no resources are being bought for module construction

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Plärr Jörgenson
x4

no resources are being bought for module construction

Post by Plärr Jörgenson » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 19:08

I want to build some more modules on my station, but no resources are delivered to the build storage.
The station has a manager, i am in good standing with all major factions and the build budget is adequate. There are ARG stations even in sector which sell the required hull parts. I cannot see what's going wrong.

SPiDER
x4

Re: no resources are being bought for module construction

Post by SPiDER » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 19:22

I have found in situations like this hiring a builder causes the wares to be started to be delivered

Plärr Jörgenson
x4

Post by Plärr Jörgenson » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 19:44

A builder is assigned.
Since i have had the problem with this station before and have provided the resources via my own traders then i have some resources already in the build storage - could that be a problem?

Thanks!

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 21:28

Are the parts in question in shortage? I'm in the same boat in an early game. I need hull parts but so does EVERYONE, and most offers are for much higher volume than my needs so I think the traders are ignoring my offers until this settles down. In the mean time I just manually task my Autotrade ships with getting the parts for me, even steal some of the station traders for it. Hull Parts shortage is worse in every way than my previous engine parts shortage was. This really grinds everything to a halt, even attempts to fix the situation.

zarrazee

Post by zarrazee » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 22:26

OP. Even though I'm at 100% with my buy offer and there is stock available, I have the same problem with pretty much every module I build. I guess there are NPC trader shortages and/or the NPCs are finding more profitable trades elsewhere.

As others have said, I use my own traders to buy the resources, then transfer them to the station.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 05:33

This is why its important to always build Hull part production first before anything else. The game world starts out starved for hull parts because of all the new stations that factions like to plop down at the beginning of the game, and you're gonna need your own supply to build your stations with.

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 09:35

I found that sometimes my own traders are cluttering the access ports to the build storage, so they occupy the accesspoints to the buildstorage. If they have no other commands in their que they just sit there, preventing other ships to dock at the builstorage.
Only way to be sure if this happens is to go with a ship to the bauild storage and see if this is the case.
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 10:22

first three stations to build are HULL, Engine Parts,Smart Chips all close to faction wharfs and or yards very quickly engine parts dont become as important as HULL and SMART... and then start adding all the other Ship Modules..by that time you should be able to afford Claytronics manufacture..then you're printing money getting Methane in this my new playthrough has been the resource thats scarce then ore

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 19:15

I have not experienced this myself, I have my own construction ship but use NPC ones for build missions and once providing credits the NPC ships flock to it like moths to light. I also have no shortages and all yards are producing, my own production is smart chips (20 modules that produce around 11k chips/h). Even though there is no shortage they are in high demand (around 200k, probably more). What I did long before investing heavy in own production was to move NPC wares around with a handful of M ships. Now even have 2 dedicated traders only for high tech wares.

I also tend to set buying price for build storage to 80% if I dont want to wait too long, but often prefer handle it manually just to squeeze that extra profit out of it. :-P

MFG

Ketraar

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 21:56

I had a situation where I needed just 101 energy cells to build the dock for the PHQ. I had money in the build budget, all the other stuff had been delivered, except those last few stubborn e-cells. I ended up just buying e-cells manually in my starter Elite and fulfilled it myself.

Plärr Jörgenson
x4

Post by Plärr Jörgenson » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 22:10

zarrazee wrote:
Mon, 10. Jun 19, 22:26
OP. Even though I'm at 100% with my buy offer and there is stock available, I have the same problem with pretty much every module I build. I guess there are NPC trader shortages and/or the NPCs are finding more profitable trades elsewhere.

As others have said, I use my own traders to buy the resources, then transfer them to the station.
i don't think that npcs are going to find better trades. i'm offering to buy over 2000 hull parts at max price. that's 4-5 class M loads and they can buy loads of them in the same sector.
anyway i switched to doing something else and after approx. 2 hours the wares started to come in.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 22:19

I think it applies not only to building, but to trade offers in general. I'm experimenting with single module stations; just now I launched an Engine Parts plant. NPCs brought in the A/M cells and refined metals almost at once. But no one seemed to bother delivering the e-cells. And the nearest power plant is in the same sector just 100km away. Had to use my own freighter.

Return to “X4: Foundations”