Civ Kills

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SPiDER
x4

Civ Kills

Post by SPiDER » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 10:24

I would like to know if the following behaviour is 1. Correct and 2. Whether anyone else has experiance and or different experiance of this.

I am approaching a dock that has several of my ships docked at with active "attack all enemies" turrets....suddenly there he is! a red civ quick target it ,kill it and grab the steak....damn wasnt quick enough my Gorgon killed it first..

Ehh whats this I'm being sanctioned for an un-authorised kill....but I didnt shoot anything??????

:)

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Re: Civ Kills

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 10:32

The other thing that happens frequently is the other ship will hit the station and trigger a whole pile of dog do.

Even setting the station red and starting it firing at you.

Lesson number one. Never approach NPC stations with turrets set to attack all enemies.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 12:32

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 10:32
Lesson number one. Never approach NPC stations with turrets set to attack all enemies.
:lol: Totally agree with that!
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 12:46

On this Thought, Civilian RED, Is there Any Way to ever get them Neutral Again??

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 16:02

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 12:46
On this Thought, Civilian RED, Is there Any Way to ever get them Neutral Again??
If by civilian you mean the mass traffic ships that turn red, I think those are just criminal ships that you can freely kill to repair faction standing. No point trying to turn them back.

OP should not be getting punished for them dying as far as I know, unless his ships are unintentionally killing others at the same time. It might just be a bug though. Normally you can kill these all day long and as long as you don't hit something friendly, nobody minds.
***modified***

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 17:31

LameFox wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 16:02
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
If by civilian you mean the mass traffic ships that turn red, I think those are just criminal ships that you can freely kill to repair faction standing. No point trying to turn them back.

OP should not be getting punished for them dying as far as I know, unless his ships are unintentionally killing others at the same time. It might just be a bug though. Normally you can kill these all day long and as long as you don't hit something friendly, nobody minds.
The thing is if his turrets are kill kill kill, when a civ ship turns criminal aka red, they just shoot all over the place and hit mostly the station that turns red, next thing you know the whole faction is up your butt
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 00:01

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 17:31
..next thing you know the whole faction is up your butt
Well, you get a long way with a proper 'star formation', just do not let them turn it into a moon. ;)
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

ei8htx
x4

Post by ei8htx » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 01:04

Red-Spot wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 19, 00:01
Buzz2005 wrote:
..next thing you know the whole faction is up your butt
Well, you get a long way with a proper 'star formation', just do not let them turn it into a moon. ;)
:o Did I read that right?

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 08:17

If you really want to upset a whole sector real quick, have a whole squad/wing set turrets to attack all enemies. Fly to an NPC station and wait for the inevitable criminal to appear.

Watch the "light show" for a few seconds then fly to the next station ... Make sure your formation is line a breast
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 11:07

LameFox wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 16:02
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
No, I have seen Red for a Criminal at Bases, and those are OK To Kill. I Knocked off several Bases from SCA, and as they went down, I saw Red Ships coming off them, that were Civilian, Shuttle Busses, and Passenger Transports and such. They did not Carry The "Criminal" label, as they would if launching from A Station where they had Just Robbed someone...

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 11:11

Buzz2005 wrote:
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
The thing is if his turrets are kill kill kill, when a civ ship turns criminal aka red, they just shoot all over the place and hit mostly the station that turns red, next thing you know the whole faction is up your butt
I have my Turrets set to Attack My Current Target, not All Enemies, so If I approach a station, They don't Fire unless I click on Something...

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 11:32

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 19, 11:11
Buzz2005 wrote:
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
I have my Turrets set to Attack My Current Target, not All Enemies, so If I approach a station, They don't Fire unless I click on Something...
you like to live dangerously 8)
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 20:43

I have a fleet in Pious Mist defending the area of space where the Kha'ak keep spawning. I flew into the sector on my flag ship and parked up while I went off to make a coffee.

When I got back my reputation with the Paranid had dropped and one of their stations in the sector had disappeared. Oops. Seems my being in the vicinity must have triggerred a fire fight between my fleet and the station.

So that was the only NPC station apart from Xenon that I have destroyed.

Return to “X4: Foundations”