Change default behavior of fleeted ships

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AlbinoNoodle

Change default behavior of fleeted ships

Post by AlbinoNoodle » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 00:06

Hope someone can help with this.

I'm trying to change to behavior of a ship in a fleet with the intention of being able to
group a bunch together into a fleet to clear some space and organise my unassigned
ships section while still leaving them able to be used as single ships.

I managed to do it once with a ship assigned to the ship I was flying somehow, giving it the
order of hold position but cannot for the life of me figure out how to repeat it to other ships
as the option to change behavior is grayed out and I can't remember what I did to repeat it.

thanks if anyone can help.

graphicboy
xr

Re: Change default behavior of fleeted ships

Post by graphicboy » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 00:31

AFAIK, you can give one-off commands, but not default behaviors, to fleeted ships. In other words, any fleeted ship can be told to dock, but not told to trade/explore/mine/etc.

If you want to clean up the list, the best you can do is assign them to stations.

AlbinoNoodle

Post by AlbinoNoodle » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 20:25

graphicboy wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 00:31
AFAIK, you can give one-off commands, but not default behaviors, to fleeted ships. In other words, any fleeted ship can be told to dock, but not told to trade/explore/mine/etc.

If you want to clean up the list, the best you can do is assign them to stations.
This is what I thought until I managed to do it through obscure method or bug.
I just can't repeat it.

Would be hilarious if the one of the few useful features of the fleet system was a bug.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 22:05

AlbinoNoodle wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 20:25
graphicboy wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 00:31

This is what I thought until I managed to do it through obscure method or bug.
I just can't repeat it.

Would be hilarious if the one of the few useful features of the fleet system was a bug.
I believe you could do this in a previous version. They fixed it :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”