Ship auto undocking in hold position mode

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bogate
x4

Ship auto undocking in hold position mode

Post by bogate » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 19:59

So i have a behemoth i use as my personal ship to go around. it is in hold position mode so that if i wanna get off the controls and just look around it stays in place and the captain assigned to the ship doesnt do bull so it has the stay docked feature disabled. THIS causes a big problem. if i get up while the ship is docked at a station the "captain" will undock the ship from the station and now i have to wait 2 minutes(outside in SETA) while the idiot captain parks the ship 200m away from the station because of course the undock feature is "critical" and i cant do anything apart from waiting there while the idiot of a captain(5 stars) tries to undock. which would be as simple as boosting for 2 seconds, but instead he tries to navigate the station to park somewhere. now if i activate the stay docked function the ship will try to auto dock to the nearest station if i get up while in flight, making the "hold position" mode not hold position rendering it useless.

Can the hold position mode please never undock? if the ship isnt docked, then stay still. if the ship is docked then stay docked.

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Ship auto undocking in hold position mode

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 20:21

The "stay docked" toggle should do it.

If you ship tries to dock by itself when you release controls, it may be because it still has a queued docked order.
Just try to clear out it's queued orders, even if (especially if, actually) you take control of it frequently.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 23:07

Mine stays docked and when checking the order list, it shows "dock and wait". Perhaps that can help...

Belgarath
x4

Post by Belgarath » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 01:42

If I forget to clear the orders before I take control of another ship, then yes, the relief pilot will undock and fly off somewhere. So, as soon as I get out of the command chair or leave the helm, I try to remember to clear all the orders. All my ships (except traders and miners) have the Hold Position order as the default with the Stay Docked option checked.
The new PC I just built for myself:
i5-13600k, 32GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3060 12GB
It'll do until I can upgrade the graphics card.

bogate
x4

Post by bogate » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 19:17

ok thanks for the help. ill try to cancel such orders and see if it works better

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 03:29

Think there is a bug like that. The pilot should wait for you when you dock at a station and leave ships - actually often my other ships do wait for me even if i didn't arrive in them.
For ex teleport to a station where one of your ships are docked or soon will, and if they have another order they will tell you that they will wait for you before proceeding with it.

But there are times when something gets messed up and the ship i arrived in would just fly away - even if i added no other orders for it.
In these cases they usually want to dock at another station - seems to me usually at a station where i docked previously. As if they got confused about where they have to pick me up.

Return to “X4: Foundations”