Exploration cheat

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Exploration cheat

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 06:29

One way you can find every station in a sector without having to explore it is:
Spoiler
Show
Use the manage plots option. It shows all the plots whether you have explored them or not.
I think Egosoft should close this loophole. One way they could do this is:
Spoiler
Show
When using manage plots, only show plots for stations or objects you have uncovered.

Shehriazad
x4

Re: Exploration cheat

Post by Shehriazad » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 09:10

Yes and no, I guess?

If you want to build some plots and have to know what's there it's gonna be hella annoying...some NPC station plots are WAY out of original bound and some sectors are huge but only have 2-3 Stations in them.
If players want to "cheat" like that, let them, not like it does any damage to you.

I see your point, but it's A: too small of an issue for NOW and B:NPCs build factions so weird sometimes that you'd not find them like ever without plot manager.

I've got a Teladi station that is about 700km away from the gate...you can't even see it properly on the map anymore. I would've never been able to even find that :lol:

Hawkeye.Strikes

Post by Hawkeye.Strikes » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 21:17

Not much difference to Google maps. If I was going to buy space I'd like to know who my neighbours are.
Egosoft could instead fix the almost useless "Explore" command.

(I'm going to buy the domain Googe.gal) :wink: )

EvanRath
x4

Post by EvanRath » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 21:27

Almost useless? it is full useless.

The explore command just makes them fly in random directions, usually over stuff they already flew through.

They have a long range scanner? they should use it then generate a fly to order for the nearest ? on map.

I hold their hand and set waypoints around the sector in a way that they will have it all explored in an hour or so.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 22:16

This issue has been reported ever since release. I don't think a 'fix' is on the devs' priority list.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Hawkeye.Strikes

Post by Hawkeye.Strikes » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 13:00

EvanRath wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 21:27
Almost useless? it is full useless.

The explore command just makes them fly in random directions, usually over stuff they already flew through.

They have a long range scanner? they should use it then generate a fly to order for the nearest ? on map.

I hold their hand and set waypoints around the sector in a way that they will have it all explored in an hour or so.
I did the same so I use a mod that adds sector satellites. It is ridiculous that we have to hold 5* pilots hands.

Return to “X4: Foundations”