Mining Fleets

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hairless-Ape
xr

Mining Fleets

Post by Hairless-Ape » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 22:08

I can't see a way to create a mining fleet. If you fleet up mining ships, you can't change their behavior.

All I'm really trying to accomplish is to take a group of commonly tasked ships and hide them from the display of ships to reduce clutters.
From what I can see in 2.5, the only way I can see to do that is to put those ships into a fleet. Same goes for my 20 scout ships.. I really just want to group
them somehow so they don't clutter up the "unassigned ships", or "Stations and All Ships" listings. I would love to be able to group them into a fleet, but then tell them individually to do whatever I want, just so I can get them out of the clutter..

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tiedemann
x4

Re: Mining Fleets

Post by Tiedemann » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 22:29

I rename everything and use some sort of prefix so they all appear grouped in the list. Like AM Tethys Vanguard where AM stands for Auto Miner.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 00:16

Yea, I've been doing the same thing since version 1 :) Seems the only thing we can do.

I was really hoping that egosoft would do more than just add some simple filters to the list for 2.5.. but it was probably the quickest fix they could make and least effort I'm sure.

What we've needed since day 1 though is the ability to assign whatever ships we want to a fleet, but still be able to command those ships individually. X3 had this all along. Alternatively, some ability to perhaps right click a ship and say "hide", and then have some filter for the list that says "hidden ships". That way, I could get them out of my face but still have the ability to un-hide them if I so choose. To me, this is a very fundamental U.I. issue for a game where you are essentially managing large amounts of ships as the norm.

please please..

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 02:11

It’s called a group!

Something the Devs should have thought of imo. Filters help but do not solve everything sadly.

We need to be able to create “Groups” just like fleets but for Miners and Traders. We also need to be able to RENAME the groups. That would solve a lot of issues.

Have em look like fleets in the list but they’d be groups.

I hope I explained that well enough that people understand what I mean.

They never put enough thought into their UI Design IMHO.

Cheers!

PS: Why can’t we rename fleets, freaking retarded design decision.
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 00:33

The npc's appear to be able to assign mine for & trade for orders to subordinates.
So it looks like the basic framework is there, just not enabled for "player" yet

bit like the various war scripts, some are definately on, some aren't.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 07:04

RodentofDoom wrote:
Wed, 12. Jun 19, 00:33
The npc's appear to be able to assign mine for & trade for orders to subordinates.
So it looks like the basic framework is there, just not enabled for "player" yet

bit like the various war scripts, some are definately on, some aren't.
That would be something that normally would bother me. Something in a game that’s only partially turned on. Many game companies in the past have done crap like that and then only fully turned on things or finished them if you purchased a DLC or Expansion.

However, I am not worried about it with Egosoft because I’ve never seen them do something like that in the past. So I confidently think this has to do with bugs or it’s simply not yet finished and will be completed in an upcoming patch at some point. Oh, it’s also possible nothing else happens with it too but that is less likely.

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Return to “X4: Foundations”