Time limits on missions

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Time limits on missions

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 07:35

Are there any missions at all which actually have time limits? It seems like the ability to assign time limits is there, but none of the missions I have seen actually do have assigned limits.

Techedge
x4

Re: Time limits on missions

Post by Techedge » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 09:00

I'm pretty sure I've seen some "Construction wares required" missions with time limits (usually around 3h, maybe less). But I've never accepted those missions because of the… time limit! :mrgreen:
So I' can't actually confirm if those work the way it was intended or not.

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Sun, 3. Mar 19, 13:05

There are for gathering stuff for a factory. But that is the only one I have seen.
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Sun, 3. Mar 19, 15:41

As far as I can tell at least some missions do have time limits (even when not shown). They're just incredibly generous.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sun, 3. Mar 19, 16:55

Just had two missions expire on me. One was a satellite repair (apparently satellite got destroyed). Another was searching for a ship. I can't recall if it had time limit specified or not, but anyway I got distracted, and after a while mission failed with something like "failed to locate ship in time".

But, at the moment there also seems to be an issue with guild missions just... disappearing. Not failing, not completing, just one second you're on a mission, the other it's poof, without a trace (except for the acceptance message in the log).

Return to “X4: Foundations”