Uncertain if bug - Magically rebuilding stations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

photomankc

Uncertain if bug - Magically rebuilding stations

Post by photomankc » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 15:59

In my small fleet's genocidal march through Pontifexs Claim I ran into a couple of stations where the following occurred:

1.) Completed defense station - there is no build storage in sight when I begin. I fought through like 75 to 100 defense drones and finally began main assault. Destroyed the main defense module and then started working on the disks. Suddenly I notice there is a rapidly materializing replacement to the central defense module as well as all the disk defense modules I'd destroyed. Within just a couple of minutes they are ALL back at once and out pours another 75 to 100 defense drones. That sucks, and kills any enjoyment or immersion. Now it's just a slog to see if I can beat the glitch. Eventually I'm able to kill all the drones again and start on the station modules, but then I notice now a build storage is present and packed full so I break off and kill all the crates. No build ship is present. Back to the station and they are rebuilding again, but now they are all showing yellow exclamation marks. I'm finally able to destroy the partially complete modules by myself. At this point it's gone from fun to pissing me off and it's just stubbornness that makes me want this station dead so I finish it off.

2.) A refined goods complex follows nearly the same pattern - There is no build storage present as I begin to attack. After I have destroyed several defense platforms, storage mods and production mods, the modules all start rebuilding simultaneously first without any build storage or build ship, then later with build storage that just 'appears'. Only this time I destroy the modules 3 or 4 times over and they just keep coming back. Infuriating. This is complete garbage, so I finally just give up, but now the modules are all stuck with like 17:00 on the timer and of course I can't even go out of sector and order the fleet to attack because they refuse the order as I guess they can't target under construction modules.

So far I've got 3 stations that are going to be a complete pain in the butt to clear out but not every station does this obviously. Most go down the normal way and I can get my entire fleet in on the action, but every now and then the game logic just throws you the finger and says "nope, this one is not going away in fact we're going to rebuild it faster than you can destroy it" which is just garbage.

burger1
x3tc

Re: Uncertain if bug - Magically rebuilding stations

Post by burger1 » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 17:14

Stations regenerate health and rebuild fast. Use destroyers and hope the building site icon on the map goes dark and stays dark then disappear. A couple destroyers might work but partially built stations can't be destroyed I think.

photomankc

Re: Uncertain if bug - Magically rebuilding stations

Post by photomankc » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 17:52

I was using destroyers and frigates pouring in plasma. It's ridiculous to have it simultaneously rebuilding all the modules faster than you can destroy them using materials that aren't there. Having it stocked with a hundred drones immediately was also absurd.

*You* can kill the partial station modules by targeting the modules under construction individually in the map list. Other ships can't target them at all so once this starts you can only use one destroyer if you are at the helm.

Return to “X4: Foundations”