A Big Thumbs Up for Egosoft Programmers!!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lone_Wolf_3115

A Big Thumbs Up for Egosoft Programmers!!

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 18:53

For quite some time, I have been complaining that "Formation" was Not Working for Fleet Operations.
I have Now Been Convinced That Egosoft Has Been Working Over Time to Fix this problem!! THANKS!!!
I gathered ships into My Squad, Again Found the "Formation" Command, and when a specific Command was Given, I Now See ships Maneuvering to Get Into Position!! As Before, I only saw them Sitting in Space waiting to Be Shot and Destroyed...
When I Give The "Wing Attack My Target" Command, THEY DO JUST THAT!!! In Fact, They More Often than Not Beat me to the target... ;-)
Way To Go Programmers!!! Very Nice Job!!!

r4tch3t
x4

Re: A Big Thumbs Up for Egosoft Programmers!!

Post by r4tch3t » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 20:35

Indeed, I have noticed the formations improving. If stated out for me that formations were the easiest way to maximise the sector as they would just scatter if set in formation and try and fly 100s or 100s of km away from each other.
Then they kind of blobbed into a localised group and constantly got in each others way barely being able to fly across the map in sector.
Then they mostly stayed in formation and didn't take too long to change.
Now it seems they can actually attack and keep formation.
Awesome job guys.

I too think egosoft had done of the best game devs. They are hampered by costs and time constraints though. (I do believe they would have released it much later than they did if finances and such had allowed).
But what they make is to notch in the end.
Even now is an amazing game, I have somewhere around 1000 hours so far and that's in the somewhat empty feeling universe. I can't wait until a year or two once the expansions come out, they've nailed down the gameplay and AI. Plus I'm sure I'll put plenty of hours in between now and then.
The x games for me have by far the highest "hour of entertainment" to dollar ratio.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 21:58

I am seeing some things that would make Life, and thereby Combat Much simpler...
First, it looks as though Larger Ships Work Better with Formation Than Smaller Ones do. Corvettes still Lag Behind Most of the time, and are Not near the area when Needed.
Also, I would be REAL NICE To Find The Command: "Wing Attack My Target" on the Main Flight Screen when I Right Click The Target Instead of HAVING To go to The MAP View to Give That Order...
If I am Far Enough away from my Target to do that, Then The Other Smaller Fighters Do Respond Quickly Enough, But If The Situation Is a Bit Hairy, Then, often, there is No Time To Get to the Map View to Give Commands, and more often than not The Proximity of smaller ships is not in my area of combat. They Lag behind mostly out of My Radar Range.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 22:06

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 21:58
I am seeing some things that would make Life, and thereby Combat Much simpler...
First, it looks as though Larger Ships Work Better with Formation Than Smaller Ones do. Corvettes still Lag Behind Most of the time, and are Not near the area when Needed.
Also, I would be REAL NICE To Find The Command: "Wing Attack My Target" on the Main Flight Screen when I Right Click The Target Instead of HAVING To go to The MAP View to Give That Order...
If I am Far Enough away from my Target to do that, Then The Other Smaller Fighters Do Respond Quickly Enough, But If The Situation Is a Bit Hairy, Then, often, there is No Time To Get to the Map View to Give Commands, and more often than not The Proximity of smaller ships is not in my area of combat. They Lag behind mostly out of My Radar Range.
So much yes, I dont know how the F is it not in 1.0, and then how the F is it not still in 2.5!!!!!!!!!!
This would make combat SO MUCH BETTER just commanding them attack this on the fly, you can imagine how tedious it is on a controller, I totally abounded having personal wings bc of this, its just :evil: :evil: :evil:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

nickolaiproblem
x4

Post by nickolaiproblem » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 00:10

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 22:06
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
So much yes, I dont know how the F is it not in 1.0, and then how the F is it not still in 2.5!!!!!!!!!!
This would make combat SO MUCH BETTER just commanding them attack this on the fly, you can imagine how tedious it is on a controller, I totally abounded having personal wings bc of this, its just :evil: :evil: :evil:
You drop this in the devnet so devs can actually address this at for this beta version

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 00:19

Thanks Nickolaiproblem. I Posted my last under the X4-Evolution Thread...

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 11:11

nickolaiproblem wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 19, 00:10
Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 22:06
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
You drop this in the devnet so devs can actually address this at for this beta version
Guess I have to, still astonished that this was mentioned only now as I can see

You can do it to :)
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 12:03

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Yes, this is needed. I would like the right click menu to automatically put me in mouse cursor mode and be closed by the same key that opens it.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 12:06

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
As workaround, you can give orders with the game paused.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 13:53

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
+1,
even more select/target your ship from cokpit then right-click on enemy to give attack command.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 13:44

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 19, 13:53
+1,
even more select/target your ship from cokpit then right-click on enemy to give attack command.
You Lost me... "Select/Target Your ship", Where, On The MINI MAP??
I believe I have tried that, and it did nothing.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 13:53

I am also finding the Formation does not take the Form I would Expect.

There are External Influences on it, such as Ships Speeds are Variable, so I tried Slowing my ship down to let others get in line...
I Do See them Maneuvering, But I never see them Actually Take Positions I might Expect.

"Echelon" should be a Relatively Straight Line, Ascending To The Rear...?
"Eagle" Should be a rearward "V" with Body Filled In To Talons if Enough Ships are in the Formation.

Ships never seem to get into positions I would expect when Formation "X??" Orders are given...
But, if I get the enemy Close enough to my support to get them into the Fray, they do their part...:-)

Return to “X4: Foundations”