SCA destroyers suddenly turn red!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Général Grievous
x4

SCA destroyers suddenly turn red!

Post by Général Grievous » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 22:09

Hello guys!

I took Heretics End since a while. I saw 3 SCA Behemoths in this sector, patroling.
So i put an Odysseus just to tell theses guys "Be carfull asshole, i'm here, keeping an eye on you..."

But, recently, i received a distress signal form one of my Demeter.
What i surprise when i saw this attack came from these 3 assholes SCA destroyers!

So i teleport mysself inside my patroling Odysseus, killed one of the 3 bad guys, and had to leave because of main engine issue.
I call for my mothership to come. When he finnaly comes, i saw the 2 last Behemoth run out of Heretic's End. :o :o What? all that fight just for that? COME BACK TO FIGHT COWARDS!! :evil:
Later, i clean the area from some stupid SCA fighters that stay here and there, and it's over... I lost one Odysseus, one Falcon and one Demeter... :shock:
Come on, why did these Behemoths turn suddenly in red? I did nothing to them, so what happened?

Do you understand why they did that? Maybe my demeter was carrying some space weed? But it's allowed with SCA, no?

Thank you in advance. :wink:
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

martimus
x4

Re: SCA destroyers suddenly turn red!

Post by martimus » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 22:51

They are pirates. When they feel your ship has something they want, they tell them to give it to them. If your ship doesn't give it over, they attack. I have 4 Behemoth Vanguard's now from boarding SCA Behemoths that wanted my stuff.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 08:23

Next time, i will be the first to open fire.
One question: If i attack a "blue" SCA ship, will i lost reputation? Because when i defend myself, i don't loose any.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 08:42

Général Grievous wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 08:23
Next time, i will be the first to open fire.
One question: If i attack a "blue" SCA ship, will i lost reputation? Because when i defend myself, i don't loose any.
Depends on where.

Firstly you need to police scan them to reveal that they are SCA. Then if you are in ANT, ARG, HOP or PAR space you are good to go and can unload on them. The local faction will even pay you and give you reputation for killing such pirate scum! If you are in neutral space no one cares but do not expect any rewards.

TEL space is another whole issue. MIN actually likes you for killing SCA ships. However TEL, being neutral to SCA, does not. TEL stations will report you to MIN if you are too close to them when attacking SCA ships or if you attack too many SCA ships. Additionally the odd TEL patrol ship might get uppity with you and try to save the SCA pirate unless you have a very high reputation to cancel out the temporary reputation loss on those ships (eg at 30 it just drops them to 29 and they ignore you but at 10 it will drop them to -15 odd and they will attack you). If you attack tny TEL ships defending the SCA then MIN will get very unhappy and likely cause a temporary reputation loss with a response fleet which will try to kill you.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 18:57

SCA rep is locked at -5, You can kill them all you want and still do their guild missions. You can blow up their stations if you want, won't change rep at all.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 19:43

martimus wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 22:51
They are pirates. When they feel your ship has something they want, they tell them to give it to them. If your ship doesn't give it over, they attack. I have 4 Behemoth Vanguard's now from boarding SCA Behemoths that wanted my stuff.
Exactly this - the SCA are pirates and anarchists, they will stay neutral with you unless you do something to annoy them.

Rule of thumb - don't trust an SCA captain as far as you can throw their ship, they will stick the proverbial knife in your back on a whim. If you see a ship flying the SCA flag, kill it/board it before it attacks your interests (just don't do it in Teladi space).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Sanshy
x4

Post by Sanshy » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 23:59

We really need a way to set in global settings which faction we are friendly or neutral or enemy like X3zzz

Maybe SCA can sneak in hiding an other faction tag but that’s all. Right now it’s just annoying.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 08:35

Sanshy wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 23:59
We really need a way to set in global settings which faction we are friendly or neutral or enemy like X3zzz

Maybe SCA can sneak in hiding an other faction tag but that’s all. Right now it’s just annoying.
:thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Yup. I saw another one dropping some MK2 laser towers. :evil:
I saw some PAR and ARG fleet attacking SCA stations too. Set SCA as ennemies may allow my fleet to kill them immediatly after they crossed a gate. It could be helpfull.

Return to “X4: Foundations”