Player owned shipyards but no ships

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bradders1
x4

Player owned shipyards but no ships

Post by bradders1 » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 13:59

Hi everyone,

I am struggling to get my player owned shipyard up and running. I have all the blueprints (shipyard, maintenance, small and medium ships and all the internals like engines, thrusters etc); i have a manager and ship salesman. All the storage is full now but no ship build are available! this is greyed out in the shipbuild module. Am i missing something?

solarie99
x4

Re: Player owned shipyards but no ships

Post by solarie99 » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 14:30

You also need to buy all the ship blueprints and also assign a ship trader to the station. you can find ship blueprints and fitting equipment at faction representatives.
as you need shields engines guns missiles the entire list.
"Side note" you shuld start with wharf only to get it going that module will for the most part be the back bone of the station that bring in most money. Also ramp up the price of ships to 120% you will still sell but earn more. :D
Hope this helps
Fly safe.

ei8htx
x4

Post by ei8htx » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 18:01

You're certain you're using the wharf and shipyard modules, and not the equipment dock modules? Equipment docks are only good for upgrading and fixing existing ships.

If you do have all the blueprints like you said, you should be able to build.

Also, silly question, but station building has completed?

bradders1
x4

Post by bradders1 » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 06:36

Thx guys

I guess I have not purchased all the blueprimts yet, for example, I need to get thrusters but don't have the rep yet as they are greyed out for some reason. Will continue.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 11:16

If you have rep to buy shipyard blueprints then you should have rep to buy equipment blueprints

somethings is wrong here
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 11:23

I have a wharf that never builds anything for the NPC factions. I have even set the price to 90% and still see not activity.

Must be doing something wrong here.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 14:00

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 19, 11:23
I have a wharf that never builds anything for the NPC factions. I have even set the price to 90% and still see not activity.

Must be doing something wrong here.
maybe they don't need to iff they can in there own shipyards
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 15:38

You need to buy every blueprint, not just the best ones. That means the crappy mk 1 and 2 engines, thrusters, all the consumables, etc. When npc factions go to replace one of their ships, you have to have every option available for them so they are more likely to choose your shipyard/wharf over their own. They will also always fit their ships accordingly, paranid ships with paranid equipment, teladi ships are ordered with teladi equipment. Once you do this, you can set the price to 150% and the factions will keep your production lines full. That being said, always get the HOP blueprints first, they will make you rich.

solarie99
x4

Post by solarie99 » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 15:46

What i did, i made a self sustaining shipyard. got all the blueprints and then when it have stacked up all resourced needed 8mill cargo of that. I ramp up the price to 150% and boy the hop order ships like mad. One time it had 10 destroyers 20 smaller ships in order. rofl that was a good day.
but in all honesty they will buy ships in bulk if you can have the shipyard produce fast enough that is have the resources. i usually have sale at 115% as that seem to be best in my game. As the other shipyards struggle to build.
And i deny all other factions to but resources from me. :D

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 20:33

Hello there!

I'm building my own Shipyard too, but for the moment i only have the equipment dock module.
My station is fully supplied, and i saw some Argon ships docked at my dock. And they doesn't seems to do anything. What the hell are the doing?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1712229286

I don't have a lot of equipment blueprints, but if i buy some Argon blueprint equipments, will i sold them to these docked ships? Are they waiting for some upgrades?

Thanks!
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

freedom4135
x3tc

Post by freedom4135 » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 08:11

Make sure your Ship Yards have build drones. Order them in the logic menu. (right click station select logic menu then go to drones). The more build drones your station has the quicker ships are built. Another thing that helps is in the logic menu (same as before) go to your ship fab modules and click on restrict trade. This will stop npc's from queing up ships. But only do it for your ship fabs so npc's will continue to stock your station with supplies.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 08:23

Well, i can confirm that buying some Argon equipments blueprints make Argon ships modify their equipments, then took off. All Argon ships docked to my station are gone now, except one.
Maybe i have to buy even more argon equipments?

I'm not sure if i need building drones as i only have a S/M maintenance dock.
Last edited by Général Grievous on Wed, 17. Apr 19, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 08:53

Général Grievous wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 19, 08:23
Well, i can confirm that buying some Argon equipments blueprints make Argon ships modify their equipments, then took off. All Argon ships docked to my station are gone now, except one.
Maybe i have to buy even more argon equipments?

I'm not sure i need builing drones as i only have a S/M maintenance dock.
Yes you need build drones since they are used to speed up ship refit/build times.

Return to “X4: Foundations”