Please make partially constructed stations destructible - Improved in 2.60..

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Helken Mootyflops
x4

Re: Please make partially constructed stations destructible.

Post by Helken Mootyflops » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 09:54

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 19, 08:49
The problem is that a module must be at least partially constructed in order for turrets to target it. Without turrets your DPS is trash as you only have your guns.
Yeah, doing exactly as foxglow suggests leads to turrets targeting and firing on the target, but not with 100% consistency - which is to say you might have to re-target the partially constructed module and toggle fire on my target a few times if they don't.

Even beam turrets don't hit from every turret when you do this, either, which I guess detracts further from their already dodgy sustain.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 11:20

If money is no object use torpedos and swarm missiles..the light show is quite spectacular and it will need approx 5 loads with a nemesis/pulsar ( thats for invisible dock module that your turrets wont be able to target)

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 16:20

There MUST BE another way. Here's why:

I did the following:
1. Instruct ships to go after a K which managed to escape somehow.
2. They finish the task and go back to the position they were supposed to protect
3. On the path there is an unfinished defence station
4. 2 ships out of many "noticed" it and started shooting it, so far they destroyed 1 module, they're shooting another now.
5. Telling any other ship to help destroy this station results in failure and message "awaiting orders"

So somehow, these 2 ships know how to destroy an unfinished station...

Anyway, the right thing to do is to fix this bug properly.

Helken Mootyflops
x4

Post by Helken Mootyflops » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 19:17

There must be.

I am not having luck with the kindly offered advice above, always working.

The official fix for the bug, it seems, is difficult because of gameplay concerns.

I mean fair enough, but a majority of time spent in combat gameplay for me at the moment is trying to target a weird glitchy non-item on a station and shooting it over, and over (and over, and over, and over, and over...) again, and sometimes discovering it won't work anyway. So overall watching the sectors where I do business fill up with borked Xenon stations without being able to stop it through gameplay. This feels like a bit of a gameplay concern in itself to me.

I briefly considered spending modding time to periodically check for things that have been brought down to 0% hull and remove them from the game, and had to laugh at that concept. :)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 22:55

Helken Mootyflops wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 19, 09:54
Yeah, doing exactly as foxglow suggests leads to turrets targeting and firing on the target, but not with 100% consistency - which is to say you might have to re-target the partially constructed module and toggle fire on my target a few times if they don't.

Even beam turrets don't hit from every turret when you do this, either, which I guess detracts further from their already dodgy sustain.
With some Xenon stations I have not even been able to get any turrets to fire at them. Some they even started off firing but then stopped half way and refused to fire ever since. The consistency is very poor and they should be firing at the module without explicit target orders anyway.
If money is no object use torpedos and swarm missiles..the light show is quite spectacular and it will need approx 5 loads with a nemesis/pulsar ( thats for invisible dock module that your turrets wont be able to target)
It is still a lot of effort to do something that should not need to be done as your huge Destroyer fleet should mince it in a a minute.

The Xenon should abandon defence station construction when they lose control of the area around it and so remove the plot themselves. This should apply to all factions. That way when they launch an attack they might plonk a station down but soon after when their attack is repelled they remove their incomplete station and wait for the next attack.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 04:03

+1 to OP.
And the 'build storage' system needs to be completely reworked. It needs to be destructible and targettable. Why is it the way it is, really? Was it made like that at game launch because of problems with the AI or issues that arose from stations in construction getting destroyed? Why are they these phantom structures? They must have some kind of crazy stealth technology or something, need to apply it to the rest of the stations and even ships ^^ :?

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 14:21

Didn't CBJ reply to a thread like this and explain that it isn't a problem of being able to implement this but instead a problem of gameplay and that they were thinking about it?
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 15:51

Slashman wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 19, 14:21
Didn't CBJ reply to a thread like this and explain that it isn't a problem of being able to implement this but instead a problem of gameplay and that they were thinking about it?
Yes, CBJ's response is quoted in the second post of this article. I don't know how they are going to implement it but, constant delays don't help either. Granted, there are many problems to fix but, this one has been a fairly major issue for quite a while now.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

valos
x4

Post by valos » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 17:45

If you look more closer you gonna understand the construction build suppose to be the 'build storage' on the start (like in XR but reusable).
After the animation of the build ship, you can see the "dock" for storage on the side.

i agree whit the post station need to be destructible for réel at last.
l'organisation est la base de tout succès
dual boot (64bit): mageia 3/win 7
16,0 Go DDR4 Canal-Double en 14-14-14-35;
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (3.2 ghz); RX480 8Gb

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 17:21

I can live with the current way to kill the partial stations if they can just clean up the build storage at some point afterwards. Also cut back on the spamming of defense stations. The 'war' gets boring when it's:
- Fly to forever under-construction defense station.
- Target modules
- Turn on SETA.

I'd rather see real fleet invasions that soften an area up and then drop a defense station while ships stay to defend it. Then they can range out and maul the sector further and run back to 'home' if they get in trouble.

Right now I just camp the gates and pop builder ships that they send non-stop to try and build endless 'factories' Also factions you are enemies with ought to respond to your presence in controlled sectors with more force. Right now they just seem to not care if I run around cleaning out their sector of transports, miners and stations unless I happen to stumble onto a capitol and fire on it.

Helken Mootyflops
x4

Post by Helken Mootyflops » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 19:18

photomankc wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 17:21
I can live with the current way to kill the partial stations if they can just clean up the build storage at some point afterwards. Also cut back on the spamming of defense stations. The 'war' gets boring when it's:
- Fly to forever under-construction defense station.
- Target modules
- Turn on SETA.
Yeah this describes my current gameplay experience, too. It seems to take a very long time to destroy them, too, to the extent that they are starting new stations while I'm still destroying the old ones.

Can't really play the war game like this, because there's no room for other combat gameplay when you have to be personally present to destroy each of an ever growing list of glitched out stations. There's not much room for fun, either.

Sanshy
x4

Post by Sanshy » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 02:38

This is a well known issue but still not fixed ...

IT IS A END GAME - GAME BREAKER ISSUE THAT NEEDS IMMEDIATE FIX.

I am fed up by this bug it makes the micro management being ..... unmanageable.

The AI can deal with 9999999 ships at once, I am just a human with 2 hands.

Please egosift HELP!

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 03:47

An interesting decease.

Landed on my new station, then found the dock was in the wrong place, so went into plan build. And moved it to where it needs to be. All good!!
Then my ship starts to decompose along with the dock, I leap out to see the dock get deconstructed, beneath me. And my ship also getting infected. By the time I tried to get back aboard the ship was too far gone. The game then failed.
Restated the game, ship at beginning stage of decomposing !!! Mad dash to get docked at the closest dock. Leap out and ship continues to decompose. Help.!!

Then snap it is there in a not so good condition. No ladder, No dash, all the luxurys have been stripped out of her. Yiks. Still fly’s around ok. But with non of those useless dash patches. Put SETA on, no white window boarder! Yah. good. I find that to be too bright. Good that it has gone.
Zoom back to see the dock get rebuilt in its new position.
This new Dash look will probably only last for this game session, But I like it.
:roll:

Helken Mootyflops
x4

Post by Helken Mootyflops » Thu, 30. May 19, 20:27

Hello people who posted on this. Has anyone who is playing, noticed whether this Is fixed in 2.50 please?

If it is, I will probably install and dive in, but it's a bit difficult for me to quickly check at the moment. :)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 30. May 19, 21:32

Why they just can't make it that of unconstructed station is approached (because AI refuse to shoot) by hostile ships it is automatically destroyed?

I don't want any ****** IS + SETA bypass if I can just point & click in map OOS.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 01:07

Axeface wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 19, 04:03
+1 to OP.
And the 'build storage' system needs to be completely reworked. It needs to be destructible and targettable. Why is it the way it is, really? Was it made like that at game launch because of problems with the AI or issues that arose from stations in construction getting destroyed? Why are they these phantom structures? They must have some kind of crazy stealth technology or something, need to apply it to the rest of the stations and even ships ^^ :?
Absolutely this.

It's such a game breaker right now how much of a pain in the rear unfinished stations and build storages are.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 16:29

I just watched the U tube to destroy the station, ! … I play with no guns, and watched the U tube to see what all the fuss is about ! Well ! What a boring pass time shooting that station is ! Is that what you lot do ?

I Still can not figure out why you do it, Those stations have been in my game for ages, they seem inert. So I ignore them. They make a nice colour change to all the blue on the map. So as far as I can see the red stations can be left alone. They are dormant. So why waist time on them. ???

What I want is to trade with them, get my Xenon rank to increase. And for them to become friendly.

Is there a way to do that instead of killing them. ???

:roll:

PieMan123
x4

Post by PieMan123 » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 07:23

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Sat, 1. Jun 19, 16:29

I Still can not figure out why you do it, Those stations have been in my game for ages, they seem inert. So I ignore them. They make a nice colour change to all the blue on the map. So as far as I can see the red stations can be left alone. They are dormant. So why waist time on them. ???
They need to go if one wishes to take over a sector, can not make a sector your own while there are enemy structures in it. I think that is the only reason one would even consider destroying defense platforms :)) I mean it`s space doooh can just go around your defense platform :)). So they defend the sector by simply being there and doing nothing but be near impossible to be destroyed :))).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 10:33

Please note that this thread is somewhat out of date, and that with 2.60 (currently in Beta), station destruction issues should be much improved.

Return to “X4: Foundations”