X4 Version 2.0 Beta 4 is now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Socratatus
x4

Re: X4 Version 2.0 Beta 1 is now available

Post by Socratatus » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 08:15

I`m waiting it out for a few months. I hate having to play test since it gives away stuff I wanted to discover in a fully working game. I did not pay to play-test a game for months for free. Popped back to see if things are better yet.

No?

Ok, be back later.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 10:56

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 01:11
repatomonor wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 20:45
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 20:32
[*]X3:R v1.0 (I think) introduced the concept of complexes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0BU-sxqtiM :D
Fair comment, I think X3:R introduced the ability to connect mines to complexes then.
  1. X2 - Spagetti Complexes
  2. X3:R - Spagetti and Meatball Complexes
  3. X4 - Truely Modular Complexes
Actually X3 was the first game to have complexes, that video is for the X2 Expansion, that was never released, its features were added to X3: Reunion instead

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 13:42

Spaghetti complexes were a mess in my opinion. I didn't like them.
Rebirth station building was a huge improvement and now, X4 modular building mode is exceptional. Unlimited options while building stations, I don't know if we can have anything better (other than polish and optimization, offcourse).
Well, actually the only (just fluff) improvement is a simple internal custom office.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 14:15

Once again, please stick to discussion of the 2.0 update in this thread, rather than delving into the history of the X series games.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 17:15

grapedog wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 01:18

Not to minimize the efforts of really going after that pirate life... but would pirates actually own their own shipbuilding facilities? Seems anti-piratical to me, personally.

As a sneaky bastard and a thief, I've stolen almost all of the blueprints I have... and I'd love to be able to steal these too.... but I wish there was some sort of quest involved if you wanted to end up stealing them. Like perhaps having to find/scan/create leaks at factions various Wharfs, then their shipyards.... so you'd have to locate, scan, and steal data from both the Argon and Ant faction wharfs to get just those plans, and they come with a small permanent rep hit, as opposed to the temporary rep hits you get. Say a -10 or so... hurtful, but not something that you can't overcome in time. Once you get the plans, you have to track down and find maybe an SCA or HFL person, who can help you piece together the pieces you've stolen, and offer to sell you the bits you're missing for a modest price, for their trouble of course. To track them down and find them, there is no quest marker, but you've been told they like to hang out in the bars of some of the Argon "insert random station here". So you visit those stations, talking to the NPC's to see if they are the right person.
If you have Stations with illegal Blueprints that you've stolen, you will need the muscle to protect those stations from the law when they start expanding into Pirate Friendly territory.
I'd say absolutely.. X3 had Sectors with Pirate Shipyards, so you'll have some pretty ambitious Pirate Warlords trying to gain control and expand.. The Yaki had a Shipyard and I believe LooManckStrat's Legacy had a Pirate Shipyard as well. They would want to make sure they could maintain their Freedom from Civilised Factions by building as many Galley Ships as they could.
Also liked how pirates are represented in Stellaris, they own a few sectors and basically are overpopulated stations and Pirate Clans fighting amongst each other but will raid their neighbours for supplies, slaves etc. Later game a Khan rises up, unites the Pirate Clans and forms an Empire, each new Khan has a policy of either trade, closed borders or aggressive expansion, so they become a real threat later if you don't deal with them.

I'd like to see Procedurally Generated Pirate Clan Factions that start off small but can grow to be a real threat to trade routes. They can be eliminated by other Pirate Clans and new ones can rise up.
Unpredictable and fun mechanic.
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 13:42
Spaghetti complexes were a mess in my opinion. I didn't like them.
Rebirth station building was a huge improvement and now, X4 modular building mode is exceptional. Unlimited options while building stations, I don't know if we can have anything better (other than polish and optimization, offcourse).
Well, actually the only (just fluff) improvement is a simple internal custom office.
Only problem I've found with the Station building mechanics in X4 is expanding your Large Complexes get a bit hard to move modules around. I have a Super-Factory that builds everything you need to make a ship in preparation of buying my first Shipyard Blueprint. Having to build a second floor to add additions and they kept clipping to the wrong module and moving modules about (Up and Down, Left-Right) is awkward/confusing, having to constantly rotate to try and find the sweet spot.
Still, I totally agree it's the best Station Building Tool Egosoft have made yet.. Sure all it needs is polish.
Last edited by spankahontis on Wed, 13. Feb 19, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 17:27

spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 17:15

I'd like to see Procedurally Generated Pirate Clan Factions that start off small but can grow to be a real threat to trade routes. They can be eliminated by other Pirate Clans and new ones can rise up.
That would be awesome; I suppose you just need to give HAT shipbuilding facilities and enable them as a "proper faction". It's only one faction, but that might work the way you intended.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 17:37

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 17:27
spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 17:15

That would be awesome; I suppose you just need to give HAT shipbuilding facilities and enable them as a "proper faction". It's only one faction, but that might work the way you intended.
I fell in love with the Pirate Factions in Stellaris, I think over-populated Sectors full of different Pirate Clans all fighting one another for superiority and using raids into friendly space to resource mine their Clan into a superior Faction would make for a really interesting Pirate Playthrough.
Yeah, they should have the ability to build shipyards if they grow to be a threat.

It's also true to life, the Police bust a criminal syndicate, new ones come to take their place.. Should be the same here.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

SwizzleStick86
x4

Post by SwizzleStick86 » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 21:08

Howdy, I have a question for those of you playing the 2.0 beta:

I understand the capital turrets have been re-worked, and it appears to be done by having 2 instances of each turret (1 for stations, 1 for capitals). My question is when the patch is applied, do all of your capital ships automatically update with the new turrets? Or do you need to send ships to the equipment dock to install the proper turrerts?

Additionally, If a weapon module is applied (in game weapon upgrade mod, not downloaded user made mod), will the turret update to the new properties and the mod buff applied to the new turret properties? Or does it get all buggy and have to uninstall/reinstall weapon mod?

Thanks guys, just curious so I don't have to send my entire modded fleet back to the shop..lol.
"It can only be attributable to human error."
-HAL 9000

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 23:44

SwizzleStick86 wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 21:08
Howdy, I have a question for those of you playing the 2.0 beta:

I understand the capital turrets have been re-worked, and it appears to be done by having 2 instances of each turret (1 for stations, 1 for capitals). My question is when the patch is applied, do all of your capital ships automatically update with the new turrets? Or do you need to send ships to the equipment dock to install the proper turrerts?

Additionally, If a weapon module is applied (in game weapon upgrade mod, not downloaded user made mod), will the turret update to the new properties and the mod buff applied to the new turret properties? Or does it get all buggy and have to uninstall/reinstall weapon mod?

Thanks guys, just curious so I don't have to send my entire modded fleet back to the shop..lol.
They didn’t add new turrets. They just adjusted the old ones. So all your turrets (and everyone’s turrets actually) will work according to the patched values.

SwizzleStick86
x4

Post by SwizzleStick86 » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 00:34

Oh ok, awesome thx.

And turrets that have weapon mods (like the corvets) should function correctly with the correct buff and changed turret stats?
"It can only be attributable to human error."
-HAL 9000

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 07:17

SwizzleStick86 wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 00:34
Oh ok, awesome thx.

And turrets that have weapon mods (like the corvets) should function correctly with the correct buff and changed turret stats?
Don’t see why they wouldn’t.

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 14:46

Beta 2 is out!

(sorry for the ninja post, CBJ)
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

kobayashimaru
x4

Re: X4 Version 2.0 Beta 2 is now available

Post by kobayashimaru » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 21:28

Has anyone else noticed that Xenon Ks are now way too powerful against capital ships? I mean, I support the effort to make Xenon an actual threat, but I just saw a single K destroy my colossus in 20 seconds. It depleted colossus' shield so fast I thought I was holding the boost key. My behemoth afterwards perished in 15 seconds and it barely took 10 % of the K's shield off. Isn't that a "bit" exaggerated? Or is something wrong with my installation? I removed all the mods.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 21:39

kobayashimaru wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 21:28
Has anyone else noticed that Xenon Ks are now way too powerful against capital ships? I mean, I support the effort to make Xenon an actual threat, but I just saw a single K destroy my colossus in 20 seconds. It depleted colossus' shield so fast I thought I was holding the boost key. My behemoth afterwards perished in 15 seconds and it barely took 10 % of the K's shield off. Isn't that a "bit" exaggerated? Or is something wrong with my installation? I removed all the mods.
I concur. I wish they went with the XR approach. The AoE damage of their main weapons there was dangerous as it stripped turrets fast but it didn't kill ships faster than other capitals. It gave them a slight edge over other ships but wasn't just a flat damage buff.

kobayashimaru
x4

Post by kobayashimaru » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 22:05

It's nothing mods can't fix, but I like to rely on mods as less as possible.

Also, I just noticed the travel drive on my behemoth is not working. I turn it on and it says "charging", but nothing happens. It just accelerates to max normal speed (140 m/s) and that's it. :?

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 22:28

kobayashimaru wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 21:28
It’s not the Ks, it’s the Xenon L turrets, they do way more effective damage than anything the former Commonwealth can come up with. Like, their theoretical DPS is more than 5 times the Commonwealth PPC (their strongest weapons). Just raw numbers. Except Xenon L turrets despite their shorter range can actually hit stuff (way higher projectile speed), resulting in a single Xenon L turret being able to melt almost anything within seconds whereas a pack of Commonwealth destroyers will take about a minute to kill a single capital target.

kobayashimaru
x4

Post by kobayashimaru » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 22:39

Then it's shouldn't be too hard to fix.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 22:43

Forum Members - "Xenon are too easy! This whole game is too easy! Make em tougher!"

Also Forum Members - "Xenon are way too difficult! This isn't right!!"

Makes me laugh.

I agree it sounds like they were over-tuned, but it made me laugh hearing how much of a joke they were for the first month or two... and now they're not a joke at all. Just straight up murder machines...

kobayashimaru
x4

Post by kobayashimaru » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 22:54

grapedog wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 22:43
Forum Members - "Xenon are too easy! This whole game is too easy! Make em tougher!"

Also Forum Members - "Xenon are way too difficult! This isn't right!!"

Makes me laugh.

I agree it sounds like they were over-tuned, but it made me laugh hearing how much of a joke they were for the first month or two... and now they're not a joke at all. Just straight up murder machines...
Well, the joke's on us. It's true they were very weak and now they are too powerful. Additional adjustments are needed.

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 00:04

They’re not "too powerful" OOS. That’s the problem. It’s only in-sector that they’re ship melting machines.

Return to “X4: Foundations”