X4: Foundations 2.50 released

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

X4: Foundations 2.50 released

Post by CBJ » Tue, 28. May 19, 17:39

We are pleased to announce the release of 2.50, which introduces some new features to X4: Foundations as well as fixing a number of issues with the game. We have added a whole new class of Auxiliary ships, and associated resupply orders, to help you support your fleet. We have also added a blacklist feature to enable your ships to avoid dangerous areas, and new inventory management functionality so that items collected by your pilots can be transferred to you or to a safe location. Also with this release, the Linux version of the game is now available to all players, and Tobii eye-tracking is supported for those of you playing on Windows.

Full release notes are available here.

Rest assured that this release is just part of our ongoing program of fixes and features, and that the focus of our next update will be on improvements to the in-game economy.
Last edited by Ketraar on Wed, 3. Jul 19, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

Falcrack
x4

Re: X4: Foundations 2.50 released

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 29. May 19, 00:08

Thanks Egosoft, for giving such great support to the game! A lot of folks like to get on the bash Egosoft bandwagon because it is trendy or something, but I think you guys have done a fantastic job with X4 so far. Sure it could be better, but I appreciate that you are continuing to work hard to make it into a great game.
CBJ wrote:
Tue, 28. May 19, 17:39
Rest assured that this release is just part of our ongoing program of fixes and features, and that the focus of our next update will be on improvements to the in-game economy.
Regarding the comment about improvements to in-game economy, would you care to comment as to how exactly you look to improve the economy? What about it, do you feel, needs fixing? Also, are we still on track with 3.0 for the sector ownership and research improvements which were mentioned in the original roadmap?
Last edited by Falcrack on Wed, 29. May 19, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Wed, 29. May 19, 01:07

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 28. May 19, 17:39
We are pleased to announce the release of 2.50, which introduces some new features to X4: Foundations as well as fixing a number of issues with the game. We have added a whole new class of Auxiliary ships, and associated resupply orders, to help you support your fleet. We have also added a blacklist feature to enable your ships to avoid dangerous areas, and new inventory management functionality so that items collected by your pilots can be transferred to you or to a safe location. Also with this release, the Linux version of the game is now available to all players, and Tobii eye-tracking is supported for those of you playing on Windows.

Full release notes are available here

Thank the Devs for keeping at it.
Last edited by Ketraar on Wed, 3. Jul 19, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adjusted steam link
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 29. May 19, 02:04

Congratulations on another milestone.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Wed, 29. May 19, 07:13

Thank you

Great improvement to usability and performance.
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Wed, 29. May 19, 08:28

Impressive list of fixes, well done!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Umbrella.Corps
x4

Post by Umbrella.Corps » Wed, 29. May 19, 12:56

Please add UNIQUE items, ships, engines, shields and more.
These are rare things that are impossible to buy at the stations.
For example, a very rare ship that is difficult to find in space.
In the wreckage of the ships there is nothing valuable, it makes no sense to open containers and wreckage.
Not interested
PS: sorry for my google translation

Bernadotte
x4

Post by Bernadotte » Wed, 29. May 19, 16:02

Please, boost the xenons.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 29. May 19, 18:08

Now that 2.5 is out of the way, any chance of some sneak peaks at the upcomin Split assets? Maybe a station or a ship?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 29. May 19, 18:15

Axeface wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 18:08
Now that 2.5 is out of the way, any chance of some sneak peaks at the upcomin Split assets? Maybe a station or a ship?
I'd settle on a sneak peek for all the issues that are still there, unfixed, before any new content.

lionroot
x4

Post by lionroot » Thu, 30. May 19, 16:00

Thanks devs and keep the good work!!!

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 31. May 19, 18:16

For the first time since 2.50 release I could finally find some time to play with the new map features a bit.

I'm very pleased with the new stuff I'm seeing. It will take a bit of time to fully get the hang of it or course, but it will ultimately make large scale empire management much much easier.
So thank you very much for the new toys! Keep on rocking!
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Mantrae
x4

Post by Mantrae » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 08:26

Thx for the good work.

But...
Can you please fix some anoying issues occurings till 2.0? Like the empty data vault bug (27/28 open, can't get the 28th at Pius Myst cause... empty vault...)
Likewise, and for immersion, it could be a good idea to work on the pathfinding of the npc on the stations... and the issue were sometimes it's impossible to interact with some npc (invisible guys, or "hello" guys with no interactive menu).

Oh, and as we're talking about imersion... I'm not asking for a full exploration of our ships, with rooms where we can find our crew members (could be awesome, btw, but I understand it take hours of work for creating this kind of rooms, especially when you have to work on rooms for capitals ships and the 100+ crew inside of theses)...
BUT! Can you at least do something about :
- Npc pathfinding on cockpit (where 50% of the time they just... don't sit on secondary seats).
- Teladi's tails (Just look any of them sit, you'll understand... it just destroy immersion).
- As we're talking about immersion... Why the crew do not have animations at all? It could be a bit more interseting if they do... Well, it come with the next point ;
- Interactive screens. All theses consoles are just... TV? Photo? Idk. We're on spaceshifts, dammit! Can we have schematics, or any type of info about the hull, the drones, the docked ships... ANYTHING :cry: And if they could be TRUE data about our current situation, it could be awesome!
- And... please... Let us, players, sit on theses secondary seats. I love so much let the pilot do the travel, sometimes... But I'm just standing here, with nothing to do. I'm pretty sure it's noting that hard to do, but it make so much sense.

Well...
I'm complaining a lot, but it's just proof that I love this game. Just... Do something about immersion. I know you want a sandbox-like... but... We're not Xenon. A bit less procedural world, and a bit more immersive world could be a good choice, imo.

Anyway, I'm complaining, but I'll still continue to play untill 3.0 at less... So keep up the good work.

PS : BTW, apologies for the broken english, I'm doing my best, here, with another language.
=====
"I'll Take Broken English for 800." Jon Jafari (1990-????)

... But I'll continue to do my best in an other language!

steph2019

Post by steph2019 » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 09:22

Thanks for the update - that's great - happy we can get the supply ships

That's always been a pleasure to manage a large scale empire and still being able to do some tacticals stuffs

in the next iteration please think about also the very large scale empire tuning/performance optimisation, so the fps available can still be reasonable

Player
x4

Post by Player » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 16:28

Unfortunately giving orders to your fleet and make your commands, even the simplest, be obeyed, still not works. :(

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 16:39

Mantrae wrote:
Sun, 9. Jun 19, 08:26
Thx for the good work.

But...
Can you please fix some anoying issues occurings till 2.0? Like the empty data vault bug (27/28 open, can't get the 28th at Pius Myst cause... empty vault...)
Likewise, and for immersion, it could be a good idea to work on the pathfinding of the npc on the stations... and the issue were sometimes it's impossible to interact with some npc (invisible guys, or "hello" guys with no interactive menu).

Oh, and as we're talking about imersion... I'm not asking for a full exploration of our ships, with rooms where we can find our crew members (could be awesome, btw, but I understand it take hours of work for creating this kind of rooms, especially when you have to work on rooms for capitals ships and the 100+ crew inside of theses)...
BUT! Can you at least do something about :
- Npc pathfinding on cockpit (where 50% of the time they just... don't sit on secondary seats).
- Teladi's tails (Just look any of them sit, you'll understand... it just destroy immersion).
- As we're talking about immersion... Why the crew do not have animations at all? It could be a bit more interseting if they do... Well, it come with the next point ;
- Interactive screens. All theses consoles are just... TV? Photo? Idk. We're on spaceshifts, dammit! Can we have schematics, or any type of info about the hull, the drones, the docked ships... ANYTHING :cry: And if they could be TRUE data about our current situation, it could be awesome!
- And... please... Let us, players, sit on theses secondary seats. I love so much let the pilot do the travel, sometimes... But I'm just standing here, with nothing to do. I'm pretty sure it's noting that hard to do, but it make so much sense.

Well...
I'm complaining a lot, but it's just proof that I love this game. Just... Do something about immersion. I know you want a sandbox-like... but... We're not Xenon. A bit less procedural world, and a bit more immersive world could be a good choice, imo.

Anyway, I'm complaining, but I'll still continue to play untill 3.0 at less... So keep up the good work.

PS : BTW, apologies for the broken english, I'm doing my best, here, with another language.
Totally agree with all of this. It`s the little things that count.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 12:47

I too would like to be able to sit in a secondary seat on bridges of my ships. Just for immersions though as I think it would be cool.

A lot better to have that then waste any more time on ventures... sheesh, single player game has ZERO need for it! Was shocked and disgusted when then that was unveiled and said more work was being put into it. Locking away paint jobs or anything behind it unless you mod the game.... (unless I am mistaken). Instead of say.... putting the man power into finishing the in game Encyclopedia. Patch 2.5 and lots of info is still missing in it.

But I am not the boss. I do like the fixes that 2.5 has brought with it and the improvements as well. When it’s finished in a few years with all the updates and DLC’s (And Mods that add what Egosoft does not). I am sure it will be considered one of the best “Single Player Space Sandbox” games for many years to come!

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 21:58

Lazerath wrote:
Thu, 13. Jun 19, 12:47
I too would like to be able to sit in a secondary seat on bridges of my ships. Just for immersions though as I think it would be cool.
I think being able to sit in secondary ships on bridges, paired with the ability to manually control ship drones or individual turrets, would make the most sense.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Thu, 20. Jun 19, 04:09

Mantrae wrote:
Sun, 9. Jun 19, 08:26
Thx for the good work.
I was wishing for the exact same thing playing today, to be able to sit in a secondary seat. Great idea!
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

AlienM1nd
x4

Post by AlienM1nd » Sun, 30. Jun 19, 10:43

Lazerath wrote:
Thu, 13. Jun 19, 12:47
finished in a few years
yea next time i'm not buying a banana seed. i'll buy the banana.

Return to “X4: Foundations”