Station trader control

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grytulv
x4

Station trader control

Post by grytulv » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 23:05

Hi

Is there any way you can control what wares a station subordinate trader is trading? I have set up an engine component complex, and i only want the subordinate trader to sell the engine components. I have miners and an energy cell facility and i dont want the trader to buy or sell any intermediate products. Only the end product

//grytulv

SPiDER
x4

Re: Station trader control

Post by SPiDER » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 00:22

up to 2.0 you could..after 2.0 no....however after 2.0 Station trader improvement was by orders of magnitude.but I like some others would like to see a modicum of control returned to player control

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 00:56

grytulv wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 23:05
Hi

Is there any way you can control what wares a station subordinate trader is trading? I have set up an engine component complex, and i only want the subordinate trader to sell the engine components. I have miners and an energy cell facility and i dont want the trader to buy or sell any intermediate products. Only the end product

//grytulv
Have you tried restricting all but the final product?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 12:16

Restrictions does not help, they only restrict NPC ships buying from you, all you autotraders and subordinates still do whatever they want with all station's wares
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

grytulv
x4

Post by grytulv » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 12:32

Yeah, there are no way to restrict the wares. All station products are showing under orders, but are greyed out and cannot be modified. Should be possible to remove the wares from this autogenerated list maybe to better control the subordinates? What do others do to control the wareflow of their complexes?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 12:42

I used mods that open the tab, but its broken in 2.5 beta, probably will get updated in stable version
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

grytulv
x4

Post by grytulv » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 12:51

Which mod was that?

Im currently running the beta. This is my second run at X4 after 1.32 so wanted to try it out, was not aware if this had worked before or not.

grytulv
x4

Post by grytulv » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 17:28

Restricting trade with other factions for intermediate products seems to work. I now have 2 traders selling engine parts as i want

Kernel Panic
x3tc

Post by Kernel Panic » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 20:20

I really wish they would let us manage what wares our ships trade in. I don't have a problem if the AI factions want to buy E-cells from my Smart Chip chip factory. I just don't want my freighters hauling E-cells instead of Silicon Wafers or Smart Chips.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 00:13

Restricting the individual wares in the logical overview seems to work for me.

nickolaiproblem
x4

Post by nickolaiproblem » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 00:31

grytulv wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 23:05
Hi

//grytulv
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=412016 is this mod your talking about

Kernel Panic
x3tc

Post by Kernel Panic » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 02:54

martimus wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 00:13
While that will keep the player's ships from trading those wares, it will also keep the NPC faction ships from docking and buying those wares.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 05:08

Kernel Panic wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 02:54
martimus wrote:
While that will keep the player's ships from trading those wares, it will also keep the NPC faction ships from docking and buying those wares.
Why would he want to let the NPC ships buy his intermediate wares? Isn't that what he is trying to avoid? I'm confused.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 05:30

martimus wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 05:08
Kernel Panic wrote:
martimus wrote:
Why would he want to let the NPC ships buy his intermediate wares? Isn't that what he is trying to avoid? I'm confused.
Once they're fully stocked, you may very well want to sell them. Note that adjusting price will keep them from going too low (50-60%). Nothing worse than a full stock of everything, and your main product(s) aren't selling.

grytulv
x4

Post by grytulv » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 11:32

Some of my challenges is when i don't restrict intermediate products, subordinates buy/sell the wares without logic. A medium trader might randomly go and sell 160 energy sells when end product storage are full, and shipyards/wharfs are screaming for those wares. The most optimal here is to ofc sell the surplus of the intermediate wares, while having priority of the end products as demands shift in the market. If I produce too much engine parts at a given time, i could ie sell the surplus refined metals or antimatter cells.

I've looked at the warehouse mod but that gives you more like a trading station functionality, what I'm after here is to control how complexes and its subordinates behave in terms of input/output and automation.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 12:07

Kernel Panic wrote:
martimus wrote:
Nope, not im my game, I restricted all my wares but still my autotraders and station subordinates did trade with all my wares

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 13:30

grytulv wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 11:32
Some of my challenges is when i don't restrict intermediate products, subordinates buy/sell the wares without logic. A medium trader might randomly go and sell 160 energy sells when end product storage are full, and shipyards/wharfs are screaming for those wares. The most optimal here is to ofc sell the surplus of the intermediate wares, while having priority of the end products as demands shift in the market. If I produce too much engine parts at a given time, i could ie sell the surplus refined metals or antimatter cells.

I've looked at the warehouse mod but that gives you more like a trading station functionality, what I'm after here is to control how complexes and its subordinates behave in terms of input/output and automation.
"Priority" seems to be completely missing, just FYI.

grytulv
x4

Post by grytulv » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 13:45

graphicboy wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 13:30
grytulv wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 11:32

"Priority" seems to be completely missing, just FYI.
Yea, so it seems. I'll put it on my very own personal wishlist for future features :)

Kernel Panic
x3tc

Post by Kernel Panic » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 08:42

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 12:07
Kernel Panic wrote:
martimus wrote:
Nope, not im my game, I restricted all my wares but still my autotraders and station subordinates did trade with all my wares
Then I have to ask: Were they still trading them with the NPCs or just with your other stations?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 09:53

Yes mainly with my stations that where is the same sector

BUT I have caught some trading to NPC stations and especially autotraders did always buy from my stations bc of the lowest price

every ware was restricted and I even ticked the box in information tab under the manager

I really hate subs and lack of configuration, sometimes when I need them to buy the infamous energy cells from my energy station in the same sector NOPE FU let it all shutdown

not even the cool cargo drone exchange is not reliable

Return to “X4: Foundations”