X4: Foundations 2.50 released

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Socratatus
x4

Re: X4: Foundations 2.50 released

Post by Socratatus » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 16:39

Mantrae wrote:
Sun, 9. Jun 19, 08:26
Thx for the good work.

But...
Can you please fix some anoying issues occurings till 2.0? Like the empty data vault bug (27/28 open, can't get the 28th at Pius Myst cause... empty vault...)
Likewise, and for immersion, it could be a good idea to work on the pathfinding of the npc on the stations... and the issue were sometimes it's impossible to interact with some npc (invisible guys, or "hello" guys with no interactive menu).

Oh, and as we're talking about imersion... I'm not asking for a full exploration of our ships, with rooms where we can find our crew members (could be awesome, btw, but I understand it take hours of work for creating this kind of rooms, especially when you have to work on rooms for capitals ships and the 100+ crew inside of theses)...
BUT! Can you at least do something about :
- Npc pathfinding on cockpit (where 50% of the time they just... don't sit on secondary seats).
- Teladi's tails (Just look any of them sit, you'll understand... it just destroy immersion).
- As we're talking about immersion... Why the crew do not have animations at all? It could be a bit more interseting if they do... Well, it come with the next point ;
- Interactive screens. All theses consoles are just... TV? Photo? Idk. We're on spaceshifts, dammit! Can we have schematics, or any type of info about the hull, the drones, the docked ships... ANYTHING :cry: And if they could be TRUE data about our current situation, it could be awesome!
- And... please... Let us, players, sit on theses secondary seats. I love so much let the pilot do the travel, sometimes... But I'm just standing here, with nothing to do. I'm pretty sure it's noting that hard to do, but it make so much sense.

Well...
I'm complaining a lot, but it's just proof that I love this game. Just... Do something about immersion. I know you want a sandbox-like... but... We're not Xenon. A bit less procedural world, and a bit more immersive world could be a good choice, imo.

Anyway, I'm complaining, but I'll still continue to play untill 3.0 at less... So keep up the good work.

PS : BTW, apologies for the broken english, I'm doing my best, here, with another language.
Totally agree with all of this. It`s the little things that count.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 12:47

I too would like to be able to sit in a secondary seat on bridges of my ships. Just for immersions though as I think it would be cool.

A lot better to have that then waste any more time on ventures... sheesh, single player game has ZERO need for it! Was shocked and disgusted when then that was unveiled and said more work was being put into it. Locking away paint jobs or anything behind it unless you mod the game.... (unless I am mistaken). Instead of say.... putting the man power into finishing the in game Encyclopedia. Patch 2.5 and lots of info is still missing in it.

But I am not the boss. I do like the fixes that 2.5 has brought with it and the improvements as well. When it’s finished in a few years with all the updates and DLC’s (And Mods that add what Egosoft does not). I am sure it will be considered one of the best “Single Player Space Sandbox” games for many years to come!

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 21:58

Lazerath wrote:
Thu, 13. Jun 19, 12:47
I too would like to be able to sit in a secondary seat on bridges of my ships. Just for immersions though as I think it would be cool.
I think being able to sit in secondary ships on bridges, paired with the ability to manually control ship drones or individual turrets, would make the most sense.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Thu, 20. Jun 19, 04:09

Mantrae wrote:
Sun, 9. Jun 19, 08:26
Thx for the good work.
- And... please... Let us, players, sit on theses secondary seats. I love so much let the pilot do the travel, sometimes... But I'm just standing here, with nothing to do. I'm pretty sure it's noting that hard to do, but it make so much sense.
I was wishing for the exact same thing playing today, to be able to sit in a secondary seat. Great idea!
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

AlienM1nd
x4

Post by AlienM1nd » Sun, 30. Jun 19, 10:43

Lazerath wrote:
Thu, 13. Jun 19, 12:47
finished in a few years
yea next time i'm not buying a banana seed. i'll buy the banana.

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Wed, 3. Jul 19, 13:35

Maybe a temporary steam problem but when clicking on 'here', steam says the page is missing.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 3. Jul 19, 15:59

No the topic has been changed and forgot about the link here, should be fixed now.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations”