Venture Ship Names !

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Venture Ship Names !

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 10:04

Can the Pilots who name there venture ships be a bit more imaginative !
You send out your ship with a dumb names such as “ Del2854. “
What lame nameage ! Yes nameage is that?

Your representative is a guest in my space, ( that I payed for ) and you make me read a stupid ship name in bright Yellow.

May I suggest a venture ship name rule!
You have to be more creative with your venture ship name, as this is a reflection of who the ships owner is and how intelligent they are!

Some of my venture ship names !

Sorry, I am lost, where is the Exit.
I am a spy, so watch out.
Oops ! Took a wrong turn.
STOP your under arrest.
Have you see my cat?

I am sure you can do better than me, So all you X4 venture ship captains / owners, be creative and start making this game more fun. Or silly, or what ever. But Honestly Del2854 is plane boring.

:roll:

LameFox
x4

Re: Venture Ship Names !

Post by LameFox » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 10:21

Isn't the bright yellow name the user who sent the ship? For some reason that is displayed more prominently than the actual ship name.
***modified***

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 19:31

Oh Dear ! That reply says it all! ( I know the bright yellow is the default colour ( Derrr ) ) :wink:

What I am requesting is the user, uses their imagination more imaginatively and thinks up a funny name. So the bright in your face name is worthy of my attention. :o

I think I might be wishing for something too complicated from some of the ship owners. :mrgreen:

:roll:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 21:07

'Please return if found (reward)'.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 22:35

I always use the most egregious NSFW names in my native language. That even includes stations in savegames I send in bug reports... ;)
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Return to “X4: Foundations”