Is Egosoft giving up?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Re: Is Egosoft giving up?

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 00:42

This interface is so unintuitive, it’s laughable.
I get a red message, about a station, it’s up for a second than gone. The interface leaves me going from inappropriate screen to useless screen to try and find what is going on!
The map shows nothing flashing in red,
My property list shows nothing flashing in red.
My log shows nothing in red.
What ever it was I have not a clue!
So can do nothing to assist with what ever it was that went wrong.
Who ever agreed that this new interface was good, needs some logic pills.

When buying a ship!
I click the tab for say Medium sized ships, ( nothing happens )
I then have to click the next tab to show the ships.
Why the second tab? I have all ready indicated I want medium ships with the first tab! This is stupid.

Now I get a burst message that a ship is under attack, (so!) It has defences, nothing can get to it to help it out! So I have to let it sort it’s self out.
These attack messages now get ignored, !

When I set my ship down at a dock, the interface across the top of the screen appears. Good ! But there is no tab to access the station information, as the owner of the station I want to see how it is doing. But no I have to activate the map first. Why?

Now that map!
Property owned list needs to have + - Taps for the stations, so we can reduce the clutter on the left of the screen.
Then I want to find one of my ships in the ship list! Ok I find it. But then the list snaps up and down, making finding the ship a flip-pin game in its self. Why is the ship list moving up and down? What for ? It is again stupid.

I know one of my ships is docked on one of my stations, so I click the station, and then information, then docked ships. There it is in green… But I can not click it to do anything with it! Again why? Logic seems to have left the building again !!!
I have to find the ship icon in amongst the station components, see if I can zoom in Close enough to click on it. And not click the one right next to it.
Now I have that right side of the map showing my ships information, Ok!
To assign tasks to the ship through that interface is absurd, Why is the next required click box not highlighted in an obvious colour ? Instead it’s camouflaged and hidden in the sea of all the same . Get the wrong box and the game silently laughs at you with no help as to what you need to do!
(Revisit known stations) is this to find your lost grandmother?

Tutorial,
It say’s to click on the on/off symbol to toggle trade offers, ( so where is the on/off icon and what dose it look like? As a tutorial it is not much help to those who don't know! ( why is the button not highlighted in a new colour? Click me ) Now the Legend has filled the right side of the screen and I have lost my way in the tutorial. This is so frustrating.

So I give up.

The stupid tutorial is still showing its little text, but I want away from the tutorial as it is not helping me. Arrr.

Save the game , shut down, make a cup of tea.

Restart computer, so there is no residue from the game!

I am off to the yacht club, to go sailing.

Arrrrrrrrrrr.

Game restarted and that stupid tutorial text is still there! Arrrrrrrrr. I am about to get a big hammer, see if that will stop the text popping up.

Return to “X4: Foundations”