Mobile Mining Base?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dani_Gecko
x4

Re: Mobile Mining Base?

Post by Dani_Gecko » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 04:02

LegionOfOne wrote:
Sat, 15. Jun 19, 18:50
Both a Mobile Mining Base and a Mobile Trade Station, with XL-class dedicated ships with a lot of cargo space and the ability to 'set up shop' in any sector and start mining/trading, probably with special scripts for their subordinates, is something I am very interested in as well.

I'm already thinking about how to make the Mobile Trade Stations a reality, I am closer to that one thanks to the mods I already released.
But Mobile Mining Bases are on my wishlist next !

As for anyone who doubts how useful MMBs would be, it all depends on the cargo capacity of the Base Ship. If it is large enough, it will be more efficient to set up the Base in the middle of the resource field, fill up fast since the mining ships around have no travel time, and sell everything at once with the slow but cargo-filled Base.
Unless I can make the Base act as a factory to process every raw resource as well, and in that case you can just use traders to sell the Base's production, then it doesn't even have to move unless you want to relocate to a new sector.
+1

In any regards I do miss TL-class ship. anything with a substantial amount of cargo. I'm deploying L-class mining ships for my stations and they seem to fill up rather quickly. I get the impression the ratio of product to cargo size was altered in comparison to former X games. Before, having the MMB and 20 subordinates would net you a very nice income, now hauling a L-class cargo full of ore to a bigger (player owned) station seems like a drip in the sea for ore processing.

Return to “X4: Foundations”