the game is too bugged to play

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fcsaladdodger
x4

the game is too bugged to play

Post by fcsaladdodger » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:22

well im going to have to stop playing x4 until it works properly. im getting sick of clicking on menus or ships and it opening up other menus or other ships at random! and on occasions opening up menus when im not even touching anything! ive got trading ships that just sit in space and no matter what I try they wont trade, battleships that take 15 minutes to kill a small enemy ship. station that no matter how much money they have wont buy drones!
someone let me know when its fixed and ill try again.
its realy sad, ive been playing the X series from day 1, and even buying the games on the day they were released they have never been as buggy as X4. ive been waiting so long for X4 to be released, what a let down!
from what ive seen and played so far the game looks good but when it can upto 20 seconds to do something that should only take 3 seconds to do its so frustraiting!! trying to do things 3 or 4 times before it actualy does what you want it to do.
BACK TO X3TC OR X3AP FOR 6 MONTHS!

Lazerius
x4

Re: the game is too bugged to play

Post by Lazerius » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 21:23

Do you have a cat?

I hear cats like to press the buttons which do what you're talking about.

266 hours in for me, with < 10 minutes of SETA and I have never experienced any of that.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 21:38

Can confirm the cat theory. Typing often feels fluffy and warm in these situations, other symptoms include feeling a heavy weight on top of your hands. :D

You might just want to report your problem in Technical Support viewforum.php?f=180 in order to get assistance but I have this slight feeling you are not here to get help, are you?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 22:45

fcsaladdodger wrote:
Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:22
well im going to have to stop playing x4 until it works properly. im getting sick of clicking on menus or ships and it opening up other menus or other ships at random! and on occasions opening up menus when im not even touching anything! ive got trading ships that just sit in space and no matter what I try they wont trade, battleships that take 15 minutes to kill a small enemy ship. station that no matter how much money they have wont buy drones!
someone let me know when its fixed and ill try again.
its realy sad, ive been playing the X series from day 1, and even buying the games on the day they were released they have never been as buggy as X4. ive been waiting so long for X4 to be released, what a let down!
from what ive seen and played so far the game looks good but when it can upto 20 seconds to do something that should only take 3 seconds to do its so frustraiting!! trying to do things 3 or 4 times before it actualy does what you want it to do.
BACK TO X3TC OR X3AP FOR 6 MONTHS!
Yep, I understand your pain. I've got 33 days of game play (20 minutes only of SETA) and it's been improving all along.

The menu system can be tiresome. Mine does exactly the same regarding clicking on something but a random other thing opens. It's a pain but I like the game so I tolerate it.
I've never had menus opening up without touching anything though.
Some traders will sit still for ages but there's prob and in game reason for that, e.g. no profitable buys/sells, or... something?
The battleships taking along time to kill, yes. It's true, however, I suspect battleships are not designed to combat small craft like fighters. Working under that theory, I use Frigates and Fighters for cleaning up smaller ships.
Not had the drone problem you describe either, my stations don't stop buying and maxing out drone numbers no matter how I set the instructions. So if they are attacked, 1000's of drones hit the enemy and my game turns into a slide show but hey, on the upside, the station is unassailable. lol.

IMO, Over all, compared to the initial release, the game is supremely playable and far less frustrating. Another couple of updates and we'll have a magnificent game that's been worth every cent and every minute of game play.

Return to “X4: Foundations”