Oh Dear! 1982hrs How Many do YOU have

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Socratatus
x4

Re: Oh Dear! 1982hrs How Many do YOU have

Post by Socratatus » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 12:20

I never like these `look at me I did X amount of hours` threads.

They mean very little since someone can leave the pc on overnight then boast they know all about the game.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 12:42

I feel humbled by your time, people.
I have mere 279 hours since the first Linux beta was out (feb. 26), and I am a married 45-year old with another "50 h weekly" job. I don't know where I get the hours to play X4, but I do. I am deeply addicted to it.
I have to say that almost all my hours are actively playing. I almost never let the game unattended, so far I did that just twice (once overnight - about 8 h, once in a four-hour absence).
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 12:46

Socratatus wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 12:20

They mean very little since someone can leave the pc on overnight then boast they know all about the game.
simple then lets have 2 categories, overnighters and active
and its not a pointless thread, Im actually glad to see I dont play as much as I think :)
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 13:03

Olfrygt wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 11:23
About 290hours and i haven no idea what to do anymore. The NPC can easily defend the Xenon forces without any help of mine, the Khaak don't leave their structures.
In my current playthrough I do not find either is truely the case - the Kha'ak maybe relatively quiet but they do go on raids, I have taken to setting up a Task Force in one of the main race sectors with one of the Kha'ak structures. As for the Xenon, I have set up a number of task forces to help keep them in check - the main race factions are barely effective at keeping the Xenon under control.

As for what to do without a story to follow, there are plenty of options.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 13:12

Socratatus wrote:

I think you are missing the point - this is not really about time equating to knowledge, this is more about people just enjoying the game. Some are surprised by the amount of compute real-time they have spent on it - whether a significant portion of that time is AFK is moot.

Build times for ships and stations are quite a big time sink and if you avoid using SETA the time can quite quickly build up.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 22:30

foxglow wrote:
Sun, 21. Apr 19, 22:08
Yellowman wrote:
Sun, 21. Apr 19, 21:46
foxglow wrote:
Sun, 21. Apr 19, 18:15
:oops: Erm, when I saw that figure on my Steam account with the hours I have so far put in to X4 Foundations I thought, "Have I even gone to bed since release!!"

Obviously I reckon about a quarter of that time is made up of when I've left the game running over night, which is quite often.

The reason for this thread is just out of my own interest, so I don't feel so guilty :oops:
I can and do play a lot of hour's now in any game I enjoy as I am a retired old git, so may be have more free time than most gamer's, but would really like to see if any one else has as yet reached this amount of hours in game :D

Cheers Folks \o/

188 hours no Seta but with kids, a 50 hour job and i go outside once in a while.

Oh, there is some where else to go? I almost forgot the out side existed..hehe. Cool, I do remember when working that time to one's self was alway's lacking.

Yeah man, there are trees and stuff. Very nice, you should try of. Hahaha. I remember when i was 15/16 i played x3 almost 24/7. Had a matrass under my desk. Didnt come outside at all. Had the universe printed on A0 in my room. Also had tons of excel sheets with data. And so on.... best time ever with no worries at all.... except the lack of ... uhm... lady's

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 23:04

graphicboy wrote:
Sun, 21. Apr 19, 19:46
858, mostly SETA, and I waited for months to buy the game. I'd have a lot more if it weren't for restarts and bugs.
Same here.. and at 700 hrs. Stopped couple of months ago. Waiting for a game to be fixed and some DLC released before I jump for another go.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Olfrygt

Post by Olfrygt » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 23:29

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 13:03

And what? The teladi killed the Xenon shipyard in Scale Plate Green without any help. ARG has dozens of destroyers and alot of smaller stuff in Hatikvats choice. I don't need to send a single ship to defend the Xenon. Same for HOP.

A war to the races is no option for me. I have nearly all blueprints can buy every ship i want. There is not much to do anymore. I can build new stations or make them even bigger....but for what?

Tried a new savegame but there where so many problems. Could not buy any ship and the Npc can't buy new while the Xenon are wiping out all border sectors. :lol: There is no scaling to player fleets, combat rank, money or anything. And at the same time the so called "active universe" does nothing without the player. The Economy has to work with player or without.

foxglow
x4

Post by foxglow » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 23:56

Socratatus wrote:

This thread is not about how much knowledge I have about the game and Boasting? lol I'm too long in the tooth to need to boast about anything any more. It's about my pure curiosity to see how my playtime compared with other like minded people ie "Gamer's" and to share our experience'e via the forum.

For me, this thread has achieved that so far and I really appreciate all the replies folks, thank you :D

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 00:33

Olfrygt wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 23:29
Buy 30-50 plasma behemoths and kill everything ... literally ... then take a break till the next patch. OOS is best.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 06:44

Good for you foxglow, keep it up.

Me! I am going to boast, but then I can as I am the omnipotent one! The one all young pilots look up too, the one the red’s fear, the one who is so long in the tooth my jaw hurts. Enough of how brilliant I am ! ( reply to that you scoffers.)

My hours are 1198 and 44 seconds, oH no that’s 55 seconds.

My game is now a station design game, ( not enough space for full bodied blast about the universe, )

I did drop the game for quite a while as it seemed a little lost, not as engaging as the TC. And What ever the other one was ?

Any way,,, more importantly is your hourly fire rate, mine is 1.

Yip, did I bit off mining early on, and thats it !!
Lock box open, ( 0 )
Missions accepted ( 0 )
Total trade 44 Bill.

I am still a Private, and proud of it, My mummy would be too.

Back to the nitty gritty, Brag away, be the pilot you know you are, and let us know if you have found anything interesting out there. As I have found not much, well nothing to shout about. All rather black out there….

Distant traveled ( wow ) that much! sorry, musn’t say as I am bound to secrecy by the Boron.
:roll:

foxglow
x4

Post by foxglow » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 08:11

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 06:44
Good for you foxglow, keep it up.

Me! I am going to boast, but then I can as I am the omnipotent one! The one all young pilots look up too, the one the red’s fear, the one who is so long in the tooth my jaw hurts. Enough of how brilliant I am ! ( reply to that you scoffers.)

My hours are 1198 and 44 seconds, oH no that’s 55 seconds.

My game is now a station design game, ( not enough space for full bodied blast about the universe, )

I did drop the game for quite a while as it seemed a little lost, not as engaging as the TC. And What ever the other one was ?

Any way,,, more importantly is your hourly fire rate, mine is 1.

Yip, did I bit off mining early on, and thats it !!
Lock box open, ( 0 )
Missions accepted ( 0 )
Total trade 44 Bill.

I am still a Private, and proud of it, My mummy would be too.

Back to the nitty gritty, Brag away, be the pilot you know you are, and let us know if you have found anything interesting out there. As I have found not much, well nothing to shout about. All rather black out there….

Distant traveled ( wow ) that much! sorry, musn’t say as I am bound to secrecy by the Boron.
:roll:
Great Post Nort :) +1 As for any thing interesting in my travels, well, the most profitable of one of my sortie's through the asteroid belt in Grand Exchange I found 3 White crystal deposit's one after the other, a totally rare and beautiful moment :D :thumb_up:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 19:05

Olfrygt wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 13:03

And what? The teladi killed the Xenon shipyard in Scale Plate Green without any help. ARG has dozens of destroyers and alot of smaller stuff in Hatikvats choice. I don't need to send a single ship to defend the Xenon. Same for HOP.
All I can say is this not universally the case, certainly far from true in my current play through.

I have only just cleared Scale Plate Green of Xenon stations and the AI have barely made any inroads into the Xenon Sectors - only the Teladi have established ANY stations in (previously) Xenon Sectors and the relevant sectors only changed ownership after I dealt with the existing Xenon facilities. In Havtikas Choice, the Argon barely have any defence ships. Similarly the other factions have been barely holding their own in their Xenon border sectors. I have established a number of Xenon Task Forces (5 Carriers+16 Destroyers) to help control the Xenon by defending select positions in either Border or adjacent-to-Border sectors.

WRT Xenon in general, I have never supported the move to increase faction aggression without some form of decisive player action to trigger it - as the saying goes be careful what you wish for in the case of those that did. As far as new game starts are concerned, there have always been complaints about obtaining new ships from at least some quarters - I suspect a lot depends on random factors but there should be enough free ships scattered around to sufficiently mitigate any initial ship purchasing issues.

Olfrygt

Post by Olfrygt » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 19:16

graphicboy wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 00:33
Olfrygt wrote:
Buy 30-50 plasma behemoths and kill everything ... literally ... then take a break till the next patch. OOS is best.
I could kill everything don't even need more ships. But that doesn't make any fun (or sense logic/story) to me. So i still play that save, im trying to defend HOP from Xenon in hope that they are pushing more into PAR and ANT. And i wait for future releases and more patches before i start a new game "seriously".

In X3 i need a lot more time to get to that "I'm the biggest and the best" point.

Jean Pagette
x4

Post by Jean Pagette » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 21:01

2100 hours and doing sector claims all vanilla. Starting with pirate spaces and then moving into other strategic areas.

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 21:29

674 Hours according to steam.

All 1 save, < 1 hour of SETA, and except for bathroom, smoking, and dinner breaks, all at the Keyboard.

At this point, mostly spent waiting for Mega Complexes to complete construction, while I build/coordinate fleets and hope Faulty Logic I finally flips to my faction, since all they have is 0% Defense Stations for the past 150 hours.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 00:53

1206 and counting... maximum allowed time to afk withoug quicksave and shutting down the game 15min.

main focus... building entire economies and related infra structure within Friendly and/or former Xenon Space.

currently owned Wharfs: 4
currently owned Shipyards: 2

total Number of Systems under Corporate Protectorat (including Sub-Sectors): 8 (14)

current assets: something with many zeroes behind a 7... still increasing.
total number of hired personnel: 4140
Owned Ships: 388
Owned Stations: 54

Trade Rank: Mogul
Fight Rank: Senior Instructor

Visitors Encoutered: 4441
Visitor Ships (pretending to be employed by Santa Clause or similar) destroyed: 9

time spend in the actual save: 20 Days, 13 Hours, 19 min

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 16:02

Steam says 2474.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 16:18

how many of that is looking for bugs hehehe
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 17:37

heh. most of it, most likely.

Return to “X4: Foundations”