Inventory in 2.5

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Inventory in 2.5

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 05:33

I'm a bit confused. I can see that my NPC controlled ships can now collect items in lockboxes, and can collect other inventory items. I can command them to deposit inventory at my HQ. But, I can't see any way to tell what specific inventory items are on my NPC controlled ships. I can see a list of ships that have inventory on them, but not what the inventory items are.

It would be nice for me to be able to tell, when looking at my list of inventory, where each piece of inventory resides, whether on a ship, my HQ, or in a lockbox. I'm not really a fan of this intangible way in which inventory is handled, where it is not really cargo and seems to follow me around wherever I go.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Inventory in 2.5

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 11:06

Where is that list of ships, I haven't looked into this new inventory, Is this only accessible on HQ?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 01:07

Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 19, 05:33
I'm a bit confused. I can see that my NPC controlled ships can now collect items in lockboxes, and can collect other inventory items. I can command them to deposit inventory at my HQ. But, I can't see any way to tell what specific inventory items are on my NPC controlled ships. I can see a list of ships that have inventory on them, but not what the inventory items are.

It would be nice for me to be able to tell, when looking at my list of inventory, where each piece of inventory resides, whether on a ship, my HQ, or in a lockbox. I'm not really a fan of this intangible way in which inventory is handled, where it is not really cargo and seems to follow me around wherever I go.
Yes you can see inventory items on owned ships. Under ship information it is listed as a pulldown under the captain personal information. There will be a pulldown for inventory items if any were collected by the ship.

The big question I am left asking is how one gets inventory items deposited at the headquarters into your personal inventory?
Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 19, 11:06
Where is that list of ships, I haven't looked into this new inventory, Is this only accessible on HQ?
It is one of the filter tabs in property view. To make it clear this is a feature freshly added in 2.50 which is still in beta, so is not available in live 2.21.

Falcrack
x4

Where did my inventory go?

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 04:25

Playing 2.5 beta patch. I used an AI controlled ship to pick up several items in space, mainly lodestones and unstable crystals. I can tell the captain has picked up these items because when I look at the info for the ship, under the pilot tab, there is a list of inventory items (lodestones and unstable crystals). The ship also is under that tab of "ships with inventory". I give that ship the order to "Deposit inventory". The ship dutifully flies to the HQ, and presumably deposits the inventory, as I no longer see the inventory items under the pilot tab, and the ship in no longer under the "ships with inventory" tab.

I check my inventory after this inventory transfer presumably happened, and I see no lodestones or unstable crystals in my personal inventory. If the inventory was transferred to the HQ, and is not in my personal inventory, I see no way to either see the HQ inventory, or to transfer that HQ inventory to the player inventory. Is this a bug? Is "Deposit Inventory" not working correctly? Or am I just missing something?

graphicboy
xr

Re: Where did my inventory go?

Post by graphicboy » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 05:25

Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 04:25
Playing 2.5 beta patch. I used an AI controlled ship to pick up several items in space, mainly lodestones and unstable crystals. I can tell the captain has picked up these items because when I look at the info for the ship, under the pilot tab, there is a list of inventory items (lodestones and unstable crystals). The ship also is under that tab of "ships with inventory". I give that ship the order to "Deposit inventory". The ship dutifully flies to the HQ, and presumably deposits the inventory, as I no longer see the inventory items under the pilot tab, and the ship in no longer under the "ships with inventory" tab.

I check my inventory after this inventory transfer presumably happened, and I see no lodestones or unstable crystals in my personal inventory. If the inventory was transferred to the HQ, and is not in my personal inventory, I see no way to either see the HQ inventory, or to transfer that HQ inventory to the player inventory. Is this a bug? Is "Deposit Inventory" not working correctly? Or am I just missing something?
You'd have far more luck in the beta forum. They had to hotfix it out because it broke traders.

Until it's fixed, talk to your pilot directly and tell him to hand you his inventory, ie: walk up to him.

Don't use deposit yet.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Where did my inventory go?

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 06:37

Welp, just lost a ton of my valuable inventory then because I put it in a lockbox, then had an AI collect it, and deposit it at my HQ. Won't be doing that again!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 12:10

If it went to the HQ then you didn't lose it. You'll be able to access it once the missing console has been restored in the HQ.

Edit: The fix should be in 2.5 Beta 2 which is available now. Go to the Boron tank room on the HQ and you should see the new console.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 03:19

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 12:10
If it went to the HQ then you didn't lose it. You'll be able to access it once the missing console has been restored in the HQ.

Edit: The fix should be in 2.5 Beta 2 which is available now. Go to the Boron tank room on the HQ and you should see the new console.
I see them now, they aren't gone forever! All my precious illegal goods were in my HQ! That sneaky Boron was hoarding them.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 16:05

Okay, I see that I can access my inventory stuff stored at the HQ. Could we also get a way to view our inventory stored at the HQ, without having to travel back to the HQ and going to the science room? Maybe a way in the inventory screen so we can see all inventory across all locations? If we have inventory scattered on ships, personal inventory, and at the HQ, it can get a bit confusing what we have altogether, and where the items may be located.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 17:35

you can always teleport
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Return to “X4: Foundations”