Laser Tower Mk2 deployment (bug?) - Fix coming in 2.00

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ruggaball

Laser Tower Mk2 deployment (bug?) - Fix coming in 2.00

Post by Ruggaball » Mon, 4. Feb 19, 16:34

I have found a problem in the game when trying to deploy Laser Tower Mk2 from a Shuyaku Vanguard, a large transport being required to carry Laser Tower Mk2.
The problem is that when deploying the LT2, rather than deploying, the laser tower is 'sticking' to the hull of the deploying ship and is then carried along with the deploying ship.
I have found this problem both as pilot of the deploying ship and as a remote command to the deploying ship.
In one instance, I remotely commanded 4 x LT2's to be deployed and all 4 laser towers ended up 'stuck on' to the hull of the deploying ship.
I have even tried trying to separate the laser towers from the deploying ship by 'nudging' them with a smaller ship but they still will not move.
The only way I have found to dislodge the LT2's is either a series of violent manuevours or going through a jump gate, neither of which is any use as the laser tower ends up nowhere near where you intended.

MurryChang
x4

Re: Laser Tower Mk2 deployment (bug?)

Post by MurryChang » Mon, 4. Feb 19, 16:44

Yep that happens with all laser towers. Or it was happening anyhow, now when I deploy them they just randomly go somewhere in the system, not where I actually drop them.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 21:52

For me they just pick a random position within a 100km someplace and appear there on deploy.
Couldn't actually use them yet.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 14:36

Happens with the Behemoth also. If you watch it, it comes out of the front deck of the ship and then gets stuck, resulting in it being pushed around until the ship turns or something, at which time it "falls off". They should make it so it shoots out a little faster...

dwbennett
x4

Post by dwbennett » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 15:35

With the Xenon's starting to show up in Hatikvah's Choice I on a pretty regular basis from Tharka's Cascade, for grins and giggles I decided to have my Pereus drop several LaserTowers Mk 2 in front of the gate in Hatikvah. Althought the deployable information tab indicated that the lasertowers were deployed, they didn't show up at the deploy locations and from the exterior view (F2), I couldn't see them around the ship. I didn't think to look around the entire sector to see if they zipped over to some remote location.

As I've posted elsewhere in the forums, lasertower deployment is either very difficult or, from the above, doesn't happen anywhere near the chosen location. Which is odd in that satelitte, nav beacons and resource probes deploy just fine.

Take care,
dwbennett

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 09:57

Had the same issue with sticky laser towers recently. I worked around the issue by immediately boost after the stationary drop.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 17:24

One fix in 2.00 beta:

[Beta 2] Fixed laser towers being dragged along by the launching ship in certain situations.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jm7111
x4

Re: Laser Tower Mk2 deployment (bug?) - Fix coming in 2.00

Post by jm7111 » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 16:38

This doesn't seem to work with my v2.50

I had instructed a Gorgon to lay ~25 Laser Tower Mk2s around a station in a specific sector (while the ship was in another remote sector) and it dropped most of them on its way to the ordered sector in a couple of in-between sectors...
This is besides the fact that the ship is constantly dragging the LTs when ordered to lay them in a straight line.

I noticed that when ordered to lay LTs with a zigzag path, then some of the dragging is avoided.
Also noticed that the AI is guiding the ship to follow a zigzag path when laying LTs even on a straight line. This is perhaps the "fixing" mentioned in v2.0...

Return to “X4: Foundations”