Status Update Bug

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

k9z56t

Status Update Bug

Post by k9z56t » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 20:09

I am playing the latest version of x4. (version 1,60) Sometimes at the bottom right corner of the screen appears a man from my factory telling a trade had complated. But it won't disappear. So i can't save the game anymore. (unless i load a previous save)

Frostnads
x4

Re: Status Update Bug

Post by Frostnads » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 22:21

A similar experience happened to me once, as I described in the "My Factory Ate My Nemesis" thread. The Coms Window was up with a pilot update that wouldn't close, I could not walk around or out of the cockpit, and pressing esc showed my save game option greyed out and not functional, also quicksave wouldn't work either. I had to load a save. odd
X: Beyond the Frontier | X-Tension | X2: The Threat | X3: Reunion | X3: Terran Conflict | X3: Terran Conflict | X3: Albion Prelude | X Rebirth | X4: Foundations

Belgarath
x4

Post by Belgarath » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 22:34

Here's a workaround that should work for you:
peteran wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 06:27
This happens to me too from time to time but there is a possible workaround:
  1. Bind "Toggle Chat Window" under expert settings in "Settings / Controls / General"
  2. Use your binding to open the chat window
  3. Click on the text entry field and type /reloadui
  4. Use your binding to close chat window
This should give you enough time to save and possibly find a workaround to the bug causing the neverending conversation.

Note: Remember to close the chat window as it seems to steal focus from just about everything else.
The new PC I just built for myself:
i5-13600k, 32GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3060 12GB
It'll do until I can upgrade the graphics card.

blin25

Post by blin25 » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 09:45

Yes, this error is in version 1.6 HF1 and the window with the portrait of the manager remains on the right. Unfortunately, this error appeared when I was out of the ship at the station. The game continued in the background. The teleportation worked through the map (M). But the possibilities of WASD to move the dialogue with the pilot and save the game completely turned off had to upload the last save.

Return to “X4: Foundations”