Deployables appear far from position - save provided

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kilmore7466
x4

Deployables appear far from position - save provided

Post by kilmore7466 » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 04:27

What would cause laser towers and mines to drop far from where I attempt to place them?
I've tried several different methods, i.e. in F2 view, mini map, and straight from cockpit view. But they will appear in a cluster if mass deployed, in some arbitrary location.
Anyone else experience this?

Falcrack
x4

Re: Deployables appear far from position

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 05:01

Are you moving when you place them? They do have some inertia inherited from your ship and will drift a while before coming to a stop.

kilmore7466
x4

Post by kilmore7466 » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 21:27

I do move, slow speeds, 50 -100kpm so it will not stick to my hull, and I can time release them for ample coverage.
Also, by far I mean 20 Km or more from where I drop them.
Another behavior is becoming apparent, where a cap ship with all subs will teleport to another position I haven't commanded. I'm inclined to believe I have a very bugged game at this point.

kilmore7466
x4

Post by kilmore7466 » Sat, 22. Jun 19, 07:55

Another related incident, … among others, I was on the My ship left me mission, moments away from landing on the target Oddy, which was also moments away from entering a jump gate, when I was teleported 35k Km outside of the sectors, and outside the observable map of the galaxy. This contributed to a condition immediately causing my scalp to bleed as fistfuls of hair left my head.
Are we still in a beta mode here? Honestly Egosoft, was this an error I made or just half a buttock effort to release this madness on unsuspecting consumers addicted to this genre?

kilmore7466
x4

Post by kilmore7466 » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 04:08

I have the solution, and possible cause = Quest required I deploy 3 laser towers in a specified area - tried deploying - cast them 50Km away from location, tight group, tried again with same ship remotely - same result - much more blood and hair lost.
Bought a new ship from a close by Warf - worked.
Affected deployable were military only, from a Nemesis I had modified, shield and weapons, legendary grade. Although I don't see why, it affected the proximity of military deployable to an insane o mount. Vanilla grade ship had no issues, and I was able to complete the mission and receive my reward. blood and hair hopefully will return to me over time. :evil:

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 15:39

Hi,

could you please post a save with that modified Nemesis?

kilmore7466
x4

Re: Deployables appear far from position - save requested

Post by kilmore7466 » Tue, 16. Jul 19, 07:33

The nemesis has been renamed Diablo.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmbthbSLL8oFfZHY7Vmp3t07Urg

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: Deployables appear far from position - save provided

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 16:54

Finally got to this. Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to reproduce the issue. Loaded your Diablo up with Mk1 Lasertowers and the three different kinds of mines and deployed them while the ship was in various states (standing still, flying, docking, undocking, flying in travel mode) and the deployables deployed correctly. Tried to force the ship to have Mk2 Lasertowers and those correctly did not deploy at all (they require an S-class docking bay which the Nemesis does not have).

If you happen to remember any additional details to reproducing this reliably, I could take another look.

kilmore7466
x4

Re: Deployables appear far from position - save provided

Post by kilmore7466 » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 07:25

Curious, if it wasn't the mods, what else could I look into as a cause? The issue of the rescaling of the sectors, was that possibly connected? I do not know if the sectors were intended to be that large in the 1st place, so cannot place that as a associated issue. Does seem odd that all that space gets appropriated, and there are no resources found within them.
Any suggestion as to what is possibly askew on my system to cause this if no one else is experiencing these behaviors?
An example of a sector affected would be Bright Promise. On my game, I have a puny area exposed, and a streak from a returning ship from outside the sector that if I retrace, I will find other ships from all the other factions, but nothing as far as any other stations or resources.

Return to “X4: Foundations”