with the direction of this roadmap.

mopz
x4

Post by mopz » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 08:06

I couldn't agree more. Even on xbtf there was collision damage... Using a carrier with s/m subordinates to attack a station is a tragedy. It feels more than broken...

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 12:04

Blitz4 wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 04:40
The AI is my main concern. The way I play X4 will change when AI commands are fixed (ie: assigning your ships to auto-Explore). But I'm also interested in 3 other things to be fixed: Economy, Warfare and Turrets. Please point me in the direction of the devs admitting that any of these 4 broken aspects of the game are 'broken', 'will be fixed' and 'when they will be fixed'. If you would, it'd make me sooo much happier.
AI is still an issue, although there have been several more improvements to pathfinding, Xenon_Slayer said it will be worth retesting in 2.0 beta 2. I do not know if this entails AI improvements as well or just strictly pathfinding. I am sure we'll get options for collision damage once pathfinding works properly, large ships enter gates from the back for a reason.

Warfare and turrets is being worked on throughout the 2.0 beta, turrets are much, much better in beta 1 already apart from the same poor range. Faction wars work too but needs more attention, will check it out again once beta 2 lands.

Cannot speak for economy, I never had problems with it so I cannot say if anything changed.

I hope this bit of information made you at least somewhat happier for the time being, there's still work to be done but they're getting there, concerns are being addressed.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

Mindstrip
xr

Post by Mindstrip » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 12:31

EmperorDragon wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 12:04
[...] concerns are being addressed.
Link to devs' statement plz, or do you mean that this is self evident due to the various patches?

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 14:28

Mindstrip wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 12:31
EmperorDragon wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 12:04
[...] concerns are being addressed.
Link to devs' statement plz, or do you mean that this is self evident due to the various patches?
For me it's self-evident (playing the 2.0 beta) but, there's a lot of discussion and responses on the beta forum section. The 2.0 beta sticky at the top also specifically mention:
CBJ wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 11:23
With today's first Public Beta for X4 2.0, we are including a number of game balancing changes including:

• Weapon balancing, in particular for capital ship turrets.
• Economy balancing, in particular the profit generated by stations.

While this is not a version that everybody should play with their main savegame (always backup your savegames when trying an X4 beta!), we welcome anyone who is interested to try this version out and give us feedback on the effect it has on their universe, their own economy, and on battle balancing.

Information on how to access the X4 Public Beta, along with details of what it includes, can be found at the top of the X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback forum as usual.
Probably not exactly what you're looking for but, you can have a look at the beta forum as well. The weapon balancing bit is a very welcome one.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

ei8htx
x4

Post by ei8htx » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 18:41

Just blatant conjecture on the return of the Boron:

We'll see the return of a single Split faction. Recall the Split are split (hehe) into different families. Later on, we'll see another release with the Borons, along with another Split family who've been in a full on war (Borons and Split have always been enemies).

But the Split may war among themselves too when the next family returns, shifting what I would suspect to be a war the Boron were losing.

With the Argon always backing the Boron, we'll see a lot more war.

At least I hope it's this way. I don't like that all the factions today are ganging up on the lonely HOP. I suspect Egosoft will throw a lot more politics in the next year, and force us to pick a side among many warring factions in civil and global war. Who knows? Maybe the GOP will take a side against the Boron and the Argon will swap allies and back the HOP instead.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 19:42

ei8htx wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 18:41

We'll see the return of a single Split faction. Recall the Split are split (hehe) into different families. Later on, we'll see another release with the Borons, along with another Split family who've been in a full on war (Borons and Split have always been enemies).

But the Split may war among themselves too when the next family returns, shifting what I would suspect to be a war the Boron were losing.

I hope these both come sooner rather than later
At least I hope it's this way. I don't like that all the factions today are ganging up on the lonely HOP. I suspect Egosoft will throw a lot more politics in the next year, and force us to pick a side among many warring factions in civil and global war. Who knows? Maybe the GOP will take a side against the Boron and the Argon will swap allies and back the HOP instead.
Poor 'ol HOP, in my current game, I'm sticking up for them and side where the AI allows me to

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 08:57

shealladh wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 19:42
ei8htx wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 18:41

I hope these both come sooner rather than later
Poor 'ol HOP, in my current game, I'm sticking up for them and side where the AI allows me to
Yet again, I provided them wares to build 13 destroyers and my two Chthonios.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 14:03

I'd like to request a feature for Resupply Ships:

Crew members are quite valuable in this game (and in Rebirth); everything else just costs money, but crew members have to be trained. I'd like to see Crew Members jump into escape pods when their ships explode, and if there's a resupply ship (or passenger transport) nearby, the escape pods should make an attempt to dock at it. The Resupply Ship should accumulate crew members, increasing their survival rates, so that we can salvage some of the 5 stars that are so hard to train.

Remoradfc
x4

Post by Remoradfc » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:25

A couple minor suggestions

- Allow sitting in other seats on ships, when letting your pilot take you places. Standing all the time gets tiresome.
* As an additional bonus, allow this extra seat to operate turrets.
- Allow replacing of pilots, without firing the replaced pilot. Sometimes I simply wish to swap pilots between ships.
* As a bonus, perhaps allow un-employed pilots and crew you have hired, to loiter around your stations. So you can still use them.
- Allow viewing ALL Stats on NPC's on stations. Not simply their 2 best.
- Allow setting a dress code for your employees. Especially with the implementation of sector ownership and creation of your own faction coming. My employees should look the part.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:50

Remoradfc wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:25
- Allow setting a dress code for your employees. Especially with the implementation of sector ownership and creation of your own faction coming. My employees should look the part.
Man I wish there would be some kind of company uniforms. I went to my carrier and entire crew with captain looks like bunch of hobo's.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:55

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:50
Remoradfc wrote:
Man I wish there would be some kind of company uniforms. I went to my carrier and entire crew with captain looks like bunch of hobo's.
Yeah, this could be awesome!!!
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:59

Blitz4 wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 04:40
El Novato wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 18:11
Blitz4 wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 21:13

Hello, nice to meet you Falcrack. I'm new to this thread and have to say, this is the best roadmap for X4 that I've ever seen.

I would like to engage in intelligent non-offensive constructive discourse, not just with you, but with all, which will reflect the views of all parties and on-lookers for eternity.. I can imagine, that type of discourse, is more difficult than making a game in Proton. Especailly when considering the learning curve of overcoming a new cultural barrier.

I understand X4 is their baby. But a baby can not grow without proper critism or correction. You speak of them them taking notes on what changes the community is complaining about. How do you know this for fact? The majority of complaints that I've come across on Steam aren't concerning a lack of features or new ideas, it's in regards towards existing functionality which is malfunctioning.
About your concerns on the dedication of egosoft in relation to taking notes on what changes the community is complaining about, you can do a survey across this forum and see that moderators and developers are answering to them. They hired or are hiring a person expert on MD, they had or have another two jobs posted, one for design, another for coding if i remember well, they are giving explanation in a constructive way to many of the doubts and about the lack of features, that´s is always something subjective. "Never is going to rain to the taste of everyone", in a direct translation from a spanish saying.

In my opinion they are involved to some degree with what the community say about the game. The final result will not be satisfactory for all, but i speculate it´s gonna be for most.
Could you point me to where developers have stated there are issues with the AI, why collision damage has been disabled, when it will be re-enabled, when AI commands will be fixed, when AI will use travel drive, when fleets will stay in formation, where they are planning on fixing pathfinding or any mention of fixing anything related to what we consider 'broken AI'. I would also be interested in what version these broken features are planned on being fixed, please point me towards any public statements from the devs regarding that as well.

I don't know what MD stands for. tbh, their new hires don't concern me, unless the existing devs or Egosoft has publically stated that these new hires will fix the 4 broken aspects of the game that I had mentioned and when they will be fixed. If that is public info, please point me towards it.

Their "giving explanation in a constructive way to many of the doubts and about the lack of features" isn't my concern. I know the game lacks features, any fan of X3 knows that X4 lacks features, my concern is the broken existing features and their plan on adding new features before fixing the existing broken features.

A roadmap that includes menton of a DLC and new features without any mention of fixing the major issues in the game .. it feels wrong.
This is a hard post for me to make becuase, I love the X series. I'm simply confused with the direction of this roadmap.

Think we get the point, :o
I doubt the above patches are going to be the only ones they are making, likely there will be 2.10, 2.20 etc. before the big 2.50/3.0 patches come out.

Concern I share with you is the Ai.. They never fully fixed the Ai in Rebirth, i'm hoping they have a general idea what is wrong this time and that they can at least get it semi-functional; but I share your concern that they'll sweep this under the rug again like they did with X:Rebirth, don't mention the war!

2.0 has been trying to rebalance the turrets, slightly better, but still needs work; I feel this is a relatively easy problem to solve for them amongst all the other problems, i'm hopeful over this being resolved.
2.0 also looks to be addressing expansion between the Xenon and the Commonwealth/other Factions but at the moment it's somewhat of a cluster****, the Plot spamming in particular is of concern, but they've said the next build will address this, so we'll see.

They've just GOT to fix the warfare mechanics, without Warfare? There is no Economy, both are connected.
So i'm sure 2.0 is working on both these as well and i'd guess they will still be trying to fix this if 2.0 doesn't.. But again it's wait and see.

Most the DLC is covered by the Artists, making the Objects in 3ds Max, making textures in Photoshop and rendering them to the objects with very little in the terms of coding and development resources needed as there is tools for that more simple aspect. Really doubt they would reallocate resources away from the Bugfixes and other features. So I wouldn't be worried about that.
mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:50
Remoradfc wrote:
With a Casual Fridays Mechanic. :D
Last edited by spankahontis on Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

ei8htx
x4

Post by ei8htx » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:01

Remoradfc wrote:
That would be awesome. Color and logo on the uniform would be a bonus too.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:05

Another thing that's missing for fleets and management thereof:

- Mass rename objects: Let us select a number of objects in the property owned list and 'batch rename' them (e.g. prepending text, or giving them all the same name which will be autonumbered). This is important to properly sort the list into categories, and while it's okay to do it manually for smaller numbers, this can be a major pain when you have a lot of objects to go through.

- Allow us to filter the property owned tab by object type and/or selectively hide certain types of entries. Deployables such as laser towers should allow you to hide them, whereas nav beacons, resource probes, etc. should allow you to show them if needed.

Having to manually rename all these so they don't clog up the list is no fun.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:54

adeine wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:05
Another thing that's missing for fleets and management thereof:

- Mass rename objects: Let us select a number of objects in the property owned list and 'batch rename' them (e.g. prepending text, or giving them all the same name which will be autonumbered). This is important to properly sort the list into categories, and while it's okay to do it manually for smaller numbers, this can be a major pain when you have a lot of objects to go through.

- Allow us to filter the property owned tab by object type and/or selectively hide certain types of entries. Deployables such as laser towers should allow you to hide them, whereas nav beacons, resource probes, etc. should allow you to show them if needed.

Having to manually rename all these so they don't clog up the list is no fun.

+1 +1 +1
Yeah, as i'm getting closer to making my own Fleet this is a must, it's getting tiring to just capture abandoned ships and renaming them.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 12:42

ei8htx wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:01
Remoradfc wrote:
Just add it like the ship logos, maybe in a later update/mod

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 16:42

shealladh wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 12:42
ei8htx wrote:
Remoradfc wrote:
It would be greate to have ability to also select which type uniform for which NPC (e.g. Pilot, Captain, Engineer, Marine) - but I probably ask for too much.

Blitz4
x4

Post by Blitz4 » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 04:59

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 16:42
shealladh wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 12:42
ei8htx wrote:

It would be greate to have ability to also select which type uniform for which NPC (e.g. Pilot, Captain, Engineer, Marine) - but I probably ask for too much.
I don't even know what to say. Reminds me of the genius words from
Homer Simpson: "Oooh! A piece of candy."

It also, in a small way, reminds me of the futuristic feature invented by Devolver Digital called
Comment Created Content that was showcased in their E3 "Big Fancy Press Conference 2017" on youtube. Brilliant!

Return to “X4: Foundations”