Much needed: Repeatable orders

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lazerius
x4

Much needed: Repeatable orders

Post by Lazerius » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 23:48

Hey guys,

I think something similar has probably been suggested, and while this early in an X game, I usually just let the Devs go to town on additions/fixes/what have you.

This really is needed with the way this game is set up, so I wanted to chime in.

First, let’s compare previous X games to X4.

Previously: when your cash flow let’s you buy 3-4 mammoths/station haulers, select what you need from shipyards, tell them to place a cluster of stations. X here, Y here, z here. Then attach em all, pick best spot for your docking and you’re set.

While inefficient, super duper omg mega stations DID work. But you didn’t want to do that due to limited docking on single stations/etc.

Currently: Because resources are limited unless you can properly control your supply chain in a 3-4 sector area, and just as important, because of UI/graphical issues, super mega stations are out. While you can still build a focused semi-super station for a region, it typically still requires mass quantities of a resource imported in.

I can’t speak on UI issues here, but lets say a person is able to get the resource logistics knocked out and you’re ABLE to get all the resources you need in a small area.

The problem is there are no way to set up a trade station, or more importantly, to set up a ship to perform a trade route from their starting station over to the production sector/cluster and deliver, let’s say Methane, to station X, Y, then Z.

Ever further adding to the problem is you currently can’t set up 1 ship to go from starting point to station X, then automatically repeating that order only between those 2 stations.

I see the UI has the infinite symbol for the “wait for call”.

My suggestion for the time being is to add a + button on the order section where the icons currently are. the one option from that is a Repeat for a number of times, adjustable with a + and - and a checkbox to repeat order forever.

This will let us set up a SINGLE dedicated delivery route. Down the road, it can be expanded into better logistics control.

I’d love feedback.

Thanks!
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Lazerius
x4

Re: Much needed: Repeatable orders

Post by Lazerius » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 23:54

To add to this, I really want to set up a mega food/medical supply factory for a region so I am actually willing to spend on employees, but I only want them to deliver to MY stations.

Setting up an overproduction of food/med at EACH station is NOT efficient, so I want to deliver like dominos/Pizza Hut.

PLEASE, ES, let me set up dedicated pizza delivery routes to my stations! 😁

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 04:16

How about the ability to turn off order queueing for some ships, I don't want to have to cancel the previous order everytime I want a ship to do something else.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 08:24

Lazerius wrote:
Sun, 17. Feb 19, 23:48
Hey guys,

I think something similar has probably been suggested, and while this early in an X game, I usually just let the Devs go to town on additions/fixes/what have you.

This really is needed with the way this game is set up, so I wanted to chime in.

First, let’s compare previous X games to X4.

Previously: when your cash flow let’s you buy 3-4 mammoths/station haulers, select what you need from shipyards, tell them to place a cluster of stations. X here, Y here, z here. Then attach em all, pick best spot for your docking and you’re set.

While inefficient, super duper omg mega stations DID work. But you didn’t want to do that due to limited docking on single stations/etc.

Currently: Because resources are limited unless you can properly control your supply chain in a 3-4 sector area, and just as important, because of UI/graphical issues, super mega stations are out. While you can still build a focused semi-super station for a region, it typically still requires mass quantities of a resource imported in.

I can’t speak on UI issues here, but lets say a person is able to get the resource logistics knocked out and you’re ABLE to get all the resources you need in a small area.

The problem is there are no way to set up a trade station, or more importantly, to set up a ship to perform a trade route from their starting station over to the production sector/cluster and deliver, let’s say Methane, to station X, Y, then Z.

Ever further adding to the problem is you currently can’t set up 1 ship to go from starting point to station X, then automatically repeating that order only between those 2 stations.

I see the UI has the infinite symbol for the “wait for call”.

My suggestion for the time being is to add a + button on the order section where the icons currently are. the one option from that is a Repeat for a number of times, adjustable with a + and - and a checkbox to repeat order forever.

This will let us set up a SINGLE dedicated delivery route. Down the road, it can be expanded into better logistics control.

I’d love feedback.

Thanks!
Its basically CLS2 functionality in X3. I need it badly in X4 especially with the rather wonky autotrader to have them predictably buy/sell as and when i wanted them to with one time setup.

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 03:10

Exactly!

I had a few beers yesterday prior to my post, so that explains the long windedness of it all, LOL.

BUT the point still stands. We need at least SOME more fundamental logistical controls, and the main points in my post should provide ways for that with minimal development time.

Start with repeatable orders, perfect the system when other primary necessities are in place. 🙂

Return to “X4: Foundations”