A very long time to upgrade and repair

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

D00
x4

A very long time to upgrade and repair

Post by D00 » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 20:44

There is a fleet of 2 aircraft carriers, 10 destroyers, 110 M and 120 C. Upgrade drones, anti-missile weapons take a very long time. You can not do this for 1 button? Otherwise it takes more than an hour.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: A very long time to upgrade and repair

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 21:15

Moving to the main X4 forum (from Tech Sp) which is better suited for gameplay and suggestions topics.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 21:20

D00 wrote:
Sat, 9. Feb 19, 20:44
There is a fleet of 2 aircraft carriers, 10 destroyers, 110 M and 120 C. Upgrade drones, anti-missile weapons take a very long time. You can not do this for 1 button? Otherwise it takes more than an hour.
AIRCRAFT Carriers? HERESY.

And yea...anything that has to do with managing a lot of CREW or a lot of SHIPS is kinda derpy right now :/

pvarn

Post by pvarn » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 00:46

Upgrading a single ship is not one button let alone a fleet.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 01:23

I would have thought it would be possible to select multiple ships of the same type (e.g. Colossus Vanguards separate from Colossus Sentinels) and select a single loadout for refit.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 02:03

1 click would ruin the immersion. X3 you just clicked to upgrade and it never seemed realistic. I love that it takes a little time to do the upgrade and you can actually watch the upgrades being installed. You're upgrading a huge ship in 1/10th the time it takes to do an oil change, but that's not fast enough? :roll:
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 10:22

When you build a ship, you can save the loadout (including missiles and other consumables which as satellites such as drones)

So resupplying and repairing one ship is fairly simple - select it, right click on the yard or wharf, select the pre-saved loadout, select repair if it was damaged and then you are pretty much done.

My 12 destroyers use the same loadout and I send them back in pairs to refit/rearm while the rest carry on fighting etc. Most of the time spent is therefore travelling there/back

No way to select multiple ships at once for upgrade/repair afaik

D00
x4

Post by D00 » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 19:33

Selecting a saved version does not restore the drones, crew and anti-missiles.
Then, the game must be filled with diversity and actions that carry meaning. 200+ times the same combinations of several clicks can hardly be called diverse with great meaning)

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 19:49

I assume there's a way for the ship to auto-resupply. I've never found it (or looked for it), but the 2.0 beta changelog list the following:
Improved range over which ships that run out of ammo can look for a known equipment dock from which to re-stock.
So if they improved the feature, it means it should have existed in the first place... though I can't tell you how (or if) it works.

Otherwise, "resupply ships" is a listed objective in their roadmap for 2.5.
I've also read somewhere about possible ways to use standard stations as resupply point for missiles, though I can't remember where exactly. (I think it was in a discussions about the roadmaps and future plans.)

Of course, in either case you'll still have a lot of clicking to make. It comes with the size of the fleet. It may help lessen the load, though.

I personally avoid missile/torpedoes for most of my standard fleets (the ones I use for patrol and such), and use them only for the stuff I'll control more directly (small assault fleet, boarding squads, etc.) Otherwise it's too much micromanagement for me.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 20:08

Ezarkal wrote:
Wed, 13. Feb 19, 19:49
I assume there's a way for the ship to auto-resupply. I've never found it (or looked for it), but the 2.0 beta changelog list the following:
Improved range over which ships that run out of ammo can look for a known equipment dock from which to re-stock.
So if they improved the feature, it means it should have existed in the first place... though I can't tell you how (or if) it works.
Ships contact you if they run out of ammo sometimes. This change affects whether the resupply option in the dialog exists when you answer the NPC i think.

Return to “X4: Foundations”