How do I see the ship's current command

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

How do I see the ship's current command

Post by user1679 » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 12:35

Is there a way to see what a ship is currently doing? The "cancel current command" option doesn't tell you what command it is
currently following. If you command a ship to take a long trip, there's a chance you may not remember what you told it to do...

I looked all over the menus while my pilot flew us around but couldn't find anything. I remember in X3 the UI would tell you what a
ship was up to (eg: jumping to Argon Prime, flying to Argon Shipyard, etc.).

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: How do I see the ship's current command

Post by Tomonor » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 13:18

Yes, in fact, ships (captains) can now execute chains of commands. To see the current chain, you have to get onto the Information tab of the ship and there will be a Behaviour tab button on the top left corner. That's where you can set different default behaviours for the said ship, but it will also show you the command chain. You can add, remove, reorganize the command priority.

Be warned though, because a wrongly organized command chain might hold back the ship from functioning properly. For instance, it took me a few days to find out why can't I upgrade my ship, only to realise it had a command stuck that kept it from executing that process.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 13:27

Thank you @repatomonor, I didn't even notice the behavior button. The UI is a little unintuitive, even selecting the current
ship seems to take more cicks than necessary.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 13:38

user1679 wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 13:27
Thank you @repatomonor, I didn't even notice the behavior button. The UI is a little unintuitive, even selecting the current
ship seems to take more cicks than necessary.
Yeah, that's a signature of X games, always improving the GUI in future builds. But this still works.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 14:57

Displaying current command would be really nice in the object list.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 17:14

They do have a little icon to the right of the ship name in the object/property list, which gives a clue as to what the ship is doing. There is also the InfoCenter mod which gives more detailed information than is shown in vanilla.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 12:59

Already exists,
Go to the X4 Nexus, or Scripts and Modding section for X4 here

Grab the GUI Workaround API
and Info Center, the latter of which is a mod for the former that integrates a new tab on the menu that is left of gameplay screen which shows all of your property and what they are currently doing, proceeding to do, be it travel, trade to and from what, in simple terms it is a run down menu of your stuff and what command or action that it is taking currently.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Return to “X4: Foundations”