Can't get loadstone drops when not piloting

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

m3lchi
x4

Can't get loadstone drops when not piloting

Post by m3lchi » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 00:27

So, unless I'm crazy I've been trying to collect loadstone to create EMPs for a couple hours now. It was getting really difficult to target them on the map (Can't do a guidance to a drop) so I decided to sit in the back seat on the ship and queue up a bunch of "collect drop" orders

It seemed to work, I'd see a red message saying it collected spacefly eggs/ unstable crystals / loadstone however I am not seeing them added to my inventory when I go to check them.

Seems like, if you are not piloting. The inventory drops don't make it to your inventory.

SPiDER
x4

Re: Can't get loadstone drops when not piloting

Post by SPiDER » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 01:47

Entirely correct only PLAYER piloted ships collect INV wares.
If you are after Lodestones...hand about in Argon Prime and follow the NPC miners...they blow up the asteroids and leave the "illegals" behnd...Just beware the Police presence and be ready to "Boost" away

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 01:48

on Your Map screen highlight the "lodestone" with your mouse then press " T "

and if your in a MINING ship your Magnet will repel not attract the " Illegals "

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 04:54

m3lchi wrote:
Sun, 31. Mar 19, 00:27
So, unless I'm crazy I've been trying to collect loadstone to create EMPs for a couple hours now. It was getting really difficult to target them on the map (Can't do a guidance to a drop) so I decided to sit in the back seat on the ship and queue up a bunch of "collect drop" orders

It seemed to work, I'd see a red message saying it collected spacefly eggs/ unstable crystals / loadstone however I am not seeing them added to my inventory when I go to check them.

Seems like, if you are not piloting. The inventory drops don't make it to your inventory.
There's a mod for that.

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 23:34

SPiDER wrote:
Sun, 31. Mar 19, 01:47
WRONG, actually you have to control the ship to get the INV (which IMHO makes no sense). I tried standing in the bridge managing my stations while the captain had the order to pick items - nothing got into inventory that way.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 23:55

Player Piloted is in control not player directing pilot hence why player was in capitals

This does seem to be saying that you need to be flying it yourself........

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Mon, 1. Apr 19, 01:47

The guy does collect your items. But the thing is, it goes straight into HIS inventory, not yours.

Which wouldn't be a problem if you could access your employees' inventory. But currently your remotely collected inventory items can be classified as gone forever.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 05:29

UPDATE: YOU CAN GET THE LODESTONES FROM YOUR PILOT!!!

Talk to your pilot, hit More... then select Hand Me Your Inventory. Voila! items are in my inventory now!

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 07:27

Or, if you are even lazier and couldn't be bothered to be on the same ship but have access to the PHQ, comm them and ask them to 'deposit inventory'. They will unload their inventory at your PHQ, where it will be guarded by your pet Attack-Boron.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 09:59

Yes, all capabilities added in patches in response to threads such as this one and that is why we try not to resurrect old threads.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”