The most stupid thing you have done in X4?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 16:21

I decided it's good idea to try to open the data Vault in Holy Vision during actual Xenon invasion (2 x K, 1 x I + dozen of fighters).

What was suprising there was no trace of HOP forces and only thing engaging Xenon was several ANT (??!!) Cerberus.

OK, so I really wanted to crack that vault, so I decided to clear fighters in my Eclipse and ignore the harmless capships. I finished the last of Xenon fighter and my Eclipse took some 40% hull dammage.
The K flew somewhere away and I looks like it try to retreat (move behind the gate).

I proceed with data vault cracking via spacewalk. FIx conduit here and there, loot some goodies and finally hack that vault transmitter. I noticed that Xenon I lurk somehow close, but seems to be peaceful piece of junk. I move close to my Eclipse and decided this is great moment to do some laser repairs. I managed to repair like 5 % of the hull when I started to hearing traces and bullet flying everywhere.
It apper that Xenon I, the most powerful ship in the galaxy decided it's a good idea to put it's firepower into single spacesuit :) I think it was only thanks to broken turret accuracy/dammage that I wasn't toasted (never before I tried to slam into Eclipse airlock on full afterburner).

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Re: The most stupid thing you have done in X4?

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 17:02

Trying to recover a ship what was abandoned in a hazardous region - the ship melted before I could get to it. I should have tried to acquire it using OOS methods.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 17:08

"Hey, let's roam around this docked Shuyaku while my only fighter has no backup pilot!"

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 17:32

I stood on top of a combat drone on a station while it was docking. The moment it finishes docking and disappears into the internal docks, it "ceases to exist" as far as the game engine is concerned. Since my character was on it at the time, he also ceased to exist. Game over.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 17:39

Pursuing a retreating Xenon K through a superhighway deeper into Xenon space.
Had already been there several times before & had no excuse for not remembering there was a bloody big minefield on the far side.
Was painful to watch just how much damage my Colossus sustained, merely trying to turn round & fly back to where it came from - it survived the trip but only just, couple more mines in it's flightpath would likely have been the end of it.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 17:40

Berserk Knight wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 17:32
I stood on top of a combat drone on a station while it was docking. The moment it finishes docking and disappears into the internal docks, it "ceases to exist" as far as the game engine is concerned. Since my character was on it at the time, he also ceased to exist. Game over.
Gotta try this lol

ei8htx
x4

Post by ei8htx » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 17:47

Started a new game, saved some cash, built up some rep, and decided to buy a better ship.

So I landed at the wharf and sold mine (the only one I had) so I'd have enough to buy the one I wanted.

Wharf didn't have resources to build it...

After 30 minutes, I managed to run onto a landing freighter so I could make my way to another wharf and buy a different ship.

All in all, was kinda fun.

X-Tie
x4

Post by X-Tie » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 18:18

I had two big facepalm moments...

1. Teleported onto one of my Ides Vanguard traders so I could manually haul it to safety because it was getting attacked by some pirate scum. I escape with travel mode and then decide I should probably repair the hull so I go over to get into my spacesuit and... turned into a splattered spacefly against the hull of the Ides docking bay because I was travelling at several thousand m/s.

2. Went into that Xenon sector with tons of tracker mines to go and explore and beat some Xenons up with a Colossus and its fleet of docked fighters / corvettes. The fleet fought well, and then it was time to go home. We're in the middle of the sector more or less, so I tell all ships to dock onto the mothership Colossus and then instruct the pilot to plot a course back to Grand Exchange. I start doing other stuff in my menus when suddenly I hear "clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink BOOM! clink clink clink clink clink clink clink"... I take control of the ship and realize that fool had flown straight through the minefield and because he'd hit a few straight on that had taken us out of travel mode. All I could do was observe the endless amount of mines closing in on my ship until its inevitable doom :roll:

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 19:04

Ohh shiny red light, i wonder what they are!! OMFGBBQSAUCE dead.... sent back 1hr30 in time... autosave wasnt working...

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 19:57

Having my ship kidnap me and my backup pilot decided to become a tourist bus driver.

I landed at a station, went to the marketeer, back when this was my first one to unlock the bar, walked back to me ship and as I started up the stairs I got stuck. The AI recognised that I was on-board, and continued his order queue, while I got to take happy snaps of the sector and made to feel like Heath Ledger's joker hanging out the side of the cop car while doing so.

Mind you had to revert a save that was ages old because I could teleport at this point.

Second UH-OH! (in Aussie aka BUGGER) moment came when I was trying out finding BluePrints via EMP. Jumped onto a Destroyer via EVA, set the EMP off while on there and got bombarded by about 5 missiles, darn capital had not a scratch.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 20:03

Set the autopilot on a course to an abandoned ship, then open the map to do some management while it got me there.

It's a good reminder abandoned ships usually come with a bunch of mines to clear out first. :shock:
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Nafensoriel
x4

Post by Nafensoriel » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 20:04

Got out of my ship for a datavault. Took my headphones off due to a brief phone call. After collecting all the junk I spent 5 minutes looking for my ship.

Turns out during the headphone off time a xenon came by and said hi. It was a new playthrough with no teleportation tech or second ships with pilots yet.
"A Tradition is only as good as it's ability to change." Nael

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 20:14

jumping into my spacesuit in the middle of a Xenon sector to repair fix up my carrier....since the player always seems to be a priority target if multiple targets are available...I had to dodge quite a few bullets.

I did survive...but damn was that dangerous and stupid...especially since I realized afterwards that I hadn't saved the game for a good 30 minutes.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 20:17

Sometimes I notice a wharf is stuck due to shortages, so I buy a new freighter to help out. From the same wharf.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 20:23

MegaJohnny wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 20:17
Sometimes I notice a wharf is stuck due to shortages, so I buy a new freighter to help out. From the same wharf.
:lol:

Sorry, had to. But I've done a similar thing once before...wanted to buy a Carrier and saw the resources weren't available....zoned out for a second and clicked buy anyway.

BuckStrider
x4

Post by BuckStrider » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 20:49

Buying it and thinking it was going to work right out of the box

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 21:03

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 16:21
I decided it's good idea to try to open the data Vault in Holy Vision during actual Xenon invasion (2 x K, 1 x I + dozen of fighters).

What was suprising there was no trace of HOP forces and only thing engaging Xenon was several ANT (??!!) Cerberus.

OK, so I really wanted to crack that vault, so I decided to clear fighters in my Eclipse and ignore the harmless capships. I finished the last of Xenon fighter and my Eclipse took some 40% hull dammage.
The K flew somewhere away and I looks like it try to retreat (move behind the gate).

I proceed with data vault cracking via spacewalk. FIx conduit here and there, loot some goodies and finally hack that vault transmitter. I noticed that Xenon I lurk somehow close, but seems to be peaceful piece of junk. I move close to my Eclipse and decided this is great moment to do some laser repairs. I managed to repair like 5 % of the hull when I started to hearing traces and bullet flying everywhere.
It apper that Xenon I, the most powerful ship in the galaxy decided it's a good idea to put it's firepower into single spacesuit :) I think it was only thanks to broken turret accuracy/dammage that I wasn't toasted (never before I tried to slam into Eclipse airlock on full afterburner).
:lol: I piece of junk :lol: No mate xenon are good way better then factions ship The are piece of junk ty to devs and rushing model's

Horux
x4

Post by Horux » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 21:17

BuckStrider wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 20:49
Buying it and thinking it was going to work right out of the box
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 23:17

In the middle of an epic battle, go in for the kill shot and ... wtf ... autosaving. Doh!

So, idiot here turns it off ... Ha, won't bother me again!!

Later on, worked for hours and hours on a number of detailed station buildings and getting them just right. Go make a coffee, come back and power had cut out. No problem at least autosave will have kept some of, no... wait... AAAAHHHH!

OMFG no saves.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 23:30

Hello all.
I was walking around a stations Dock Area. On my left next to me, the hanger floor was opening and I decided to look and see what was down there. As the hanger deck was closing, it knocked me down into the "pit". No way out. Had to reload save. :)
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Return to “X4: Foundations”