How to teleport to player owned ships - Mod issue

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JonathanVQP
x4

How to teleport to player owned ships - Mod issue

Post by JonathanVQP » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 06:18

I have the 2.21 patch installed for X4 and I noticed that now I cannot teleport to my player owned ships. Every time I right mouse click to my owned ships, it moves the map. I have completed all the research which means I can teleport to all stations but not any of my owned ships. Is this done by design now?

r4tch3t
x4

Re: How to teleport to player owned ships.

Post by r4tch3t » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 08:27

Nope, still working as as always for me in 2.21.
Have you tried selecting them from the property menu rather than the map?
If so it may be a bug. What are your KB/M settings, did you change them? (they added in more mouse control or something in an update, but I left that alone)

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 21:27

r4tch3t wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 08:27
If so it may be a bug. What are your KB/M settings, did you change them? (they added in more mouse control or something in an update, but I left that alone)
I tried selecting from the property menu rather than the map but the right mouse does not show teleport as a drop down feature like it used to. I did not change the KB/M settings. Is there a way to remap the right mouse button to do this?

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 23:52

JonathanVQP wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 21:27
r4tch3t wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 08:27
I tried selecting from the property menu rather than the map but the right mouse does not show teleport as a drop down feature like it used to. I did not change the KB/M settings. Is there a way to remap the right mouse button to do this?
Try that: click with the left mouse button in an empty area of the map. If there was any selection, it will be cleared this way. Then go to the ship you want to teleport to and click with the right mouse only, the pull-down menu with "teleport" as an option should appear.
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 04:43

Thanks for some ideas. It was one of my mods that was causing the conflict!

Helken Mootyflops
x4

Post by Helken Mootyflops » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 09:26

Out of interest if it was a published mod, which one? Might save somebody some time if they are seeing the same problem. :wink:

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 21:01

It was the Info center mod. One of the sub mods that it uses is the right click API. I haven’t checked if it is updated yet

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 22:10

JonathanVQP wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 21:01
It was the Info center mod. One of the sub mods that it uses is the right click API. I haven’t checked if it is updated yet
Are you sure it's that mod? Just asking because I'm using it and have no problems teleporting.

EDIT: Missed the part were you said you hadn't checked for updates yet. The Info Center version I'm using is from March 31'st 2019.

JonathanVQP
x4

Re: How to teleport to player owned ships - Mod issue

Post by JonathanVQP » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 01:18

It is the old mod. However, the new updated version of Info Center does not need the right click API. It works now.

Return to “X4: Foundations”