Bug? - now with workaround (guess the topic!)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

skunkmonkey
x4

Bug? - now with workaround (guess the topic!)

Post by skunkmonkey » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 04:30

I've run out of satellites, so I've searched the galaxy for a wharf or equipment dock with the materials to build them. ALI Paranid Wharf in Trinity Sanctum VII has plenty of materials, so I went there... I get the infamous eternal "There is a scheduled upgrade for this ship" message, even though the wharf has 168,611 energy cells, and 2,770 scanning arrays. My upgrade only needs 50 of each.

When I submit my order it says "Everything is OK" in green, with no warning messages. Anyone know what might be the problem here? I have +7 reputation, and I've even tried only buying a single satellite without success. This is really killing my ability to trade since I only have satellites in a few systems, and I can't seem to build any more.

I'm playing in Beta if that helps.

Thanks

*edit*
I'm sure this is a bug. If I build a brand new small ship with 50 satellites it builds immediately with no problems. Devs, please log this.

tero
x4

Re: Bug?

Post by tero » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 07:12

Did you look if there are still orders for the ship? Sometimes old orders like 'dock at' etc aren't removed and they effectivley halt the upgrade. I had this a few time and after i canceled all orders except 'upgrade ship' it started within a second.
Waat dat wat? Dat waat wat!

Xcaliber
x4

Post by Xcaliber » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 09:27

tero has the solution. If you select your own ship and then select information, go to the orders tab and delete all orders then you should be able to restock them again.

nage83
x4

Post by nage83 » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 14:56

Am I having a similar bug? I just bought my first upgrade for my basic Paranid Perseus ship and that is docking software level 1. But ship is not being upgraded and I can't use it unless I cancel the upgrade. It's a simple software upgrade, does station need materials for software also? Is this a joke or a bug?

INSANEcyborg
x4

Post by INSANEcyborg » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 15:22

If canceling any existing orders still doesn't work, try getting up from the captains seat.

skunkmonkey
x4

Post by skunkmonkey » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 17:56

Thanks guys, you were indeed correct

Sanshy
x4

Re: Bug? - now with workaround (guess the topic!)

Post by Sanshy » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 13:06

If you make the ship dock (the best example is let’s say an XL ship) to the pier and you ask a retrofit or upgrade, it will not happen at the pier but at the XL shipyard in this case facility. So it’s confusing at the beginning. I saw the XL ship undocking despite I ask the upgrade ! Actually the poor ship was just undocking from the pier to go to the shipyard XL bay module...
Same apply for S/M ships between docking pad and S/M wharf or dock module.
Also as mention, check the list of command, a previous one like dock and wait can prevent the ship to continue further down the line.

Return to “X4: Foundations”