Refugee Convoys

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EmperorDragon
x4

Refugee Convoys

Post by EmperorDragon » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 12:41

I was busy clearing out PAR stations in Pious Mists XI and had a closer look at the streams of light I observed during station attacks before. As it turned out, these were civilians fleeing the station in a convoy, being led by a police craft.

It's another nice little touch to the game, it makes you realize that it's not *just* a station you're blowing apart. Unfortunately for this convoy, the station they were heading for was also destroyed soon afterwards.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Re: Refugee Convoys

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 13:31

You're a heartless assassin.

nickolaiproblem
x4

Post by nickolaiproblem » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 13:56

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 13:31
As he should be

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 14:52

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 13:31
What would you have me do? I don't have gulag stations yet so I had to let them go...
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 14:54

So is this an established 'Woah' moment, or just happened randomly?

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 15:57

repatomonor wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 14:54
So is this an established 'Woah' moment, or just happened randomly?
I once had a similar thing going on and just thought of it as a random quirk...but seeing this here makes me think that this is on purpose.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 16:28

Awww they are so cute :D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 16:30

EmperorDragon wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 12:41
I was busy clearing out PAR stations in Pious Mists XI and had a closer look at the streams of light I observed during station attacks before. As it turned out, these were civilians fleeing the station in a convoy, being led by a police craft.
Wow that is a nice touch. Are you sure they were refugess though? Does it actually say?
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 16:47

It happened on all (or most at least) PAR stations I attacked but, I do not remember SCA stations doing the same. Could be random or module specific.

At first I thought it was a bullet trail glitch.
Socratatus wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 16:30
Wow that is a nice touch. Are you sure they were refugess though? Does it actually say?
Nope, nothing special or any prompted event. It just happens during battle. But it does seem like civilian ships are displaying some sort of "fleeing from home" behaviour when their station is attacked.

Return to “X4: Foundations”