Player Escape Pods?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ei8htx
x4

Re: Player Escape Pods?

Post by ei8htx » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 18:59

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 14:12
Anyway, I think shift+E is the hotkey for going out of your ship, even if you will probably still be the target of your enemies.
Shift E was the hotkey in X3 to eject.

I still mash it when in a hurry from time to time. These days, the best tactic seems to be to teleport over to another ship, if you can pull that off fast enough.

I often teleport over to a miner or trader in trouble, but sometimes forget to save. I'd rather eat the 300k credits than lose an hour of save.

Duncaroos
x4

Re: Player Escape Pods?

Post by Duncaroos » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 01:55

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 14:12
Treebie wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 13:54
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 13:35
What if you manage to evac and, while on your spacesuit, you kill your enemy with your bomb launcher / hand laser?

@Egosoft: Can we have an achievement for this, please?

Setting up achievements about blowing up ships using your spacesuit weapons is not what this thread is about.
Mh, ok...
Anyway, I think shift+E is the hotkey for going out of your ship, even if you will probably still be the target of your enemies.
I don't mean to shoot your idea down though; it would be cool to see that kind of achievement implemented!

Not sure if there is an eject hotkey but I'll check again. Maybe this was for X3? I know what you mean though. Egosoft probably expects the spacesuit to act as your eject and fight your way out of it....but it seems off, as in a spacesuit you have literally no HP against any attacks and lateral dodging is quite slow. The fact that you also get dragged with a moving ship when you are close to it also makes ejecting and defending yourself quite difficult in the beginning.
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Return to “X4: Foundations”