Ansel

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dufeu
x4

Ansel

Post by Dufeu » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 10:39

I was just wondering, will there ever be support for ansel in the game, is alot easier then hit ctrl+h ect ...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Ansel

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 14:53

I don't know it personally but it is a Nvidia facility for capturing and post-processing images from computer gaming. Therefore surely it is up to Nvidia to do the interfacing necessary to allow it to be used while in just about any game? Yes, you will have to prepare the screen by removing HUD clutter etc first.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Dufeu
x4

Post by Dufeu » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 01:58

so u say its up to nvidia that we can capture 3D screenshots from games and not the devolpers?

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 02:12

https://developer.nvidia.com/Ansel

Its engine specific i think but there is a sdk for devs to try support it but they need to be a member of gameworks for dev support if needed i think.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 05:02

Dufeu wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 01:58
so u say its up to nvidia that we can capture 3D screenshots from games and not the devolpers?
Capturing any kind of screenshots would be an improvement for X4.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 05:10

You should be able to do prntscreen to take a screenshot without ansel or use steams overlay screenshot feature default F12

As desc here. (its a quote)

Play the game and, when you want to take a screenshot, press the "screenshot shortcut key" that was configured in the prior step. By default, this is F12. Exit the game so that you're back in the Steam application. The "Screenshot Uploader" window will come up. If not right click on steam icon and select screenshots.

If on gog, dunno, probs something out there for it.
[ external image ]

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 07:10

Skeeter wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 05:10
You should be able to do prntscreen to take a screenshot without ansel or use steams overlay screenshot feature default F12

As desc here. (its a quote)

Play the game and, when you want to take a screenshot, press the "screenshot shortcut key" that was configured in the prior step. By default, this is F12. Exit the game so that you're back in the Steam application. The "Screenshot Uploader" window will come up. If not right click on steam icon and select screenshots.

If on gog, dunno, probs something out there for it.
Negative.
adeine wrote:
Wed, 27. Feb 19, 13:40
I would like the option to take ingame screenshots.

Haven't found a non-invasive way to successfully take any, and enabling Nvidia's overlay makes performance absolutely tank. PrintScreen gives me either solid black or one of the first frames rendered by the game (Egosoft logo).
adeine wrote:
Wed, 27. Feb 19, 20:51
Socratatus wrote:
Wed, 27. Feb 19, 19:15

Me neither.
You could try the GE force experience utility, that will do the job.
As I said, enabling the overlay which allows this function destroys game performance for me. If I had to guess it seems like some sort of incompatibility with G-Sync.

And before people point it out: GOG does have an overlay/screenshot function similar to Steam's, but either Egosoft have not enabled this functionality or it isn't working with the game (it works fine with other titles). Pressing the key combination does nothing (brings up the windows cursor, as if alt tabbing the game, but nothing else happens), and trying the screenshot key produces no results.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 07:35

Ah so u are on gog version then. As steam screenshot method works for me as i tested it when you asked about how to take any screenshot.

Theres always fraps. That should work.

Also if you use steam but not the steam version you can always add x4 as a non steam game to ur library there and enable steams overlay so u can have a fps counter or use their screenshot system method. I think. Depends if gogs exe doesnt like being opened by steam.
[ external image ]

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 08:25

Ansel is very different to just taking screenshots, its amazing to be honest. It pauses the game and allows you to use a free camera, add post process effects and then it can upscale screenshots too. Its very cool and it would be nice if it was added to the game.

Return to “X4: Foundations”