about Digital Seminar

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

_RA
x4

about Digital Seminar

Post by _RA » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 08:58

Hallo
This weres, Digital Seminars (pilot, boarding, morale etc.) Do they work at all ?? How use it? Maybe some guidence? Any explanation will be good. Thanks

Buzz2005
x4

Re: about Digital Seminar

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 09:47

nope, still not implemented, but keep hoarding them one day all your crew will jump to 5 star heaven

or use a mod 8)
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 12:01

At the moment they are useless and I doubt this is going to change anytime soon. They were implemented in XR already, so Egosoft must have had good reasons to remove them in the first place.

(They were also kind of an annoyance in XR and X4 has an autolevelling system instead)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 13:46

I (and most likely many of us) wish that they were implemented with actual functionality, but on a second thought, what if Egosoft is planning something along the lines of doing Training Centers (like the marine training outposts from X3TC)? That would be cool and could entirely replace the seminars. Just send your employee there, pay the price, wait it out, and you get a fully trained employee. Just like in real life! (/s :< )

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 17:26

That is what I am wishing for as well. Nobody who remembers how it worked in XR wants that system back. You only had 3 employees per Capital and it still was tedious, annoying and just not worthwhile using those seminars.
Now we have 150 crew members on a ship.

A "Crew Management" patch introducing better mass crew management, hiring and training would benefit X4 a lot imo but this goes all aboard offtopic now, kind of.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 17:55

I'd love X3 style training academy where I could just dich 500 crew, pay the fee and get back once their trained.
XR system was nightmare, digital seminars will be tedious really fast.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 05:52

On the topic of training, what is the best way to train pilots up to 3 stars in a vanilla game? I tried getting a bunch of freigthers and assigning them as subordinates to a station buying and selling stuff, but after letting the game run overnight, not a single one of them has budged up in level. Same with autominers, not a one of them increased at all in level. I had bought a bunch of miners, and the ones that were 3 stars or higher, I transferred to freighters, and moved the less skilled pilots to the mining ships.
The only ones that seem to increase in level, are the autotraders. But as they are already above 3 stars, a fat lot of good that does me. I want to take the ones that are 2 stars, and move them up to at least 3! How do we do this?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 15:25

Last i played miners got skillups in management, so i had a bunch of high level managers but none with high level piloting/morale. On top of that if a trade fails for whatever reason the pilots loose morale and i don't ever see that skill increase during any activity (perhaps excluding fights).

Think the 2 ways are sending your pilots in fighters against enemies, or spamming the ship buy button to get a 3 star guy. Latter is definitely the most effective if time and cash spent is important for you.

I don't like the seminar idea unless it can be utilized remotely in larger batches but i don't believe ES considers UI with high enough prio for that seeing how mass transfer is still not existing.
Trade centers would be the best option imo but that needs even more dev resources (UI changes + new station module).
Pity there is such a neglect regarding UI polish and QoL features :(

PaperDog

Post by PaperDog » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 20:21

Just like in real life, One has to put the baby pilots to task, for the experience. given them the basic pilot seminars, then I usually train a squad efficiently enough... by patrolling a sector (i.e. The Reach - where pirates are plentiful but not too dangerous.) I task the pilots to attack the stragglers. A couple of rounds like that and its not long before they evolve to three star pilots. In capitol ships, crewman can evolve to 5 star engineer pretty fast in two ways: 1) During full scale battles, even if you pilot the ship yourself... 2) Builders projects. If they are assigned to a supply ship (aka builder) they evolve as engineers very fast. Marines get better with more battles. Usually, if I get a three star fighter pilot (of at least 2.5 or higher) I re assign them as crew member/ marine / or manager in one of my facilities. The trick is to task them according to the best skills in their collection, followed by the next best and so on.
PaperDog

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 20:51

Please don't resurrect old threads from before the seminars were even working as they are now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”