Station supply mission bug

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ezarkal
x4

Station supply mission bug

Post by Ezarkal » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 00:56

Here's a small issue I have with a "station in need of supply" type mission.

I currently have one such mission where I have to resupply a medical facility above 50% of every wares it consumes.
Problem is, "every wares it consumes" includes the medical supplies the station produces. It's currently below the mission's threshold, but since it's produced by the station, I can't deliver any to complete the mission.

In my current case it's not really a problem: The station is currently at 48%, and it should fill itself up above the mission's requirement over the next few minutes by itself, and I'll win the mission anyway.
But I guess it's a potential bug anytime this type of mission will concern a medical or food station, so I thought I'd give a heads up anyway.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Station supply mission bug

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 02:32

Ezarkal wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 00:56
Here's a small issue I have with a "station in need of supply" type mission.

I currently have one such mission where I have to resupply a medical facility above 50% of every wares it consumes.
Problem is, "every wares it consumes" includes the medical supplies the station produces. It's currently below the mission's threshold, but since it's produced by the station, I can't deliver any to complete the mission.

In my current case it's not really a problem: The station is currently at 48%, and it should fill itself up above the mission's requirement over the next few minutes by itself, and I'll win the mission anyway.
But I guess it's a potential bug anytime this type of mission will concern a medical or food station, so I thought I'd give a heads up anyway.
I think this is a well known bug but might be a low priority fix. The correct behaviour for the mission would be that it needs to be filled up to 50% of the desired amount of all wares it consumes, and not 50% of the capacity of all wares it consumes. Under that meaning it would already have 100% of the Medical Supplies it needs and hence the mission would complete.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 15:31

Guess the station has a habitat so it needs med supplies.
Logic should exclude any produced wares probably.
And on top of that consider the amount needed by manager instead of capacity as Imperial Good suggested.

Never picked these missions as really often they wanted me to deliver wares that had no buy offers - think always for one of the above 2 reasons.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 18:48

pref wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 15:31
Never picked these missions as really often they wanted me to deliver wares that had no buy offers - think always for one of the above 2 reasons.
If there is no buy offer then that means an AI trader is already solving it for you and will be delivering the wares shortly. I always accept these missions as many even auto complete once accepted.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 20:22

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 18:48
If there is no buy offer then that means an AI trader is already solving it for you and will be delivering the wares shortly. I always accept these missions as many even auto complete once accepted.
Or it's for a ware that will not get any trade offers posted for 10s of game hours.
Had a couple of those some time ago.

Return to “X4: Foundations”