More weapons new weapons

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LeVaAl
x4

More weapons new weapons

Post by LeVaAl » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 11:46

Im sorry if this question was posted before but please.... more weapons! more! it so terribly not enough. current sets are good for nothing, really! Gatling is NOT a Flack. Plasma slow as hell. combat really boring. there in NO "space battles" (except foe AI is dumb and make few seconds kill in pursue that last eternity)
Please hear me:) im sue that many people will agree on this.
We do believe that this game has a GALACTIC potential! we do believe in you!
P.S. If im right i thin we should post what would me nice to have...

1. Flack! (that works like flack)
2. Make primary canons of capital ships different (because its really strange, ships are different and weapon similar.. makes no sense)

Thecrippler

Re: More weapons new weapons

Post by Thecrippler » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 12:21

if you are in to the mods try this https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/273 if not unfortunately you gonna have to wait 2-3 years before you will see anything new

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 12:26

1. Flak turrets.
2. Torpedo turrets.
3. Torpedo tubes (Destroyer main weapons).
4. Ion cannons (Destroyer main weapons).
5. Railguns (Destroyer main weapons) - ammo based weapon.
6. Beam cannons (Destroyer main weapons).

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 12:45

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 12:26
In space :rofl:

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 12:49

And what is wrong with that?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 12:54

Pointless. Torpedoes are self-propelling projectiles. Why would you need any tubes for them in space?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 12:59

You do realize you argue with technicalities in a video game?
The same game with sound in space, hyper gates and milion other things that do not fit into real life analogy.

Torpedo tubes means the hole from which torpedos are launched which isn't a turret - nothing more, nothing less.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 13:09

Exactly. This is a game with infinite-ammo "bolt guns" and turrets that either don't require reloading or "reload" automagically. What's the point of tubes of any kind in such a game? Forget reality at this point, think consistency.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 14:49

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 12:26
1. Flak turrets.
2. Torpedo turrets.
4. Ion cannons (Destroyer main weapons).
5. Railguns (Destroyer main weapons) - ammo based weapon.
6. Beam cannons (Destroyer main weapons).
Ion cannons!
Because... remember Homeworld? :P

But yeah, all of these are good ideas. (And the homeworld reference apply for nearly all of these suggestions, too.)
The current pew-pew guns are a bit underwhelming in more than one aspect. Most of all, they lack the intimidation factor a destroyer main weapon should present. Their only decent point is projectile speed. (At least you can't slalom them like you can with plasma balls.) But if you want to go with a pew-pew gun as a main weapon, you should make it so it scares the hell our of everything.

At least missiles swarms are plenty scary. I don't want to stay too close to an enemy destroyer equipped with too many of those.
But like all of you, I'm eager for more.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Jaswolf
x4

Post by Jaswolf » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 17:48

I'm a simple man, I just want a simple weapon of mass star system destruction :mrgreen:

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 22:30

radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 12:54
Pointless. Torpedoes are self-propelling projectiles. Why would you need any tubes for them in space?
Ask Star Trek. https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Torpedo_tube

And the technology of that universe would be far more similar to our reality than anything in the X universe.

Honestly, I think you're making a big damn deal over a perfectly plausible idea.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 22:52

You're trying to justify an impractical fictional gimmick with another impractical fictional gimmick, and I'm the one making a "big deal"? Relax, guys, please!

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 04:14

Some of the current weapons need rebalanced also. Their is no reason to ever use anything over pulse for main guns on m and s sized ships, or pulse/plasma turrets for capital ships. Pulse out performs bolt and beams in every category.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 20:49

Need bigger anti-capital weapons, with more colorful, impressive effects. More impressive ship fire and damage effects too.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 21:47

One turret they should have had from the beginning, the Xenon HIVI/MA for capitals in XR. That beautiful fiery orange blob of magic. Not only much more sexy but also would be less projectiles in the air than the pulse turrets they now have, less impact on fps.

Olfrygt

Post by Olfrygt » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 22:03

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 04:14
Some of the current weapons need rebalanced also. Their is no reason to ever use anything over pulse for main guns on m and s sized ships, or pulse/plasma turrets for capital ships. Pulse out performs bolt and beams in every category.
Thought the same, but the bolt ripeters are pretty strong on M aswell, if u can modifie it. Puls are generating such a low amount of heat so the T1 upgrade with 30-45% dmg is always best there.
But if u have 5 T3 mods (Nemesis) the bolts are scaling better. More dmg, faster recharge and less heat generated>that's overall more then 45% more dmg.

But y in most situation pulse are still the best. Beam and plasma mainweapons are weak. I even go so far to say, plasmas should be removed as main weapons.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 11:31

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 04:14
If you play the number game, sure. My current fleet with mixed weapons is much more effective then pulse only (IS, that is, never been OOS with the teleporter)

Pulse seems OP but S/M Beams are actually hitting most of the time, except for the L Beam which has such a low turret speed that even though they have multiple times the damage output vs L-Pulse, L-Pulse is way more effective against S/M.
4xBolt in a single charge run of a fighter is devasting, it has enough time to cool when repositioning, negating Pulse's overheating advantage against bigger targets.
Shard is completely devasting against S ships flying by.

We players like to sit on the back of a K and shoot until it is dead. In that case Pulse is the most effective weapon.

And turrets are a whole different game.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 11:49

Tamina wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 19, 11:31
Very fond of Shard too - possibly my favourite main gun in the game, particularly after modifying it for fast reload rate.
Tend to pair it up with Beam on personal ships for those situations where a bit more subtlety is required (e.g. lockboxes, mines, etc) - Beam damage may be a little on the low side, but really can't be beaten for precision.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 20:08

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 19, 11:49
Tamina wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 19, 11:31
Very fond of Shard too - possibly my favourite main gun in the game, particularly after modifying it for fast reload rate.
Tend to pair it up with Beam on personal ships for those situations where a bit more subtlety is required (e.g. lockboxes, mines, etc) - Beam damage may be a little on the low side, but really can't be beaten for precision.
At what range do you shoot, becouse I tried it and at 1km I feel it spreads like a shortened shotgun and barely any pellets from the gun hits a fighter.

Loneshade
x4

Post by Loneshade » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 20:38

Olfrygt wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 22:03

But y in most situation pulse are still the best. Beam and plasma mainweapons are weak. I even go so far to say, plasmas should be removed as main weapons.
Don't underestimate Plasma: they take down those annoying khaak in seconds - and they can 3 shot fighters careless enough to approach you head-on.
Not to forget that on a Destroyer turrets, the effective dps of those plasmas rivals that of your main gun. Nothing kills other destroyers faster than an M2 with plasma layout...
Overall I think the weapon balance is really good.

What I'd personally like to see is a bit more variation. I don't like the "good-better-best" approach.
E.g. why are teladi shields the best? why can't we have e.g. teladi shields have more hp than argon ones, but argon ones have e.g. a shorter cooldown for recharge? That way, you'd be able to customize more. And same could be true for guns... guns from one race could be better in dps, guns from another better in bullet speed so its easier to hit, etc....

Return to “X4: Foundations”