Is Xenon economy an actual enconomy or fake?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Is Xenon economy an actual enconomy or fake?

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 10:34

Looking in Xenon sectors I see 3 things that act as "economy":
- Xenon miners
- Xenon Solar Power Plants
- Shipyards

My Question is:
- are miner and Solar Power plants are used in Xenon ship construction? or does the Xenon ships pop up out of thin air in their Shipyards?
- if SPP is used in production then how Xenon transport the EC from it to SY? Using miners? as far as I know they don't have freighters.

Thecrippler

Re: Is Xenon economy an actual enconomy or fake?

Post by Thecrippler » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 11:57

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 15. Feb 19, 10:34
Looking in Xenon sectors I see 3 things that act as "economy":
- Xenon miners
- Xenon Solar Power Plants
- Shipyards

My Question is:
- are miner and Solar Power plants are used in Xenon ship construction? or does the Xenon ships pop up out of thin air in their Shipyards?
- if SPP is used in production then how Xenon transport the EC from it to SY? Using miners? as far as I know they don't have freighters.
Xenons are machines they don't have a economy all of the building are youst for bashings and making them stand out more :) now for the cap ships they build them if you get luck to see it for the rest of the ships P M N S they pop up out of thin air now for the freighters they don t have them but they are using P S technically P S are fighting trading ships

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 14:21

The Xenon do gather resources, but they have no economy. I'm just guessing that their actions are not "faked", but it surely is simplified to the point that their ship production and spreading only require basic resources.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 14:32

BY real economy I mean that if they need those mined resoures and SPP to produce ships or not?
If they do then this is real (albeit basic) economy.
If not then this is fake.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 15:10

In that case, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes - their means of production matters.

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 19:48

The Xenon economy relies on ore and energy cells - M miners for ore, and M power distribution units to transfer energy cells

When destroying their stations, Xenon miners and power units frantically try to resupply them so that they can repair/rebuild ^_^ - destroying them seems to make a difference...
Last edited by caltrop on Fri, 15. Feb 19, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

Nafensoriel
x4

Post by Nafensoriel » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 19:56

IIRC They function on energy cells and now actually require "mining" energy for production. There was a blurb in one of the patches about them being fixed so their economy doesn't stall.
"A Tradition is only as good as it's ability to change." Nael

EvanRath
x4

Post by EvanRath » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 23:59

i like to think that they use the parts and material from their exploits, makes me feel a little better about the fact that they may be endless.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 00:17

EvanRath wrote:
Fri, 15. Feb 19, 23:59
i like to think that they use the parts and material from their exploits, makes me feel a little better about the fact that they may be endless.
They're not endless, I starved their shipyard of ore, and it stopped building ships

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 00:25

repatomonor wrote:
Fri, 15. Feb 19, 14:21
The Xenon do gather resources, but they have no economy. I'm just guessing that their actions are not "faked", but it surely is simplified to the point that their ship production and spreading only require basic resources.

All I want to know is how are they building Stations? They have no Xenon equivalent of a Construction Vessel, so they must spawn depending on how many ships they get through the gate or something else?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 05:07

I know the Xenon have an economy, albeit creditless one. I am not sure the Kha'ak have any such economy though. I've never seen a Kha'ak miner

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 05:34

They have an economy, just a simple one. Ore, silicon, and energy cells for building everything. If you clean out the wharf along with the mining/power supply ships of one xenon sector, then xenon sectors on the other side of the map will try to send some over to rebuild.

Pichu0102
x4

Post by Pichu0102 » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 10:03

spankahontis wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 00:25
repatomonor wrote:

All I want to know is how are they building Stations? They have no Xenon equivalent of a Construction Vessel, so they must spawn depending on how many ships they get through the gate or something else?
They put down a plot, miners deliver wares to the build storage, and the station builds itself. You can see this if you're attacking one still under construction.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 19:49

Pichu0102 wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 10:03
spankahontis wrote:
repatomonor wrote:

They put down a plot, miners deliver wares to the build storage, and the station builds itself. You can see this if you're attacking one still under construction.

Ahhhh! Makes sense.
I don't like those storage bays, they can't be destroyed so you have to wait till the Structure is built before you destroy it.

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 23:44

spankahontis wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 19:49
Pichu0102 wrote:
spankahontis wrote:

Ahhhh! Makes sense.
I don't like those storage bays, they can't be destroyed so you have to wait till the Structure is built before you destroy it.
Although you can't destroy the storage bays, you *can* destroy the containers in the bays & dump the build materials into space - that does slow them down ^_^

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 16:25

caltrop wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 23:44
spankahontis wrote:
Pichu0102 wrote:

Ahhhh! Makes sense.
Although you can't destroy the storage bays, you *can* destroy the containers in the bays & dump the build materials into space - that does slow them down ^_^

They have an entire Armada of S Mining Ships so it's like swatting Flies in hopes they'll stop bugging you.
They've done pretty much the same thing in Hatikvah's Choice as they did in Holy Vision, build 15-20 Xenon Stations and wiped out the Argon Fleet.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 16:46

spankahontis wrote:
Sun, 17. Feb 19, 16:25
caltrop wrote:
spankahontis wrote:

Ahhhh! Makes sense.

They have an entire Armada of S Mining Ships so it's like swatting Flies in hopes they'll stop bugging you.
They've done pretty much the same thing in Hatikvah's Choice as they did in Holy Vision, build 15-20 Xenon Stations and wiped out the Argon Fleet.
xenon might have a simple but a very effective "economy" ... and they wont stop until they are either extinct or reduced to only a few remaining systems.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 11:19

eMYNOCK wrote:
Sun, 17. Feb 19, 16:46
spankahontis wrote:
Sun, 17. Feb 19, 16:25
caltrop wrote:

xenon might have a simple but a very effective "economy" ... and they wont stop until they are either extinct or reduced to only a few remaining systems.
I can't wait till I can buy the mk3 thrusters for my Collosus and get a Behemoth with all the bells and whistles, then I can start building my fleet and deal with these multi-stations.

Return to “X4: Foundations”