2.50 beta 1!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nickolaiproblem
x4

Re: 2.50 beta 1!

Post by nickolaiproblem » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 03:18

Nikola515 wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 19, 20:36
@Nifhtyeq

Actually that is not true... In X3TC/AP or even XR as soon as we enter to sector/zone we could select all missions in that area without need of approaching stations. XR had something like X4 but it was changed with bulletin board for obvious reasons. As I said in early post this is one of things that could be improved also transfers of crew from ship to ship. They could always add teleporter that we could transfer crew or have special radar that can collect data for all missions in sector/zone. But to get to the point X4 universe it too boring and only way to get some action is trough missions. Problem with that is that there is not enough different missions (will be added with v3.0) but looking for missions is annoying as you need to fly by every station and that is if that stations have any missions or if it is mission that you want. Also there is lots of junk missions that I call them where you need to fly trough half universe spending 10min for 5000cr.
I mean this one change I'm not against if a place is offering a mission it only makes sense that go there in order for you to actually get missions. On your second point I'm not against having more salvage merc and trade missions available. I think that it would also be a good idea to have a variety of missions available. Here why doesn't ego implement sector satellites like https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/4 those will just give the missions. But for 1st couple hours you do have explore around and fly from place to place.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 11:30

Thanks for mod link.... I'll definitely check it out :D

It make sense to do that at early stage of the game but in late game it just becomes tedious. Placing satellites would work best. I think creator of this mod have right idea (can't wait for offline ventures).
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Helken Mootyflops
x4

Post by Helken Mootyflops » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 14:44

One thing I've seen in this beta, and this is one of those "I played on for a bit then realised what happened" things so I can't demonstrate it, but during the process of shift-clicking to select everything in a wing and issuing fly to orders in the property menu, it highlighted everything I own. I'm sure it wasn't an error on my part using shift click, the selection initially worked, then glitched to everything once hands were off.

At the time I was managing my military vessels in combat and just got on with that, but it turned out every ship I own did a fly and wait to Holy Vision. So if egosoft know what that might be, might be an idea to do some testing there.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 15:47

Its a mouse bug that click something else randomly from time to time, its very :evil: and it is a thing since 1.0,they did say they found and fixed some things regarding this but its not i. 2.5 beta 1 since its still happening, maybe they fixed something else but not this
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Return to “X4: Foundations”