too many stations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SPiDER
x4

too many stations

Post by SPiDER » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 16:12

In my earlier playthrough Trinity Sanctum III was a real money earner and the complex and shipyard I built there earnt Billion's.
So after restarting with 2.5 it got around time to start building there again.
Except this time its was infested with pirates and PAR military was non existant the Wharf/Eqp Dock/ShipYard all has ship construction queued and full trade orders...then I noticed the pirates were hacking/stealing wares from the storage..as a consequence I think the AI is trying to compensate for the shortages and has gone into station building overload at the moment there are 63 stations built and more going up..but thre are no PAR trade ships because of all the pirates so wares arn't getting to the wharf to build more.
And although all sectors have had more stations starting and have built more none are like TSIII
I'm obviously doing what I can the Minotaurs have been wiped out but still I have 3 missile equiped Behemoths to deal with and no local police or military presence and I have already lost 3 autotraders to the Behemoths..this early in the game I cant take the loss of these high level captains or their vessels
I have looked for the Zeus and atlas and their ODDY's but nothing there arn't even any Perseus's flying around

Dave K
x4

Re: too many stations

Post by Dave K » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 18:58

I had one Argon sector with 500'ish stations in it and no pirates to be seen so I think there's just something weird in 2.5 that sometimes triggers overbuilding.

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 18:17

I got a Sector with my own station in it and around 100ish stations and i hardly can move when i am in sector bc FPS issues. What have u done to solve that. :-)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 18:30

SPiDER wrote:
Sun, 9. Jun 19, 16:12
I'm obviously doing what I can the Minotaurs have been wiped out but still I have 3 missile equiped Behemoths to deal with and no local police or military presence and I have already lost 3 autotraders to the Behemoths.
Buy 5 Nemesis Vanguards. Equip them with Ion Blaster Mk2. While out of sector fly them all close to the Behemoth Vanguard then cancel orders and order them to attack it. Obliterate the Behemoth Vanguards in a matter of seconds.

The AI needs to limit the number of stations it builds. Additionally in times of oversupply it should even shut down stations or at least repurpose them rather than building new.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 18:34

Dave K wrote:
Sun, 9. Jun 19, 18:58
500'ish stations
*jazz music stops*

We are currently focusing on issues with the economy but so far, none of our in-house tests have ended up in such a situation. We'd appreciate if you could host your savegames somewhere so we can:
a) Take a look at what the cause is
b) Be sure that any attempt to reduce the number in your savegames actually works

Cheers
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 19:40

I cant provide it since i play modded and im proud of it.

Even though the mods are all removable (i can remove all mods and save again safely, if you would want that) i heard u only want not modified games, which i feel is rare these days.

Some mods are so fun and some even crucial.

I dont have a 500ish sector but since im producing hull parts and nanotronics the stations the ai was able to build and the ships which were built by my factories (and which made me a fortune) are slowing the game down tremendously. As mentioned in another thread by me the L/XL ships are also jamming on th jump gates which limits the resource throughput from sector to sector very hard and thus the economy.

All my PC specs are above the recommended system specs (not even mentioning the minimum specs) and still i get in main sector less then 10 fps, on some occasions even less then 3.

I doubt i will reach 500ish stations without dropping to less then 1 FPS.
Insane no?

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 19:40

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Guagj ... QggONjf8gJ

This save has you in Argon Prime.
This save is 5 days old ( as in 5 game days have passed since the new game was started )
Already it is up to Argon Medical Factory XI.
In Trinity Sanctum III there are now 69 stations and the most obvious one is Power Plant XVI.
Also of note..Argon Nomad Vanguard.parked up in the midille of Argon Prime with a WAIT command has been there like that almost from first arrival.
In Hatikvah Choice 1 there is a Xenon Power Plant being built too.
There are a few other oddities but they have already been reported in the Beta..eg whafs and eqp docks with fact attachments..I have also come across a PAR defence platform with refinery attachments that was in pios mists but I got killed and havent revisted yet
if you wish to see those the two most obvious are the HOP wharf with a microchip attachments and the ANT eqp dock with a solar plant attached

Edit i
The idea that Defense Platforms have Fact attachments is actually something I wouldnt change bringing these otherwise eyecandy stations into the economy is a good thing..In my old playthrough when accepting a mission to build a self defense platform " Premeptive Defensive measures " I would always add a fact and Habitation module solely beacuse it would make them part of the economy
Edit II The Arg Self Defense Platform in The Reach has Quantom Tube Att
Last edited by SPiDER on Thu, 13. Jun 19, 11:18, edited 2 times in total.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 09:46

Thanks for the savegame spider, much appreciated!
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 13:28

Is this different than PAR/HOP with Medical Supply / Soja Husk factories? (Several reports in the beta forums about this)

arragon0815
x4

Post by arragon0815 » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 15:14

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Wed, 12. Jun 19, 18:34
Dave K wrote:
Sun, 9. Jun 19, 18:58
500'ish stations
*jazz music stops*

We are currently focusing on issues with the economy but so far, none of our in-house tests have ended up in such a situation. We'd appreciate if you could host your savegames somewhere so we can:
a) Take a look at what the cause is
b) Be sure that any attempt to reduce the number in your savegames actually works

Cheers
Good Morning

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=417115

:D
AMD Ryzen 9™ 7900X3D // PNY GeForce RTX™ 4070 12GB Verto // Kingston FURY DIMM 32 GB DDR5-5200 Kit // GIGABYTE B650E AORUS MASTER // Enermax ETS-T50 AXE Silent Edition // SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1 TB SSD + Seagate ST2000DM008 2 TB // Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1000W // Microsoft Windows 11 OEM // 65" Sony 4K Gaming TV, 120 Hz.
X4 rennt wie Sau in 4K :eg:

Mantrae
x4

Post by Mantrae » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 04:40

Here an other save if it help.
Vanilla till start, I've seen the same issues till 2.5. I've spotted some sectors with 25+ factoty of the same type... and nothing explaining why so much.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LBIbY ... LqmfdHZhd0
=====
"I'll Take Broken English for 800." Jon Jafari (1990-????)

... But I'll continue to do my best in an other language!

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 14:08

SPiDER wrote:
Wed, 12. Jun 19, 19:40
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Guagj ... QggONjf8gJ
This save has you in Argon Prime.
This save is 5 days old ( as in 5 game days have passed since the new game was started )
Already it is up to Argon Medical Factory XI.
In Trinity Sanctum III there are now 69 stations and the most obvious one is Power Plant XVI.
Looking through the storage level history of the older stations in Trinity Sanctum III there seems to have been a severe lack of Energy Cells for most stations which could explain some of the Solar Power Plant building, but no doubt the system went overboard.
At this time it appears that things have stabilised somewhat (at least in that sector).

What would be extremely helpful to figure out what was going on is if there were any savegames around game-day 3 or 4 (so before most of the excess stations have been built) - do you still have saves from that time by any chance?

We're continuing to look into these and other economy related issues.
SPiDER wrote:
Also of note..Argon Nomad Vanguard.parked up in the midille of Argon Prime with a WAIT command has been there like that almost from first arrival.
That's a fun one - turns out the ship wants to resupply and dock - *at itself*. Oops. We'll get that fixed.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 14:31

https://anonfile.com/qfHb45ren2/save_002.xml_gz

In this save the HOP and PAR are continuing to build soy bean, soja husk, ecell, and med factories. Even as one of my fleets is clearing them out in pious mists, they are trying to build more.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 14:38

- Sir, there's a shortage of hull parts and mint toothpicks in our space.
- Build more toothpick factories!
- Sir, there's still a shortage of hull parts and mint toothpicks in our space.
- But Sir, we're already building twenty of them. There's not enough hull parts.
- Sir, there are 2000 toothpick factories in construction, but no hull parts. Shall we build a hull part factory?
- Build hull part factory!
- Sir, there are no more factories that produce hull parts in our space. So we won't have hull parts to build the hull part factory. I guess we're done.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 14:40

radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 14. Jun 19, 14:38
There's some definite similarities between that and, "sir, we're out of critical resources" ... "go sell 3 ecells!".

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 16:15

BurnIt! wrote:
Fri, 14. Jun 19, 14:08
SPiDER wrote:
That's a fun one - turns out the ship wants to resupply and dock - *at itself*. Oops. We'll get that fixed.
fixed. thanks. should be in a future update.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 19:21

radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 14. Jun 19, 14:38
- Sir, there's a shortage of hull parts and mint toothpicks in our space.
- Sir, there's still a shortage of hull parts and mint toothpicks in our space.
- But Sir, we're already building twenty of them. There's not enough hull parts.
- Sir, there are 2000 toothpick factories in construction, but no hull parts. Shall we build a hull part factory?
- Build hull part factory!
- Sir, there are no more factories that produce hull parts in our space. So we won't have hull parts to build the hull part factory. I guess we're done.

😂 - Captain Zap Brannigan!

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 14:17

Should never release new bugs imo. This issue was reported in the beta feed back forum and saves were provided there, why did you all let this go live? This bug is potentially game breaking. Game performance is heavily affected by the hundreds of food and med factories each faction is trying to spam out.

nickerdenko

Post by nickerdenko » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 14:23

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 16:56

What would be extremely helpful to figure out what was going on is if there were any savegames around game-day 3 or 4 (so before most of the excess stations have been built) - do you still have saves from that time by any chance?....sorry This new game start was orginally going to be only temporary until the issues was fixed then I could go back to my earlier playthrough..but in all honesty I wont be going back to it the new game start is so completley different from continuing from the old one..so I only was running fron 2 save files.

The best example of which is that both ANT and ARG military now appear to be capable of doing their jobs ..which they wern't before....and I know you guys try to keep game saves working through new patches but in reality this is a much much better experiance now.....to anyone with a PRE 2.0 game start ..ditch it and start from fresh.

Having explored a bit further now MIN went overload on Smart Chip Fact's too in grand exchange also the ARG med's are still going up.

Tomorow I'll post another save to show the progress

And I still havent found the PAR core Military either..and although the save I will post dosent show the PAR sectors as entered yet I have been there then got killed before an autosave and they just arn't in the game that I can see

Return to “X4: Foundations”