Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Antonio3333
x4

Re: Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Post by Antonio3333 » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 18:26

Hi. All my life I play games in the x series. Thank you. I have a question whether there will be new sectors and races? I couldn't find any information about it on your website. Thank you!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 18:44

CBJ, in the opening post of this thread, wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 01:18
First Expansion will introduce Split race

While all of the above (free) updates may also contain new assets, we will bundle a lot of new ships, station modules, missions and new sectors into the first big expansion. Our rough timeline is to have an expansion based on introducing the Split race, their ships, a new Split economy and of course a large new area of space shortly after releasing 3.00.

terkans

Post by terkans » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 19:39

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 11:54
mtoomb wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 03:31
Any news on MacOS support? Pleeeease? My go to gaming laptop is a brick I can’t afford to replace or repair thanks to my wife buying a brand new iMac. So I’ll wait... patiently... ;)
I'm afraid there are no plans for MacOS support, for the simple reason that MacOS does not support Vulkan.
I don't know if it's good enough to support X4, but I easily found a reference to MoltenVK which is a Vulkan implementation for MacOS:
https://moltengl.com/moltenvk/

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 07:34

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 26. Feb 19, 18:44

While all of the above (free) updates may also contain new assets, we will bundle a lot of new ships, station modules, missions and new sectors into the first big expansion. Our rough timeline is to have an expansion based on introducing the Split race, their ships, a new Split economy and of course a large new area of space shortly after releasing 3.00.
:mrgreen:

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 09:09

CBJ wrote:

Sorry to bother with a quote, but is there any approx. eta on 3.0 / dlc release?
I ask for a friend. :lol:
And I wonder if he's going to build his own shipyard before 3.0: he's pretty slow.

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 09:55

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 19, 09:09
CBJ wrote:

Sorry to bother with a quote, but is there any approx. eta on 3.0 / dlc release?
And I wonder if he's going to build his own shipyard before 3.0: he's pretty slow.
My friend would also like to know :)

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 10:00

theborg921 wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 19, 09:55
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
CBJ wrote:
Maybe they're Split on the release date :lol:

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 10:44

shealladh wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 19, 10:00
theborg921 wrote:
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:

It's possible, but reading the forum, I see people feeling a little Boron sometimes...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 11:02

We're not going to give dates for future updates, as they depend on a number of factors including progress on the updates that come before them.
terkans wrote:
Tue, 26. Feb 19, 19:39
I don't know if it's good enough to support X4, but I easily found a reference to MoltenVK which is a Vulkan implementation for MacOS:
Sorry, but regardless of this, we still have no plans for a MacOS version of X4.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 11:23

About the DLC release date - the only solid date Egosoft revealed is that the first DLC will be released in 2019.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 05:17

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 19, 10:44
shealladh wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 19, 10:00
theborg921 wrote:

It's possible, but reading the forum, I see people feeling a little Boron sometimes...
:lol:

terkans

Post by terkans » Mon, 4. Mar 19, 17:12

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 19, 11:02
We're not going to give dates for future updates, as they depend on a number of factors including progress on the updates that come before them.
terkans wrote:
Tue, 26. Feb 19, 19:39
Sorry, but regardless of this, we still have no plans for a MacOS version of X4.
Thanks, it's good to know that at least. A clear negative answer is better than no answer in my book.

It's not a problem for me for some time yet, since I still have years of catching up to do on earlier entries in the series starting with Reunion.
And since everything from Reunion to Rebirth does have a Mac version (much appreciated here), I'll be happy with those for a long time yet.

Morleond
x4

Post by Morleond » Thu, 7. Mar 19, 21:31

Is there any estimation on the release of 2.5?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 10:17

CBJ, just a few posts back, wrote:

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 10:24

Morleond wrote:
Thu, 7. Mar 19, 21:31
Is there any estimation on the release of 2.5?
Based on current development speed and that the 2.20 beta is already in testing - I'd guess 2.5 should come in April (at least as a beta). 3.0 would be around May or June.

However as CBJ mentioned there could always be something unexpected that will cause delay.
Yet from my taste the X4 patches come much more smooth and frequent than X-Rebirth patches.

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 12:55

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 10:17
CBJ, just a few posts back, wrote:
Ah CBJ, I expected somethinl like soon after 2.40 relese :lol: Kep the good work and don not forget to insert some toples split females in the game :)

kyrah
x4

Post by kyrah » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 15:27

I think there were no changes to crew training in 2.0 as postet on first page. Will they come in 2.5? Still changes planed?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:33

There were some changes to crew training in 2.00. There were some adjustments to the balancing of crew skill progression, and we also added display of partial skill stars to one third of a star accuracy, so that you could see that progression more clearly. There may well be more crew training changes in future updates, but I'm afraid I don't have details of if and when these will be released.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 20:16

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:33
There were some changes to crew training in 2.00. There were some adjustments to the balancing of crew skill progression, and we also added display of partial skill stars to one third of a star accuracy, so that you could see that progression more clearly. There may well be more crew training changes in future updates, but I'm afraid I don't have details of if and when these will be released.
I' aprecieate if you would push "mass crew/marines transfer" as high priority - the need to move each and every single NPC crew one by one is nightmare ever since X-Rebirth. I was stunned to see this haven't been adressed in X4 and even made worse (in XR at least marines were moving in bulk with marine officer).

Morleond
x4

Post by Morleond » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 06:21

Hey Egosoft I think I can speak for most of us when I say that so far you have done a great job on the game and we love the game.
I know I speak for all of us when I say that transferring crew and Marines is impossibly tedious. Can we expect a change to the method of transferring crew in a upcoming update? Can it please be in the next one? Simple sliders like on the boarding screen being added to the transfer wares window would be perfect.

Return to “X4: Foundations”