X4 storyline issue

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Panos
x4

X4 storyline issue

Post by Panos » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 00:36

Even if I have the game since December, started playing it today with 2.5

However I am kinda stuck. I started the mission the Boron gives, picked the item, jump to the new system following his advice and then disaster.
There is a hostile fleet of 5 Teladian ships around the mission point. I cannot take them out with the crappy starter ship of the tutorial start. So I have tried to dock on the nearby station and wait a bit. Nothing. Even if I left the game run for few hours today, the ships are there around the point.

How's possible to expect from new starters, on tutorial start, to beat 5 ships which just one shoot you?
Is there something I miss? Maybe restart the game and new environment would be generated or the mission needs to be completed later in the game/campaign?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X4 storyline issue

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 00:52

Panos wrote:
Mon, 10. Jun 19, 00:36

However I am kinda stuck. I started the mission the Boron gives, picked the item, jump to the new system following his advice and then disaster.
There is a hostile fleet of 5 Teladian ships around the mission point. I cannot take them out with the crappy starter ship of the tutorial start. So I have tried to dock on the nearby station and wait a bit. Nothing. Even if I left the game run for few hours today, the ships are there around the point.

How's possible to expect from new starters, on tutorial start, to beat 5 ships which just one shoot you?
Is there something I miss? Maybe restart the game and new environment would be generated or the mission needs to be completed later in the game/campaign?
You should start out neutral to TEL. If you did something to break reputation with them then that is a problem.

If they are SCA ships (marauders/pirates) trying to pirate the sacrificial ship, then that is an annoyance but one can resolve it by blowing them up and waiting for TEL (who will view it as an attack on civilians) to cooldown. One can use either the free L Destroyer in Faulty Logic or the free Osprey in Company Regard to help with this. Equipping with pulse turrets and guns should be sufficient to kill the SCA ships.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 16:14

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 10. Jun 19, 00:52
Panos wrote:
Mon, 10. Jun 19, 00:36

You should start out neutral to TEL. If you did something to break reputation with them then that is a problem.

If they are SCA ships (marauders/pirates) trying to pirate the sacrificial ship, then that is an annoyance but one can resolve it by blowing them up and waiting for TEL (who will view it as an attack on civilians) to cooldown. One can use either the free L Destroyer in Faulty Logic or the free Osprey in Company Regard to help with this. Equipping with pulse turrets and guns should be sufficient to kill the SCA ships.
I restarted the game, however after doing the step of launching the satellite and need to get a ship with antimatter cells, the place is crawling with Marauders Kha'ak and Xenon.
To the point a bunch of Xenon chased me all way to the Grand Exchange drone base and there was a huge fight inside the station.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 16:21

Panos wrote:
Mon, 10. Jun 19, 16:14
I restarted the game, however after doing the step of launching the satellite and need to get a ship with antimatter cells, the place is crawling with Marauders Kha'ak and Xenon.
To the point a bunch of Xenon chased me all way to the Grand Exchange drone base and there was a huge fight inside the station.
I had a similar issue in my first playthrough.

But that's hardly a bug. Grand Exchange has a bit more pirate activity than other main sectors. Get some cash (side missions, trading, mining, etc.), upgrade your ship or acquire a few wingmans, clear out the place...

You want the spot? Earn it. :D
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 17:39

Panos wrote:
Mon, 10. Jun 19, 16:14
This is due to the encounter system. When you enter zones that you have not personally visited for a while there is a chance of an "encounter" happening. Each possible encounter involves teleporting instances of a variety of different types of ship from around the universe. Sometimes it is harmless fleets of miners. Other times Kahak, pirates or even Xenon. Sometimes the pirates will be made hostile towards the player when teleported for the encounter, even if they have no cargo of interest.

This only applies to the player entering a zone, even if a relief pilot is flying. Ships in low attention or out of sector will not produce encounters. Additionally encounters will not happen again in zones they recently occurred or in zones near stations. Unfortunately until the Headquarter structure spawns the zone involved is almost certainly eligible for encounters.
Ezarkal wrote:
Mon, 10. Jun 19, 16:21
But that's hardly a bug. Grand Exchange has a bit more pirate activity than other main sectors. Get some cash (side missions, trading, mining, etc.), upgrade your ship or acquire a few wingmans, clear out the place...
TEL sectors are prone to pirate encounters. They are still limited by encounter mechanics such as not in zones with or near stations.

Lore wise this is because the Teladi as a faction are dependent on SCA smugglers to supply resources to Hewa's Twin and all connected systems due to the Godrealm of the Paranid having a blockade at Trinity Sanctum III. The reason for the blockade is because the Teladi wanted to move Swamp Plant from Ianamus Zura through Trinity Sanctum III to Hewa's Twin as it is considered a harmless food and recreational substance widely and traditionally consumed by the Teladi. To the Godrealm of the Paranid they consider Swamp Plant as a precursor of Spaceweed which possession and consumption is outlawed in PAR space and viewed the movement of such substance as an intent to supply such substance to their systems.

As I mentioned earlier, there are two preplaced (spawn in same place every game start) powerful ships one can use to not only dispatch "pests" from the objective area but also to deliver the sacrificial ship safely. The Odysseus Vanguard in Faulty Logic is a free copy of the best L destroyer in the game however it does require navigating a procedurally generated tracker mine field to claim properly (without equipment loss) and can be difficult to extract for new players due to Faulty Logic being a Xenon sector with high Xenon traffic. On the other hand the Osprey frigate M ship in Company Regard is considerably easier to extract as it is far enough away from the gate to Scale Plate Green that outside of encounters there is little risk associated with it. The Osprey is very slow unfortunately, however it does boast reasonable fire power (2 guns, 4 turrets and 3 M shield generators) and even has a single S landing pad to help haul the sacrificial ship safely to the objective area.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 03:16

OK restarted tonight and was more careful not to engage. I have move the quest line to the point need to make the dock. (did few easy side quests, bit crystal mining also, got ranking with Teladian Corp).

Now returning back to finish off the quest and see what the next step is. While writing this, I have an NPC captain flying the ship :D
For some might seem "normal" but I find it really cool feature :D

What I miss from Rebirth is the free walking around the station facilities. Here is more restricted.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 03:32

Panos wrote:
Tue, 11. Jun 19, 03:16
What I miss from Rebirth is the free walking around the station facilities. Here is more restricted.
Lots of folks complained about having to walk around stations in Rebirth, so I suspect this is why it was scaled back. I personally prefer walking around the more open dock areas in X4, feels more lively to me, and I like the view of space and planets.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 04:30

Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 11. Jun 19, 03:32
Panos wrote:
Lots of folks complained about having to walk around stations in Rebirth, so I suspect this is why it was scaled back. I personally prefer walking around the more open dock areas in X4, feels more lively to me, and I like the view of space and planets.
People complained about walking around because the way Egosoft implemented the other features made it tiresome and at times very frustrating. The stupid mini game to try and see someone’s skill level and a host of other things like restrictions the way trading was first done (I forget a lot of it now thankfully) but I think if the game (Rebirth) had been released in a state similar to how it is now less people would have complained about it.

In fact if X4 had a similar design as Rebirth for going into stations in Addition to the current docking/landing bays then it would be awesome!

But that’s just my two cents, not worth much! LoL

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 05:00

Lazerath wrote:
Tue, 11. Jun 19, 04:30
Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 11. Jun 19, 03:32
Panos wrote:
People complained about walking around because the way Egosoft implemented the other features made it tiresome and at times very frustrating. The stupid mini game to try and see someone’s skill level and a host of other things like restrictions the way trading was first done (I forget a lot of it now thankfully) but I think if the game (Rebirth) had been released in a state similar to how it is now less people would have complained about it.

In fact if X4 had a similar design as Rebirth for going into stations in Addition to the current docking/landing bays then it would be awesome!

But that’s just my two cents, not worth much! LoL

Cheers!
I would like to see more station interiors too, in addition to the docking areas they have now. What could they put there? What gameplay elements in your opinion would warrant further fleshing out the station interiors?

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 05:24

Some of the missions are impossible to complete. Scan a ship containing a decryption module? That's an inventory item, it doesn't appear in a ships cargo. It sucks to do 4 out of 5 stages of a mission chain to get an exceptional mod piece, just to have to cancel it because mission number five is broken.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 05:34

Panos wrote:
OK restarted tonight and was more careful not to engage. I have move the quest line to the point need to make the dock. (did few easy side quests, bit crystal mining also, got ranking with Teladian Corp).

Now returning back to finish off the quest and see what the next step is. While writing this, I have an NPC captain flying the ship :D
For some might seem "normal" but I find it really cool feature :D

Judging by your forum registration date this is not the first X-game you're playing. So you should know that you are not required to do all plot missions immediately. Get yourself some money, buy, steal or find a better ship or a whole fleet of destroyers and then return.

Return to “X4: Foundations”