boarding a carrier

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kpla Keltak

boarding a carrier

Post by Kpla Keltak » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 12:18

anyone managed to find a decent location to attempt boarding a carrier. other than AP I cant find any, but don't think that would go well.
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

mr.WHO
x4

Re: boarding a carrier

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 12:26

The only other Carrier that I saw in my game was Teladi Condor in Ianamus Zura neat the gate to Matrix #451 (cometimes it venture there which is perfect opportunity to grab it).

I also saw multiple YT videos where people capture paranid Zeus, but I haven't saw them in my game.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 14:42

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 17. Feb 19, 12:26
The only other Carrier that I saw in my game was Teladi Condor in Ianamus Zura neat the gate to Matrix #451 (cometimes it venture there which is perfect opportunity to grab it).

I also saw multiple YT videos where people capture paranid Zeus, but I haven't saw them in my game.
I started a new 2.0 game, and shortly after start I flew along the highway. At the border between HOP and PAR, in Pontifex's Claim, I was witness to a massive battle between HOP and PAR, where I observed a HOP Zeus and multiple destroyers get killed by massive missile spam from PAR destroyers. It was quite the fireworks show.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 14:51

Since 1.5 or 1.6 i haven't seen any Zeus either, only the argon in AP. Maybe the TEL carrier is up but i never took interest in that one.

Boarding in AP can also be done, you can just bring a freighter there with 150 marines or whatever capacity that carrier has and just board it without ever attacking it. Maybe do a 2nd pass if the first one was only enough to reduce defence strength. Got 2 of them like that. And quite a few more by just normal means - though i think since then the subordinates might got fixed and do attack when you hurt their commander.

You only get actual rep loss if you destroy objects or ships. Just reducing hull of turrets until they get disabled will only get you a temporary loss.

Return to “X4: Foundations”