More shipbuilding problems

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

brekehan
x4

More shipbuilding problems

Post by brekehan » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 07:34

This dock refuses to build my nemesis. I dedicated 12 transports to supplying the thing for the last 4 hours. The station will barely even buy any more. Yet, my ship remains in the queue and hasn't counted down a second. What's the problem?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1713238207

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1713238756
To understand recursion you must first understand recursion.

zazie
x4

Re: More shipbuilding problems

Post by zazie » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 09:11

Very simple: As you can see in your own screenshot 1 the Wharf needs a lot of other resources, not only those shown in Screenshot 2 (don't forget to scroll down in the Trade Window at the Paranid Wharf). As long as the other resources are missing for the other ships in queue, your ship will not be built.
To speed things up order your ship(s) to bring in the other missing ressources manually.

brekehan
x4

Post by brekehan » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 16:26

zazie wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 19, 09:11
Very simple: As you can see in your own screenshot 1 the Wharf needs a lot of other resources, not only those shown in Screenshot 2 (don't forget to scroll down in the Trade Window at the Paranid Wharf). As long as the other resources are missing for the other ships in queue, your ship will not be built.
To speed things up order your ship(s) to bring in the other missing ressources manually.
Sigh.
The wharf will not buy any resources at all...
To understand recursion you must first understand recursion.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 09:00

That's a pity. It looks like the Wharf has stocked too much of Commodity X preventing other commodities being stocked up at necessary levels.

In such a case you might prepare your freighters [full with needed wares] waiting in proximity and then "Hack" one of the Terminals of the Wharf (can't remember which one - production ?). The station will then 'loose' some containers. Now make your freighters dock and restock the Wharf. Repeat if necessary.
As soon as ship production begins, the cargo capacity if the Wharf will allow general restocking of commodities. Be the first to deliver those goodies!

tizubythefizo
x4

Post by tizubythefizo » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 13:10

Build it to minspec instead of loading it up with a full loudout. Then have it fly to an equipment dock for propper outfitting.

I don't know if it's a bug, or something else, but I noticed at Godhand and HOP that the cost to build a fully kitted ship (even a pegasus) required more wares than the station would ever buy.

Had those two things sitting in the queue for 2 days. Decided to try a minspec, and the minspec ship jumped above my others in queue and got almost immediately built (may need to haul a load of engine parts if those are really low).

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 14:42

brekehan wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 19, 07:34
This dock refuses to build my nemesis. I dedicated 12 transports to supplying the thing for the last 4 hours. The station will barely even buy any more. Yet, my ship remains in the queue and hasn't counted down a second. What's the problem?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1713238207

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1713238756
From screenshot 1, the station will still buy a crapload of weapon components ("3 dots" request on the map overlay, which means "large amount". Trade lists are alphabetical and weapon component is the last item, so you'll have to scroll down to se the actual offer.)
From screenshot 2, lower right corner, you will see Missing ressources: weapon components, 1603

Solution: Feed the station some weapon components. Do it manually instead of with auto-traders. They will get the job done eventually, but much much slower than if you give them direct orders.
You may not need to feed all 1600 of them to have your ship build. I think that number is the sum of what's missing for all the queued up ships.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

freedom4135
x3tc

Post by freedom4135 » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 08:17

Make sure your Ship Yards have build drones. Order them in the logic menu. (right click station select logic menu then go to drones). The more build drones your station has the quicker ships are built. Another thing that helps is in the logic menu (same as before) go to your ship fab modules and click on restrict trade. This will stop npc's from queing up ships. But only do it for your ship fabs so npc's will continue to stock your station with supplies.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 15:27

I have a similar issue, but it is not related to insufficient wares. I have ordered a Nemesis at a Paranid wharf, and been feeding the wharf for many many, many hours, using >10 freighters. But, I have also been watching the wharf produce other ships like mad, moving them in front of mine in the queue. It does not matter how much I supply the wharf with goods, some other ship just cuts in line ahead of mine, gets built, and my ship, which I ordered ages ago,keeps getting pushed 2 or 3 or place places down the line. I can tell because I go the the "objects" menu, click on the wharf, click on the "ships in construction" tab, and I can see the construction progress of other ships. I pateiently watch as t]one ship ahead of mine in the queue gets finished, my ship moves up the queue, and then another ship that was below mine in the queue butts in front of mine. Infuriating!!!!!

Scorpion1948
x4

Post by Scorpion1948 » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 18:52

tizubythefizo wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 13:10
Build it to minspec instead of loading it up with a full loudout. Then have it fly to an equipment dock for propper outfitting.

I don't know if it's a bug, or something else, but I noticed at Godhand and HOP that the cost to build a fully kitted ship (even a pegasus) required more wares than the station would ever buy.

Had those two things sitting in the queue for 2 days. Decided to try a minspec, and the minspec ship jumped above my others in queue and got almost immediately built (may need to haul a load of engine parts if those are really low).
I had been waiting for over a week for my Nemesis to build so did as you suggested, set the build to min load-out and sure enough it built within an hour, then off to Argon for refit to what I wanted, all done within 90 minuets.
So thank for the advise.

skunkmonkey
x4

Post by skunkmonkey » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 01:17

I have the same problem. I was hoping that switching to the beta would reveal that they had fixed this game breaking bug, but no dice. This time I made a SINGLE medium ship at the Argon wharf, and that was apparently enough to drain it of shield components indefinitely. That wharf is now dead to me since there don't seem to be ANY factories anywhere that make shield components, and since this is a new game, and I only have 1 ship it's not likely that I will have money to build a shield component factory myself anytime soon *sigh*. Do the devs not play this game themselves? I love the game, but this bug makes it almost unplayable.

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 01:09

Last time I posted about these issues, I was ridiculed off the forum. They said, if you bothered to wait your ship would have been built when its turn came. Hm.

So here I am just trying to get a small fighter from any faction. I've ordered one of each and walked away from the computer for 4 hours. Let's see..

Yeah, the economy's fine. You just have to build your own factories before you can have anything :p

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 07:10

There are a multitude of reasons ships don’t get built, when I first ordered my ships they took days , even weeks went by at one yard. They get built in the end.
I just went off and did other things. Trying to force a build seemed a waist of my time, so i did other things until they popped out.

And to be honest you could have probably found an abandoned ship and claimed it.

Now I have my own vast shipbuilding complex, with all the blue prints. Any ship! when ever I want one. It all get’s a bit too easy latter on. So enjoy your frustrations as they soon evaporate, and you will be wonder what to do next!

:roll:

Return to “X4: Foundations”