fly and wait

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

fly and wait

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 23:05

Many times, when I want to order a ship to fly to a particular location, I want them to immediately begin with their default behavior, such as distribute wares, autotrade, automine, etc. But, when I give the "fly to" command, the command the ship receives is "fly and wait". This means that I have to babysit these ships to stop them from waiting and get them started on their task. IMO, "fly to" commands should not include a "wait" component, the ship should simply fly to the location, then do whatever comes next command queue or it's default behavior.

Ezarkal
x4

Re: fly and wait

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 15:31

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 13. Jun 19, 23:05
Many times, when I want to order a ship to fly to a particular location, I want them to immediately begin with their default behavior, such as distribute wares, autotrade, automine, etc. But, when I give the "fly to" command, the command the ship receives is "fly and wait". This means that I have to babysit these ships to stop them from waiting and get them started on their task. IMO, "fly to" commands should not include a "wait" component, the ship should simply fly to the location, then do whatever comes next command queue or it's default behavior.
+1 to that.

For now, a workaround is to queue up a typical order of their default behavior after the "fly to" order.
If nothing fits, "revisit known stations" or "collect loot" usually does it for me.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

JoeJinis
x4

Re: fly and wait

Post by JoeJinis » Thu, 7. May 20, 10:44

Hello,

This post was a long time ago now, is there any news for a "fly and live your life" now?

Return to “X4: Foundations”