Technology

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Technology

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 21:08

Technology

We have battle status, we have trading status. Both allow us to gain rank and acquire more as the game progresses.
I would like to see a Technology status introduced, This could be used to reduce the availability of certain high tech components. I know this is kind of in the game with the other two , but I think to make some of the weapons less effective, and the engines, thrusters more mundane could work. Attaining a Tech level so you can upgrade your existing weapons, engines, thrusters. But also your factory quality could also be included.
It used to be, you had to go to a certain station to get the better ships/weapons. Now you can build whatever you want once you have enough cash (and rank) again I know this is sort of in the game, but it is all way too easy.
Having a wider gradient in weapon effectiveness, a larger selection of engine components to make your engines better. A more advanced storage capability to your trading ships. Would add more dimension to this rather flat game.

I have several shipyards, I have all the blue prints. I can at the drop of a hat build what ever I want. And it's ready in a couple of minuets. Too easy…

Introducing the Tech side to the game could slow this easy advancement. And like all Tech it gets superseded over time! Yes it is less effective and needs it’s self to be updated.
I know there is the crafting table thing, but that is like a school room desk for children. Having a Tech station with boffins woking inside developing your next upgrade, then getting your ship in to make the changes. Like the shipyard but only for Tech stuff.
A Custom shop, that needs clever management by you to get the upgrades to work properly. ( and they degrade over time, so you have to service it again )

My ships look incomplete! Inside and out. Where is my scanner? Version 1,2,3,4 & 5? Etc. can be applied to other things. !

Constant upgrading/servicing. As we are it’s too easy.

Having a message blink on the dash to show my thruster has lost power and needs to be serviced.
My ships that are waiting in dock for when a fight brakes out, Oh! They haven't been kept up to date and are less effective. Old…

Am I asking too much?
:roll:

graphicboy
xr

Re: Technology

Post by graphicboy » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 00:35

I think you'd kill the game doing this, at this point. I believe there's a mod that deteriorates your ships - haven't tried it, no interest.

I do however agree the game is far too easy, or ... is that really the right word?

In X3, there was something inherently "smooth" with starting a new game. That whole damn game is "smooth", despite its flaws.

This one feels simultaneously rushed and pointless from a gameplay perspective. "I have to do what before I can start trading? Really?"

Furthermore, there's so...much UI, and we haven't really gotten to the point of the overkill mods. I can't imagine trying to fit something like ... the one that managed your combat fleets for you, that you could summon with a hotkey and they'd warp in... that monster... into the game. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone with lots of free time will pull a LU on this.

Return to “X4: Foundations”